/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Clarification: If life is a test, why do babies die?

AntiKarateKid
09-14-2008, 07:59 PM
I could have sworn I got an answer ot this before but I have forgotten it since then.

Basically, if we are put on this earth to grow spiritually and be tested, why do babies die.

I know Allah is the Just. I jsut don't know about this topic.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
F0z14
09-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Interesting Q... id like to know the answer myself too. please correct me if i am wrong please, is it to test the babies parents? also the babies that die are blessed because they go straight to heaven?

Aisha20
09-14-2008, 09:32 PM
What an interesting topic!!
i 'd also like to know the answer..
as far as i know... the parents of the babys who die.. go to paradise.
i dnt know if i am in the truth.. but thats wht i have heard cuz on judgmnt day babys will ask Allah that on earth i wasnt able to be with my parents and i want to b with them atleast here... n cuz babys go to paradise.. their parents will also go there..
I AM NOT SURE IF THIS IS TRUE... IF I AM IN WRONG PLEASE CORRECT ME N MAY ALLAH FORGIVE ME!

crayon
09-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Oh dear moi, the millions of times this has been discussed...

Short answer:
"as a test for their parents. ie. this babie's purpose in life is to be a test to their parents".

Long answer:
I'm too lazy to write. Someone else would like to, be my guest.:p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
doorster
09-14-2008, 09:48 PM
edit

Hamayun
09-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Salam Alekum

I think the most appropriate answer would be Life and Death are upto Allah and beyond our understanding.

As for the "testing" I can see your point but cant convince myself on that.

doorster
09-14-2008, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
I could have sworn I got an answer ot this before but I have forgotten it since then.

Basically, if we are put on this earth to grow spiritually and be tested, why do babies die.

I know Allah is the Just. I just don't know about this topic.
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon

Short answer:
"as a test for their parents. ie. this babie's purpose in life is to be a test to their parents".
first of all do you believe that time of death for every person (whether its a baby or not) is fixed or a life can be cut short?

:w:

qassy!
09-14-2008, 10:25 PM
I was having this discussion with my friends mum, we came to a conclusion that it tests the women's ability to love Allah, because they can easily turn to hatred.

Hamayun
09-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Is it really true that Allah would take the life of a baby to test the mother? Or is it that Allah had a plan that we do not understand.

It probably is a test in some cases but all babies dying might not be a result of Allah testing the parent. I apologise if I am wrong so please feel free to correct me.

Snowflake
09-14-2008, 11:37 PM
asalam alaikum,

Life in general is a test.. and Allah says in the Holy Qur'an that He will test us in various ways.

in Surah Kahf where Khidr (RA) had been ordered by Allah to kill a young boy, Musa objected, and was ignorant of the wisdom of Allah subhana wa ta'ala behind the killing, just as we are ignorant about why things happen that we do not understand..

Q:18:74. Again, both of them set out, until when they met a boy he killed him, Musa said. 'Have you killed an innocent soul without his having killed another? Undoubtedly you have done a hideous thing'.
So why did Allah subhana wa ta'ala tell Khidr to kill the boy? The answer is in verses 80/81 when Khidr explains to Musa the meaning of which he (Musa) had no patience for...

Q:18:80: "As for the lad, his parents were believers and we feared lest he should oppress them by rebellion and disbelief."
(18:81) "And we intended that their Lord should change him for them for one better in purity and nearer to mercy."

Can you see the reason? It is our belief that Allah is the All-Knower and we trust His judgment in His will. Things happen that may not make sense to us, but as only Allah knows that thing may be the best for us in the long run. Whether Allah decides to take a baby's life to test the mother, or to save the mother from a would-be tyrant, it is all by Allah's will. And that's that, because Allah knows best.

جوري
09-14-2008, 11:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
asalam alaikum,

Life in general is a test.. and Allah says in the Holy Qur'an that He will test us in various ways.

in Surah Kahf where Khidr (RA) had been ordered by Allah to kill a young boy, Musa objected, and was ignorant of the wisdom of Allah subhana wa ta'ala behind the killing, just as we are ignorant about why things happen that we do not understand..

So why did Allah subhana wa ta'ala tell Khidr to kill the boy? The answer is in verses 80/81 when Khidr explains to Musa the meaning of which he (Musa) had no patience for...

Q:18:80: "As for the lad, his parents were believers and we feared lest he should oppress them by rebellion and disbelief."
(18:81) "And we intended that their Lord should change him for them for one better in purity and nearer to mercy."

Can you see the reason? It is our belief that Allah is the All-Knower and we trust His judgment in His will. Things happen that may not make sense to us, but as only Allah knows that thing may be the best for us in the long run. Whether Allah decides to take a baby's life to test the mother, or to save the mother from a would-be tyrant, it is all by Allah's will. And that's that, because Allah knows best.
Sobhan Allah I was about to use that example too, which was actually made into a movie, all in flashback, where a mother's child died of fever when he was 7 and she kept questioning why God, why this and why that.. then you have here again by his bedside praying and he recovers from his illness and see him through the years, he grows up to be a miserable criminal and gets sentenced to death for murder..

Anyhow regardless of the movie plot.. if you believe in the 2nd verse of suret Al-baqara, you'll have to concede that somethings are unknown to us and there is wisdom as to why Allah swt decrees one thing or the other..
perhaps indeed a generally good person would have been corrupted in time and dying young is a way for him to die on his fitrah, or maybe there is hardship for him in the future to be saved from, maybe it is a test for his parents, maybe a bazillion possibilities..

everything belongs to Allah and to him shall we return, there is no point in questioning why today, two weeks ago or three months from now.

Woodrow
09-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Just my own thoughts as I doubt if any living person has the whole answer,

Life is relevant. It can not be measured in years. A baby can live more in a year than some people live in 100 years. It is not the length of life that needs to be measured, it is the amount of life. I believe every person will live the full amount of life needed to satisfy our test of life.

doorster
09-15-2008, 12:00 AM
jazaakum Allah khairan for above 3 posts

So may I conclude/infer from above 3 that time of death can be brought forward meaning that a life can be cut short

wasalaam alaikum

Woodrow
09-15-2008, 12:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
jazaakum Allah khairan for above 3 posts

So may I conclude/infer from above 3 that time of death can be brought forward meaning that a life can be cut short

wasalaam alaikum

I do not know. I do believe that each person will be fully and fairly tested and will live long enough to either clearly pass or clearly fail that test. But, if a person can alter the time needed to complete the test, I personally doubt it, but I really do not know.

Woodrow
09-15-2008, 12:51 AM
It was pointed out to me that I need to clarify my above reply. As it is written it sounds like I believe in pre-destination, which I do not.

What I meant is Allaah(swt) knows the exact moment our death we occur. I do not believe we can alter that. However, that moment may not coincide with what Allaah(swt) is willing to allow us to complete our test so I have to say it does seem possible that a life can be ended, before a person utilized the time they could have had to complete their test on earth.

If that is not possible than there is no true free will and there is no sense or fairness for murder and suicide to be such grave sins. Just my opinion Astragfirullah

doorster
09-15-2008, 12:55 AM
^^ jazakaAllah khair brother! I understand what you are saying now wasalaam alaikum

AntiKarateKid
09-15-2008, 01:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
^^ jazakaAllah khair brother! I understand what you are saying now wasalaam alaikum

Just to add, I am extremely pleased that I am not the only one who wonders about such things. Sometimes I fear because the line between the questions of a kuffar and the questions of a believer is thin and blurry.

doorster
09-15-2008, 01:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
Just to add, I am extremely pleased that I am not the only one who wonders about such things. Sometimes I fear because the line between the questions of a kafar and the questions of a believer is thin and blurry.
:)
asking questions is the only way to learn and clarify things my brother

(they ask to mock and to cast doubt but you and I ask to be more confident and to remove any doubt)

Eric H
09-15-2008, 02:54 AM
Greetings and peace be with you AntiKarateKid;
Sometimes I fear because the line between the questions of a kuffar and the questions of a believer is thin and blurry.
Does the baby gain salvation if he dies before he declares he is a Muslim? Not all babies of believers grow up to believe. Some babies of non- believers become a Muslim later in life, what happens to the babies of non believers, do they gain salvation?

In the spirit of praying to a just and merciful God,

Eric

Woodrow
09-15-2008, 02:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you AntiKarateKid;

Does the baby gain salvation if he dies before he declares he is a Muslim? Not all babies of believers grow up to believe. Some babies of non- believers become a Muslim later in life, what happens to the babies of non believers, do they gain salvation?

In the spirit of praying to a just and merciful God,

Eric
Peace Eric, Just my opinion, Astragfirullah

since we believe all people are born Muslim, we believe all babies that die, die as Muslims and will gain salvation, if not immediately, in due time Inshallah

Eric H
09-15-2008, 04:21 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Woodrow, and thank you for your reply,

I believe people of most faiths would hope there is the chance of salvation for all babies that die, and this seems just and fair.
since we believe all people are born Muslim, we believe all babies that die, die as Muslims and will gain salvation, if not immediately, in due time Inshallah
God seems to work in mysterious ways, because babies at some point grow up to have all kinds of beliefs. At some point as we grow up, we start judging other people’s beliefs, and we seem to overlook the fact that we were all created by the same God.

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith friendship, despite all our differences.

Eric

------
09-16-2008, 09:42 AM
:salamext:

There is a hadith that if a baby dies and the parents are patient, the baby will plead with Allaah and will not stop until they will enter Jannah.

Eric H
09-16-2008, 06:59 PM
greetings and peace be with you Serene, aunty of LI, and to think we nearly lost you!

There is a hadith that if a baby dies and the parents are patient, the baby will plead with Allaah and will not stop until they will enter Jannah
Thank you for your helpful reply,

Eric

IbnAbdulHakim
09-16-2008, 07:19 PM
the amount of reasons babies die is innumerable

due to their predestiny
to test every single person attached to that baby
to spare a soul
to balance life

imagine babies never died, just imagine, like the worlds not overpopulated enough !

------
09-20-2008, 10:52 AM
:salamext:

^ That wasn't very, erm, comforting :(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.