/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help Me...

Re.TiReD
09-12-2008, 12:39 PM
AssalamuAlaykum Warahmatullah

Ok I basically took this idea from the heartwheel Journal. Each day Muhammad al Shareef gives en extract (More like a paragraph) and we have to find a hadeeth and aayah that is related to the paragraph he gave.

For example [I made this one up thats why its lame]: We should always strive to do things for the sake of Allah (swt) only, striving to make somebody else happy will not work in the long run since our ultimate reward lies with Allah (swt) and not the people of this dunya.

And for that the hadeeth you could give is:

[Actions for the sake of Allah only]

Allah Almighty had said:

I am so self-sufficient that I am in no need of having an associate. Thus he who does an action for someone else's sake as well as Mine will have that action renounced by Me to him whom he associated with Me.
It was related by Muslim (also by Ibn Majah).

WassalamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
09-12-2008, 12:43 PM
So the 1st one I give is:

When it comes to the materialistic world, one should look to those who have less than them in order to be thankful to Allah for what He has given us. However, when it comes to that which is with Allah, one MUST look to those who were higher so that they can strive to attain it. As a sage said 'Always look to the stars! For you may never reach their lofty status, but in the darkness of the ocean, those stars will guide your way home!'
An aayah or hadeeth insha'Allah people :) and remember, there's no answer that is 100% correct, you may find several ayaat of ahadeeth.

WassalamuAlaykum

Na7lah
09-13-2008, 11:43 PM
:bump:

this is a really good idea :)

cute123
09-14-2008, 09:00 AM
this is really cool . dont remember the hadith specifically but its like 'Being happy is to be satisfied with what you have'

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
09-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Lol JazakAllah khayr. Anybody else? I have a particular hadeeth in mind. A clue: Look to somebody who is worldly your... Any guesses?

WassalamuAlaykum

------
09-14-2008, 01:27 PM
^ That dont make sense "worldly your" :-s

Re.TiReD
09-14-2008, 01:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -
^ That dont make sense "worldly your" :-s
I didnt complete the hadeeth :skeleton: :exhausted Lol :p this is going downhill :|

IbnAbdulHakim
09-14-2008, 01:30 PM
when it comes to dunya look at who has less,

when it comes to piety/akhirah look at who has more...

Re.TiReD
09-14-2008, 01:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
when it comes to dunya look at who has less,

when it comes to piety/akhirah look at who has more...
Lol JazakAllah khayr.

Finalllyyy!

Maybe I gotta close this thread :exhausted

Well anyway, here's the hadeeth I had in mind:

'Always look to a person who is worldly your inferior and never to a person who is worldly your superior. That way, it will be easier for you not to make light of the blessings and worldly benedictions of Allah upon you' (Muslim)

chacha_jalebi
09-14-2008, 01:55 PM
erm whatever you do is goin to be judged on what you had in mind when you did it

thats simple...

Re.TiReD
09-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Next one insha'Allah:

If perfection is your goal, then you have the lowest standards! Why the lowest? Because perfection cannot be achieved by any human being. Perfection belongs to Allah alone. Thus if this is your standard, you will never achieve it...

Insha'Allah any hadeeth or aayah relating to perfection etc

IbnAbdulHakim
09-14-2008, 02:01 PM
kullu ibnu adam khatta, wal khayru khattaeen attawaboon

and if i totally flopped that then it means, all of the children of adam sin, but the best of them are the repenters

chacha_jalebi
09-14-2008, 02:01 PM
i cant find it

but the hadiths where the Prophet (Saw) says if you see someone better lookin then you, look at a person who you are better lookin then...

Re.TiReD
09-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Oh My Allah ;D

lol JazakAllah khayr. Seriously

If one gets into their car and has no destination in mind, they will never arrive at the 'nothing' in mind. You will never arrive if you dont know where you are going or take actions to get there. Paradise is something that must be hoped for day and night. Those who enter jannah are those who entered it 10,000 times b4 they died. Because they hoped and prayed for it so much. they lived their lives striving for it. Envision yourself with the highest level of jannah...and now....work for it!

IbnAbdulHakim
09-14-2008, 02:07 PM
and whenever you supplicate, ask for the highest, jannatul firdaus

^ ehhh wat you laughing at ???

Musaafirah
09-14-2008, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
i cant find it

but the hadiths where the Prophet (Saw) says if you see someone better lookin then you, look at a person who you are better lookin then...
Hehe..nevere heard that one before..
Are you still lookin for hadiths sis Jolie?

Re.TiReD
09-14-2008, 02:13 PM
and whenever you supplicate, ask for the highest, jannatul firdaus

^ ehhh wat you laughing at ???
JazakAllah khayr, laughing because It'd be nice to have references :-[

We tend not to disobey Allah until we think nobody is watching us. If only we knew. the angels of Allah are watching us all the time writing everything we do. Our very body parts that we use to obey or disobey are watching us and will testify on the day of Repayment. The earth that we walk on will bear witness to whatever we did on it's back. There is a book that records everything small or large, that we do; if you read it you wud be amazed! And above all, Allah is watching. You are not alone
Several ayaat come to mind for this one...

Re.TiReD
09-14-2008, 02:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
Hehe..nevere heard that one before..
Are you still lookin for hadiths sis Jolie?
Yup I just gave the next one sis :D

Musaafirah
09-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Surah zilzal!
When the earth is shaken with its appointed tremor.

And the earth throws out its burdens.

And man says, “What has happened to it?”

On that day earth will narrate its news,

Because your Lord sent a command to it.

On that day men will return towards their Lord, in different groups, in order to be shown their deeds.
So whoever does a good deed equal to the weight of the minutest particle, will see it.

And whoever does an evil deed equal to the weight of the minutest particle, will see it.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-14-2008, 02:17 PM
i could give references, but then i'd be googling it up

i thought this was a quiz? ie tested on WHAT WE KNOW? lol

Musaafirah
09-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Eh?
I thought she wanted things to match wid the phrase? :?

Re.TiReD
09-14-2008, 02:22 PM
i could give references, but then i'd be googling it up

i thought this was a quiz? ie tested on WHAT WE KNOW? lol
Eh?
Yesh ^^

But if you give a reference it'd increase my 'Ilm too :-[

JazakAllah khayr sis Musaafir :D

IbnAbdulHakim
09-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Eh?
i think your right sis

it was my bad i think lol

well i guess i can start spamming google then :D

Re.TiReD
09-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Next:

If you lose hope you've already lost. the test of life is too hard for us to enter it wishy-washy. be confident, be strong and determined in seeking Allah's love, in seeking His paradise.

Z-Blade
09-14-2008, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
Next:

If you lose hope you've already lost. the test of life is too hard for us to enter it wishy-washy. be confident, be strong and determined in seeking Allah's love, in seeking His paradise.
:sl:,

Blah, that's more comprehensive and harder than the other ones, since more comes to mind :O, such as:

15:56
قَالَ وَمَن يَقْنَطُ مِن رَّحْمَةِ رَبِّهِ إِلاَّ الضَّآلُّونَ

[Abraham] said: "And who despairs of the Mercy of his Lord except those who are astray?"

12:87
يَا بَنِيَّ اذْهَبُواْ فَتَحَسَّسُواْ مِن يُوسُفَ وَأَخِيهِ وَلاَ تَيْأَسُواْ مِن رَّوْحِ اللّهِ إِنَّهُ لاَ يَيْأَسُ مِن رَّوْحِ اللّهِ إِلاَّ الْقَوْمُ الْكَافِرُونَ

"O my sons! Go you and enquire about Joseph and his brother, and never give up hope of Allah's Mercy. Certainly no one despairs of Allah's Mercy, except the people who disbelieve."

2:153
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ اسْتَعِينُواْ بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلاَةِ إِنَّ اللّهَ مَعَ الصَّابِرِينَ

O you who believe! Seek help in patience and the prayer. Truly! Allah is with the patient.

2:155
وَلَنَبْلُوَنَّكُمْ بِشَيْءٍ مِّنَ الْخَوفْ وَالْجُوعِ وَنَقْصٍ مِّنَ الأَمَوَالِ وَالأنفُسِ وَالثَّمَرَاتِ وَبَشِّرِ الصَّابِرِينَ

And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirin (the patient ones, etc.).

Sura التوبة aya 9 : 129
فَإِن تَوَلَّوْاْ فَقُلْ حَسْبِيَ اللّهُ لا إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ عَلَيْهِ تَوَكَّلْتُ وَهُوَ رَبُّ الْعَرْشِ الْعَظِيمِ

But if they turn away, say (O Muhammad): "Allah is sufficient for me. None has the right to be worshipped but He, in Him I put my trust and He is the Lord of the Mighty Throne."

Allah's Messenger, sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam, said:
"If Allah loves someone He calls (angel) Jibreel and says: I
love so-and-so, so you love him. Jibreel loves him, and calls
the other angels in Heaven to love that person. They love him,
then his love will be made upon earth, and he becomes loved.

"And if Allah hates someone He calls Jibreel and says: I hate
so-and-so and you hate him. Jibreel hates him and calls the
angels in Heaven and says: Allah hates so-and-so, so you all
hate him. They all hate him, and his hatred is made upon earth
and he becomes hated." - Muslim

[Lessons from this hadith] People do things for the sake of
seeking out love from other humans. All the love you need is
found in obeying Allah. Do actions sincerely to win Allah's
love, and love will be yours!

Anas, radhiallahu `anhu (r.a.), reported:

Messenger sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam (s.a.w) said:

When someone asks Allaah (three times) to let him into the Jannah, the
Jannah says: ‘O Allaah, let him into his Jannah?’ And when someone asks
Allaah (three times) to shelter him from the Fire, the Fire says: ‘O Allaah,
protect him from the Fire’.”

[At-Tirmidhee, an-Nasaa’ee, and al-Haakim; Saheeh al-Jaami` by al-Albaanee no. 6275]

There we go, a whole essay of Ayah and Hadith for that one paragraph :D. *Runs away*

Wassalam.

Z-Blade
09-14-2008, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
Next one insha'Allah:

If perfection is your goal, then you have the lowest standards! Why the lowest? Because perfection cannot be achieved by any human being. Perfection belongs to Allah alone. Thus if this is your standard, you will never achieve it...

Insha'Allah any hadeeth or aayah relating to perfection etc
I was looking for the hadith where Allah said if we did not sin and repent and were perfect, Allah would replace us with a creation that did sin and repent since Allah loves repentance. But I came across this hadith instead mashaAllah :O :

Look at the meaning of beseech. Adam left paradise and went to the earth. But he was upset that he had left paradise and left Allah's side. Listen to how Allah talks to Adam. "You used to come to meet me as a King entering the company of another king but now you come to Me as servant to his king and that is more beloved to Me". Adam If I was to stop you from ever committing sins then to whom would I grant My mercy, forgiveness and generosity."

"O Adam the remorse of the sinners is more beloved to Me than being glorified by the obedient ones. O Adam a sin with which you repent to me is Me is more beloved to me than a good deed you may do. O Adam don't be afraid when I say leave Paradise for I created it for you, but you will have to go to earth and work hard in it, work in the way of Allah and cultivate the land, and when you really long to come back, I will allow you to enter it. "

^Though there's no reference for it T_T. From here: http://www.daralislaamlive.com/index...sk=view&id=171

OK I found the other hadith:

1871. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "By the One in Whose Hand my soul is! If you do not commit sins, Allah would replace you with a people who would commit sins and seek forgiveness from Allah; and Allah will certainly forgive them.''
[Muslim].

Commentary: This Hadith does not mean that Allah likes disobedience. But by this way of description, the aim is to emphasize the importance of seeking forgiveness from Allah. We know that every man commits sins. But Allah likes those people who, after committing a sin, do not stick to it, but right away seek forgiveness for their sins from Allah. They weep and express sorrow before Allah. By seeking forgiveness, a relationship with Allah is established between man and his Creator. So seeking forgiveness is a very good act.

Anyway I think the Paragraph question is kind of stupid :o, since by seeking perfection we could mean seeking to be like the Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) since he was the perfect Muslim, and the Best of Creation, and we know that practice makes perfect... though we can never reach perfection we strive to be the best Muslim we can - and that would be perfection of ourselves. Allahu A'lam.

Wassalam.

Re.TiReD
09-14-2008, 05:41 PM
:ooh:

Wow JazakAllah khayr Akhee.

And if u think its stupid tell Sh.Muhammad al Shareef :-[

WassalamuAlaykum

Na7lah
09-15-2008, 05:57 PM
next: hope u don't mind sis

Do you know what happensto a car that has tires that arent balanced? The car crashes. Or at the very least, it cannot go anywhere very fast. The Arabic word for balance is 'Adl, also translated as justice! The purpose to this journal is not to take away from others their duties. Family, buisness, fitness, etc. In reality, when someone truly understands what ibadah means, they will realize that in everything noble that one does, there worship of Allah is found. Think ibadah as something bigger. And enjoy.

Re.TiReD
09-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Of course I dont mind sis :D

this is the aayah that comes to mind:

2:143 And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way

And the tafseer of that is:

Lit., "middlemost community"- i.e., a community that keeps an equitable balance between extremes and is realistic in its appreciation of man's nature and possibilities, rejecting both licentiousness and exaggerated asceticism. In tune with its oft-repeated call to moderation in every aspect of life, the Qur'an exhorts the believers not to place too great an emphasis on the physical and material aspects of their lives, but postulates, at the same time, that man's urges and desires relating to this "life of the flesh" are God-willed and, therefore, legitimate. On further analysis, the expression "a community of the middle way" might be said to summarize, as it were, the Islamic attitude towards the problem of man's existence as such: a denial of the view that there is an inherent conflict between the spirit and the flesh, and a bold affirmation of the natural, God-willed unity in this twofold aspect of human life. This balanced attitude, peculiar to Islam, flows directly from the concept of God's oneness and, hence, of the unity of purpose underlying all His creation: and thus, the mention of the "community of the middle way" at this place is a fitting introduction to the theme of the Ka`bah, a. symbol of God's oneness.(Quran Ref: 2:143 )

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!