/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused.

anonymous
09-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Assalamalaykum.
I've always been very proud of my religion and always been told that islam is a very tolerant religion and simple religion. But recently I've been going on a lot of Q&A sites and some of the Q&As i've seen there are so confusing and give the impression that its anything but simple. I didnt think it was compulsory to do the niqab but most of these answers say you do. There was one question about playing with dice saying its not allowed. They've explained it but I'm still confused. What harm can a dice do? I simply cant understand some of the little things in these sort of Q&As. There are just too many to mention. Also I have never understood what the deal is with madhabs- hanafi, shafi etc. And to be honest I dont think I want to know. I am a muslim my heart is pure and i really dont think there is so much need to go into such tiny details if you trust yourself and are confident in your heart and trust yourself not to do anything that is bad. I think one of the most important things is to have a good heart and everything will follow.
I dont know if what I'm saying is making any sense to anyone I hope it is.
Sorry if I have offended anyone it was not the intention.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
09-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Thread approved

Am sorry for the delay :)

:w:

YusufNoor
09-13-2008, 03:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Assalamalaykum.
I've always been very proud of my religion and always been told that islam is a very tolerant religion and simple religion. But recently I've been going on a lot of Q&A sites and some of the Q&As i've seen there are so confusing and give the impression that its anything but simple. I didnt think it was compulsory to do the niqab but most of these answers say you do. There was one question about playing with dice saying its not allowed. They've explained it but I'm still confused. What harm can a dice do? I simply cant understand some of the little things in these sort of Q&As. There are just too many to mention. Also I have never understood what the deal is with madhabs- hanafi, shafi etc. And to be honest I dont think I want to know. I am a muslim my heart is pure and i really dont think there is so much need to go into such tiny details if you trust yourself and are confident in your heart and trust yourself not to do anything that is bad. I think one of the most important things is to have a good heart and everything will follow.
I dont know if what I'm saying is making any sense to anyone I hope it is.
Sorry if I have offended anyone it was not the intention.
:sl:

why bury yourself with details if you are not ready for it? Allah[swt] will not burden you more than you can bear. take some time to learn the beauty of your religion!

i use Mufti Ismail Menk as an Iman booster, BUT he will tell you the truth! listen to some of his Tafseer lectures here, especially the Reasons of Revelation [the 2009 aren't available yet]:

http://www.muftimenk.co.za/Downloads.html

to make common sense of complicated things, watch these lectures from Dr Amu Ameenah Bilal Philips, especially the Foundations of Islamic Studies WAAAAAY down at the bottom:

http://www.bilalphilips.com/bilal_pa...sk=view&id=288

there are many other good lectures on Abu Ameenah's video page such as the Contemporary Issues, Avoiding the Unlawful, the Way of the Prophet and you might want to watch ones on hijab!

learn the macro, then the micro! May Allah[swt] make it easy on you and may He increase you in knowledge which is beneficial and keep you from knowledge that isn't! Ameen!

:w:

------
09-13-2008, 11:38 AM
:salamext:

Sis don't go on Q&A sites, because they will confuse u even more. There are many diff views about diff things in Islam, and your never going to get a straight answer.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
09-13-2008, 11:53 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam.

I think you should get yourself a teacher/imam to help you learn step by step inshallah.:thumbs_up i think that's the best option to save your self from over confusion.

Musaafirah
09-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Sis..May Allah (SWT) reward you for your efforts of trying to find out more about Islam..
I think the most important aspects are to first know the basics and then learn more..as we are eternally students..
As sis Serene said..it'd be best to avoid Q&A sites for the mo..
But at the end of the day, the basics of Islam are the five pillars..

Mahir
09-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Assalamu Alaikum sis...

we are all sinners, playing dice isnt a huge sin, as i belive! so dont step intro such fiqh, if dice is haram or not, ignore it for now, i would suggest to watch videos by Yusuf estes, or Dr zakir naik, they are the people that explain things and makes it easy for you to understand!

Dont go to Q&a sites that holds diffrent views, thats why you are so confused, one day you look at a shafi fiqh, the other day a hanafi fiqh saying the opposite, so please choose one, hanafi dont see niqab as fardh, they have alots of proof. or stick to "Islamonline.net" they also make it easy to understand, they allways give the conclusion, and they never change the answer/conclusion in other simillar questions in other threads

Islam is a easy way of life, stick to the 5 pillars and you will be fine InshAllah

anonymous
09-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Thanks. I was expecting lots of people to critisice me but they didnt so thanks.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.