- it is widespread in some cities and villages that for the newlywed fajr is dropped (ie he doesn't have to pray), so it is not binding upon him as he is a newlywed!
- one layman asked a shaykh and said: oh our shaykh, everytime i pray i am sure that i've recited al-fatiha but shaytan comes and tells me that you haven't said it, so should i listen to him and say al-fatiha again?
- a graduate from the college of shariah in the islamic university asked a sh/student of knowledge, regarding Allah's saying: "tabbat yada abi lahabin wa tab" (Perish the hands of Abu Lahab! Perish he! 111:01), he asked two questions:
* who is abu lahab?
* is he a mushrik or a jew???!!!!
- a man asked the imam ibn baaz (rahimahullah ta'ala) and said samaahat al-waalid (father), he then mentioned his question. then the next questioner asked straightaway (and if only he didn't ask): ya shaykh, doesn't the statement (Samaahat al-waalid (Father)) come under the prohibited adoption? so the imam rahimahullah said: no no, this is from respect or a word towards that.
- a student in the college of usool al-deen in the al-azhar university asked the shaykh abu ishaaq al-huwayini (hafidhahullah ta'ala): "was the prophet (Sallalahu alayhi wa sallam)" maliki or shafi'i?!!!!!
- a layman told a sh/student of knowledge, (and he was clean-shaven - nothing could be seen except the remains of the hair from shaving), that the prophet's beard (Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) was like this (little remaining hair from the effect of shaving on the face).
- a teacher in egypt told students in high school that a person that has wudhu and hears the barking of a dog has lost his wudhu - in the hanbali madhab!!! and some of them think that if a woman passes in front of a fasting person, his fasting is void!
- in a fatwa program, a woman called in and asked the shaykh: is singing haram? the shaykh siad: i'll admit that singing is haram! but if we were to say to the people that singing is haram, then they will all commit sin. so me and the committee met and we decided that singing is permissible, but quietly!
- there's a story of one who claimed prophethood, naming himself "LAA" (NO in arabic), so he said: "i am a prophet and the messenger muhammad(sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) said "LAA NABI BA'DI" (NO prophet after me). and my name is LAA (NO). so the rasool (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) told the people that i am after him.
- one brother said that he prayed in one of the masjids in riyadh and he found an elderly man after salah saying: "as as as as as as as" and he moves his fingers like there is a tasbih, so the brother said to him: oh uncle, what are you saying? he said: i'm saying as as as as as, so the brother said: and what's the meaning of as as as as? he said: i don't know but i hear the people saying it, so i'm saying it like them. the brother said: i then taught him the correct way of tasbeeh and tahleel and i showed him his wrong and i went.
"I am a man who collects panties. I don't wear them, but I buy new ones for my collection. Is this haram?"
"I don't see anything forbidden in buying panties whether you use them or not. However, if the final intention that you will sometime sell them, they must be subject to zakah on a yearly basis.
Allah Almighty knows best!"