/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My other books/digests/short stories Reviews

Kas1m
09-12-2008, 10:50 AM
:sl::arabic6:

I find less information of urdu books on internet. There is but its not much so I will take some time to review some of the short stories, digests or books. It will also serve as a list for me of which stories I have read so I can keep an accounts. I love to organize and keep account of things. Its just me. My favourite author has and will be M A Rahat. So books from other authors i class as 'other' and so I will be reviewing them. Lately I have been reading Suspense Digest so I will review the stories in there. Please take a note that these will be reviews and based on my opinion so you might like them or not. I dont know your taste.

Unfortunately I can't put the stories up as it will be a long process but you can easily get them from book shops and request from Pakistan or India or your countries. Its easy. Technology these days. The reviews will be in english so please. I'm sure this will be informative to those who like to read a bit of urdu literature and the young gen needs it because urdu is getting weaker and weaker. So thumbs up. Feel free to add your comments.

Also if you want to know the whole story and the whole outline including spoilers then PM me and I will tell you. Thats for the guests too if your looking and reading. Sign up and get the story lol

Yours,

Kasim.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kas1m
09-12-2008, 10:50 AM
1) Razm e Gah e Ishq

Author : Hamayoon Balgarami

Date (I read) : 20.6.8 to 23.6.8

Length : 45 A5 Digest Pages

Type of story : History

Theme : War, love.

Setting : Forest, Castle, Camping, War grounds

Rating : 2 Stars (On a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best)

Synopsis : A true historic story of two lovers from rival states. Mahmood Gaznawi's son Arsalan and the daughter of Saljoq's daughter Rataba. This is the era after Mahmood Gaznawi died. The story is also about a prisoner Mahmood kept and never told anyone about him so his son goes out to search for the prisoner.
I didn't like it at all. It is about love, war and long history narrations. I actually skipped two pages at a time to read the end. It was that bad.

Here is the link for this story. i have taken pictures of it and uploaded as a pdf. zoom in if you cant read full view

Razm e Gah e Ishq

Kas1m
09-12-2008, 11:02 AM
2) Lateefa

Author : Ahmed Saghir Sadiquie

Date (I read) : 24.6.8

Length : 3 A5 Digest Pages

Type of story : Murder, Twisted

Theme : Murder, Dialogue

Setting : Office, House bedroom

Rating : 4 Stars

Synopsis : It may be short but a very brilliant story. two pages are descriptions and the last one is dialogue and finish. The story ends with such a stunning twist. Its about this guy whos wifes has been already murdered and he looks for another wife and something happens and leaves the reader with a stun. Brilliant. 4 stars.

Lateefa

Kas1m
09-12-2008, 11:12 AM
3) Devta (Episode 375)

Author : Farhad Ali Taimoor

Date (I read) : 25.6.8

Length : 37 A5 Digest Pages

Tone of story : Suspenseful

Theme : Sci fi, telekinesis, mind reading, parallel worlds, satanist, good vs evil

POV : First and third

Rating : 3 Star

Synopsis : It is known as the longest story in urdu writing spanning over two generations. Its continuing for 375 months. It is about a man with powers to read minds and even control them. It is a set of series or events happening. I have not read it from start so I dont know what happens but Im kinda getting the hang of it now.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kas1m
09-12-2008, 11:17 AM
4) Ankh Ka Tara

Author : Tahir Javed Mughal

Date (I read) : 26.6.8

Length : 3 A5 Digest Pages

Tone of story : Depressing, sad, story telling

Theme : Psycological

Setting : Two houses

Rating : 3 Star

Synopsis : I think Tahir is a good writer and well known. I dont know him much but this story tells that he is definately classed one of the highest skilled writers. This story is about the refurbishment of two houses and a widow living in one house not wanting to move. So the builder plays a psycological trick to get her out. Must read.

You can always PM me for the full outline of story.

Kas1m
09-12-2008, 11:26 AM
5) Khana Badosh

Author : Asif Zubair

Date (I read) : 1.7.8 to 3.7.8

Length : 11 A5 Digest Pages

Tone of story : Dry

Theme : Murder investigation, Accounts of murder

Setting : Mountain villages

Rating : 2 Stars

Synopsis : A simple murder took place when the local villagers find out a gold mine company is digging a mine here. The big boss of company comes to reassure the villages but opposite gets murdered so its about that. It was a bit dry and boring too.

Kas1m
09-12-2008, 11:34 AM
6) Hasb e Khawahish

Author : Malik Safdar Hayat

Date (I read) : 7.7.8

Length : 30 A5 Digest Pages

Tone of story : Very upbeat

Theme : Homocide investigation, first person

Setting : Pakistani villages around Faisalabad, very hot climate

Rating : 4 Star

Synopsis : I'm not too keen on murder or homocide investigation but this one rocked. Two murders took place in a village house. Its in first person and thats the way I like it. This inspector goes around the village talking and inquiring people and gets to the roots of the investigation smoothly. Very fast paced story. Good too.

Re.TiReD
09-12-2008, 11:37 AM
:salamext:

Have you read 6 Afsaaney? Toba Teyk Singh

WassalamuAlaykum

Kas1m
09-12-2008, 11:38 AM
7) Karishma

Author : Syed Ihtisham

Date (I read) : 6.7.8

Length : 3 A5 Pages

Tone of story : Humorous

Theme : Humour, long narrations, no dialogue

Setting : none, just narrations, office you can say

Rating : 1 star

Synopsis : If I can choose another word for this story then it would be 'File'. Its about the word File and the importance of it. How it changes our lives and records everything. Even this thread is a file. Its 3 non stop pages with the words file file file file and file.

Kas1m
09-12-2008, 11:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя

Have you read 6 Afsaaney? Toba Teyk Singh

WassalamuAlaykum
Whos the author? i have heard of it

Re.TiReD
09-12-2008, 11:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kasim
7) Karishma

Author : Syed Ihtisham

Date (I read) : 6.7.8

Length : 3 A5 Pages

Tone of story : Humorous

Theme : Humour, long narrations, no dialogue

Setting : none, just narrations, office you can say

Rating : 1 star

Synopsis : If I can choose another word for this story then it would be 'File'. Its about the word File and the importance of it. How it changes our lives and records everything. Even this thread is a file. Its 3 non stop pages with the words file file file file and file.
I want to read this akhee, sounds interesting.

Re.TiReD
09-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Whos the author? i have heard of it
Its a book called chey (6) afsaaney. Cant remem who its by. I studied the book. Also Miratul Uroos.

Kas1m
09-12-2008, 11:43 AM
8) Khushboo Ka Zakhm

Author : Neera Ihtisham

Date (I read) : 10.7.8

Length : 4 A5 Digest Pages

Tone of story : kind of depressing and sad

Theme : Relationships

Setting : it actually spans over a generation. You know kids get bigger

Rating : 2 Star

Synopsis : A good story about a woman who loved someone and he leaves suddenly but he comes back unexpected and in an unusual situations. Kind of those stories that stuns readers at the end.

Kas1m
09-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Its a book called chey (6) afsaaney. Cant remem who its by. I studied the book. Also Miratul Uroos.
dont know 6 afsaany but i have miratul Uroos. I pick it up and put it back down. ill read it later lol i done it 100s of times. whats it about? it looks inspirational

Kas1m
09-12-2008, 11:45 AM
I want to read this akhee, sounds interesting.
These kinda stories which dont have a story line just looooooong narrations are better to read it. you dont get the best out of it if some one tells you. its one of those stories

Re.TiReD
09-12-2008, 11:46 AM
dont know 6 afsaany but i have miratul Uroos. I pick it up and put it back down. ill read it later lol i done it 100s of times. whats it about? it looks inspirational
Hmm I find some of the values rather old-fashioned but I guess it gives somebody to look upto if you want to be the Perrrrfect daughter/wife/DIL/SIL etc etc :thumbs_up

I think one of the reasons I didnt like it is coz she is toooo perrrfect, and I'm being honest :phew its unreal.

Read it insha'Allah

Kas1m
09-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Hmm I find some of the values rather old-fashioned but I guess it gives somebody to look upto if you want to be the Perrrrfect daughter/wife/DIL/SIL etc etc :thumbs_up

I think one of the reasons I didnt like it is coz she is toooo perrrfect, and I'm being honest :phew its unreal.

Read it insha'Allah
I will Inshallah. I have two or three versions of it in my house

Kas1m
09-12-2008, 11:54 AM
9) Pyar Ke Rang

Author : Manzar Imam

Date (I read) : 10.7.8 to 11.7.8

Length : 15 A5 Disgest Pages

Tone of story : Humerous

Theme : Humour, family, business

Setting : Office, house, park.

POV : Third person

Rating : 4 Stars

Synopsis : A mild humour masterpiece. Sometimes a mistake can cause bigger problems. A series of events happened. A business man goes for a meeting but his things gets stolen by a pick pockter. He and his secetary (female) comes up with a plan. They started begging on the roads and someone takes pity on them and keeps them as servants. Later they found out that the house that they are serving in is the actual house where the meeting was. The man of the house recognizes him and now he tries to attend the meeting and other time he tries to serve the food. Very funny in text. Must read.

Kas1m
09-12-2008, 12:08 PM
10) Tohfa e Khaas

Author : Samar Abbas

Date (I read) : 11.7.8

Length : 8 A5 Pages

Tone of story : Dry, depressing, cynical

Theme : Mother/daughter relation, daughter/step father relation, revenge, anger.

Setting : Winter, beach huts.

POV : Omniscient

Rating : 2 stars

Synopsis : It was going good at the start but it got messed up in the end. Its one of those kinda feelings where you are sitting on a dark afternoon at about 5pm in your dark living room watching tv. A story about a daughter who wants to save her mum from getting into relation with a wrong guy. So guess what? the daughter plays a trick.

Kas1m
09-12-2008, 12:13 PM
11) Bar Waqt

Author : Parveen Zubair

Date (I read) : 11.7.8

Length : 6 A5 Pages

Tone of story : Suspenseful

Theme : Revenge, journalist, do anything to get a snap of a celebrity

Setting : Celeberity mansion, swimming pool

POV :

Rating : 1 Star

Synopsis : Although it had a bit of suspense at the end but it was dull overall. Its one of those do anything to get a picture of a famous person. So an insider took pictures and sold it. Lame.

Kas1m
09-12-2008, 12:21 PM
12) Hadhrat Musa A.S (Misr se rivangi aur Firaun ka anjaam)

Author : Zia Tasneem Balgarami

Date (I read) : 1.8.8 to 4.8.8

Length : 17 A5 Pages

Tone of story : Islamic

Theme : Islamic history, Musa a.s, true story

Setting : Historic Egypt

POV : -

Rating : 4 star

Synopsis : A short bit from the famous story of Prophet Musa a.s (Moses) and what happened to Firaun when he drowned. How Musa a.s took his qaum to different spot but his qaum would just complain and complain. Its very detailed accounts of what happened to his qaum and they fought a battle and Allah gave them Mano Salwa. Good story. I always loved it.

Kas1m
09-12-2008, 12:33 PM
13) Saat Din

Author : Kashif Zubair

Date (I read) : 2.8.8 to 5.8.8

Length : 49 A5 Pages

Tone of story : Happy, sad ending

Theme : Love, sad

Setting : The beautiful village in Maree next to Islamabad

POV : Third Person

Rating : 3 Stars

Synopsis : This was a good sad story about a girl and boy who fell in love but didnt say anything to each other. Seven days from here point of view and seven days from his point of view something sad happens at the end. A unique story.

Kas1m
09-12-2008, 12:40 PM
14) Anari (Episode 24)

Author : Ahmed Iqbal

Date (I read) : 5.8.8 to 16.8.8

Length : 38 A5 Pages

Tone of story : Very upbeat

Theme : social, murder, family, lawyer, court, cases

Setting : Village, london

POV : First Person

Rating : 3 Stars

Synopsis : I hate starting reading stories from the middle. This is a long serial and on ep. 24. Its about a man (main person) who has a jaidad written to him and some Jageerdar tries to put case on him and something. I'm still trying to figure out the story. Maybe next time I can tell you better.

This was the last story of Suspense April 2008. I will add some more Inshallah.

Re.TiReD
09-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Hmm but where can I read them? :?

Kas1m
09-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Hmm but where can I read them? :?
As i said im happy to upload them or scan them but i need to find a way or something. Other than that they are just views. Where in uk you live? You can easily get this digest from a muslim bookshop i think

Re.TiReD
09-12-2008, 01:57 PM
You can easily get this digest from a muslim bookshop i think
JazakAllah khayr

Kas1m
09-12-2008, 02:00 PM
JazakAllah khayr
Remember its called suspense

Re.TiReD
09-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Remember its called suspense
Which story is that?

Kas1m
09-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Which story is that?
No. Suspense is the name of the magazine or digest. It has different stories in it.

Re.TiReD
09-12-2008, 02:07 PM
No. Suspense is the name of the magazine or digest. It has different stories in it.
Aha, JazakAllah

Kas1m
09-12-2008, 02:29 PM
If i scan a story or book, will it effect the copyright system?

Kas1m
09-13-2008, 07:26 AM
i have uploaded first two stories of it. please can you check if it is ok to read? im just testing it out

Kas1m
09-13-2008, 12:20 PM
To heck with it, I put up all the book in pdf format taking pics. just download it if you want and read. Qissaa Mukhtasir.

http://www.esnips.com/web/SuspenseDigestApril2008

Re.TiReD
09-13-2008, 12:46 PM

JazakAllahu Khayran! It works! :)

WassalamuAlaykum

P.S Hmm actually its taking long to load

Kas1m
09-13-2008, 02:05 PM

JazakAllahu Khayran! It works! :)

WassalamuAlaykum

P.S Hmm actually its taking long to load
I noticed that too. Its the website too slow. I would suggest you download it on your computer and view instead of streaming cuz it would take ages

Re.TiReD
09-13-2008, 10:17 PM
I noticed that too. Its the website too slow. I would suggest you download it on your computer and view instead of streaming cuz it would take ages
Ok insha'Allah :)

waji
09-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Brother kasim if ur urdu lover than i think u will like this forum as well

اردو محفل

Kas1m
09-17-2008, 06:20 PM
yes i am urdu lover. the forum is good. i went there before i think you posted a link a while ago too

waji
09-17-2008, 06:52 PM
yes i posted this link in favorite forums thread

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.