/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how do you explain.....?????

BintAbee
09-13-2008, 10:17 AM
:sl:
I need help in explaining to a christian that one does not have to pray through Jesus (a.s) to Allah. According to her, we, as humans are sinful so we cannot pray directly to Allah, therefore we have to pray via someone who is sinless like Jesus (a.s). So basically how do you convince her that this is not the case??

Jazakallah in advance. (I will read your replies though it shows that I am offline).

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
09-13-2008, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BintAbee
:sl:
I need help in explaining to a christian that one does not have to pray through Jesus (a.s) to Allah. According to her, we, as humans are sinful so we cannot pray directly to Allah, therefore we have to pray via someone who is sinless like Jesus (a.s). So basically how do you convince her that this is not the case??

Jazakallah in advance. (I will read your replies though it shows that I am offline).

:w:
Wa Alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullah,

Well first realise I'm not a scholar or a good student of knowledge so my answer is just how I owuld deal with this question if someone asked me in the street or something.

Point One ask her why she starts from this point of thinking. I mean, why does she assume that we cannot directly go to Our Creator and pray? I will assume that she thinks this way due to her Christian upbringing, which is something you should point out. I mean, she assumes the Christian understanding is right from the start.

I would, provide her with the Muslim understanding, i.e. that God can and does forgive our sins without having to go through other individuals, so clearly the 'reletionship' is between Almigyty God, Our Creator, and us the human beings. We speak to Him directly and He hears us, how beautiful.

Point Two ask her why then she believes in the Christian way over the Islamic way. To 'convince her' is not really your job, and different people would do it in different ways but I like speaking about the texts. For example, if she chooses the Christian understanding to be right then I would ask her why, and how she can trust works/books from sources which we know little about. We had a discussion on the importance of knowing the authors of a text and knowing whether it has been preserved and whether this has any bearing on whether a book/text could be from God. (I think it does) Anyhow check those links out of you wish, they're principle #1 & #2 in my sig.

And Allah Almighty and Most Merciful knows best. Wa Salamu Alaykum

Gator
09-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Hello BintAbee,
I usually don't post during Ramadan, but this was a very interesting post. I have a question. What type of Christian was she?
Thanks.

Tony
12-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Allah created us all equal with divine right to adress Him directly, Therefore there is no need to pray thru or to anyone other than Allah. As far as beleiving in partners To Allah I would point out the scientific proofs in the Quran and how b4 their time these proofs were when reveiled, then draw attention to "None has the right to be worshiped but Allah who has no partner". Then pray for them, Im no scholar but I am sure Allah will guide you if you ask. Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Follower
12-02-2008, 03:43 PM
This friend is a bit confused!! Christians can and do pray directly to GOD!!

Because of the gift of salvation from GOD through Jesus we can be in the presence GOD, go to heaven.

Tony
12-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Ok understand. I lived as a Christian some time ago and belonged to a communal baptist church well known in England, the thing is I know what youre saying God,Jesus are the same but then why make any seperation and say we have to pray thru Jesus, I never realy understood the sacrifice thing that Jesus was supposed to have taken on our sins, surely there is only one person accountable for individuals sins, and I still think that it is a removal of direct prayer, why would God direct prayers to a particular area of His being (Jesus) when God is the whole and not a sum of parts. Hope Im not just confusing matters even more. Peace and respect.

Gator
12-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Well, that's why I wanted to know the type of Christian it was.

All the denominations I am familiar with are basically Jesus and God are the same so their really is no mediation.

- Qatada -
12-02-2008, 08:42 PM
:salamext:

Say: Who gives you sustenance from the heaven and the earth? Or Who controls the hearing and the sight? And Who brings forth the living from the dead, and brings forth the dead from the living? And Who regulates the affairs? Then they will say: Allah/God. Say then: Will you not then guard (against evil)? [Quran 10:31]

010.018 They serve, besides Allah, things that hurt them not nor profit them, and they say: "These are our intercessors with Allah/God." Say: "Do ye indeed inform Allah of something He knows not, in the heavens or on earth?- Glory to Him! and far is He above the partners they ascribe (to Him)!"

Quran 039.003 Is it not to Allah that sincere devotion is due? But those who take for protectors other than Allah/God (say): "We only serve them in order that they may bring us nearer to Allah." Truly Allah will judge between them in that wherein they differ. But Allah guides not such as are false and ungrateful.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.