/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Has islamic terminology become a culture for some?

`Yousef
09-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Asalam Alakum brothers and sisters :D.

I was thinking this morning, and I realised for some arabs... "has islamic terminology actually become a culture?".

Basiclly, When I was in egypt my dad had a big verbal arguement with my aunty... she said to him "Your khafer, and your kids are khafer".

In my head, I got the vibe... How can you make such a statement? Khafer isn't any old joke term... It means the non-believers... and personally I take that very seriously. Especially seeing as I pray everyday, 5 times Allhumdullah, and follow Islam.

This raised another serious question in my head... alot of arab movies/ programmes use Islamic terminology to...

They say stuff such as "Salah Ala Nabi" which to me... if used in a film... means like nothing, but it's a term thats meant to mean something. Pray on the Prophet to me is something that you say and mean it, as it is with all islamic terminology... is this because I live in the U.K.? I was bought up not knowing much about Islam, and allhumdullah now I am learning... I have a feeling I take it highly because to me it isn't everyday that I hear someone saying "Salah Ala Nabi" because to me, those are powerful words, and not a joke.

Post your theorys :thumbs_up.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
09-13-2008, 09:01 AM
:sl:

I can't really comment on he examples you mentioned, but it does seem that words such as inshaAllah, mashaAllah, alhamdulilah have become cultural more than anything for many people... I think it's something a lot of people fall into (myself included), sometimes you say the words without really thinking about what you're saying.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.