/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How would you feel..

Lonely Gal
09-15-2008, 09:07 AM
if your Husband forgot your birthday/anniversary etc?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
09-15-2008, 09:22 AM
grateful... as I too have a poor memory of such dates ;D
my personal bday happens to bring me the blues as I have lost both my grandmother and aunt early December which is when it happens to fall, thus every year is a painful reminder....

take it easy sis.. shrug your shoulders and smile.. it is simply the human condition to be caught up..

:w:

Umar001
09-15-2008, 09:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lonely Gal
Would not bother me, I mean, if he was Muslim it definetly would not bother me. If he was non Muslim it wouldn't bother me much as long as our reletionship wwas good, because I don't think it is always easy to remember things.

gladTidings
09-15-2008, 09:36 AM
^ would be she in your case brother.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Musaafirah
09-15-2008, 10:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Would not bother me, I mean, if he was Muslim it definetly would not bother me. If he was non Muslim it wouldn't bother me much as long as our reletionship wwas good, because I don't think it is always easy to remember things.
Ahaha! you're post made me laugh..
Umm..I don't think I'd be bothered..as I'm the type to remember peoples b'days and stuff the day before and never on th day..
I don't know how that happens..but it happens year in year out..:muddlehea

IbnAbdulHakim
09-15-2008, 11:01 AM
^ its your gift :D

as for the question, i forget my own birthday, happened last month. My niece jumped me with the surprise though "uncle its your B;DAY!" i must say i do love surprises

Re.TiReD
09-15-2008, 11:05 AM
I wouldnt be too bothered tbh, a dude is a dude and they have fish memories anyway :D

But realistically...If I was a dude and had to support and maintain a fam and work etc etc I'd prolly forget my own b'day let alone somebody else's.

------
09-15-2008, 12:11 PM
:salamext:

It depends how long you've been married.

S_87
09-15-2008, 01:33 PM
i dont celebrate birthdays so i dont expect a gift or anything, but trust me, so long as i remember its my birthday, he wont forget.

bewildred
09-15-2008, 01:42 PM
Come on!!!!! They remember the date of every soccer match and frat/prom meeting and they dare foregtet your birthday??????? It's a very special day in a person's life. If your hubby doesn't celebrate it, who would? You should remind him in a very subtle way. Then make it clear for him that it is very important for you.

julie sarri
09-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Me and my husband don't celebrate birthdays or anniversaries only eid and you never forget that

Sahabiyaat
09-15-2008, 01:51 PM
they woud not see another bday :)

Sahabiyaat
09-15-2008, 02:04 PM
In all seriousness, it matters and it doesnt matter, if you really love someone, there is absolutely no way you can forget but at the same tym, some circumstances may cause you to forget, and you should be understanding of these circumstances although it may be hard.

When i turned 16, me and my family were going through alot of hardships, so much that my sixteenth bday passed by and no one realised, not even me!!! ( i know!) , it was only when i was checking the prayer time on the time table did i realise that it had been several days since my bday.

i was annoyed for a long tym :), but ah well. Allah tests us in different ways, so maybe this husband/wife is going thru a rough tym??, if they forget repeatedly, then u smack um :D lol.

'Abd-al Latif
09-15-2008, 02:14 PM
When the Prophet (saws) came to Madina and there were two days that people used to celebrate, he (saws) said:
Allah has given you instead of them what is better, they are the Feast of Sacrifice ('Eidul-Adha) and the Fast Break-Feast ('Eidul-Fitr).
(Ahmed 11945, An-Nasi (1555))
Hence, it is not permissible to exeed these two feats by inventing other feasts, such as birthdays and the like, as this is viewed as exceeding what is ordained by Allah. Such are viewed as matters innovated in religion, contradicting the Prophetic Sunnah and immitating the non-muslims. Such feasts are not among the practices of Islam, whether they are called feasts, commemorations, days, weeks, years etc,. rather they are considered among the practices of the people of the Pre-Islamic Period.

Lonely Gal
09-15-2008, 02:50 PM
but sayin happy birthday only is not harmful is it.. I know it is wrong to celebrate, but surely one can remember ... no???

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-15-2008, 03:04 PM
Did the Prophet (pbuh) keep a fast on his birthday? and do extra ibadah?

Brother_Mujahid
09-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Haha then you prolly don't appreciate the actually marriage.

Every day of married life should be special not just one day in the yr, Afterall you are married for everyday of the yr and hopefully the rest of your lives!

crayon
09-15-2008, 03:42 PM
If he remembered it would be nice, but if he forgot it wouldn't bother me..
And even if he remembered, we wouldn't celebrate it, it would just be something like "oh, it's your birthday today isn't it, you're a year older, cool".

I'm horrible with remembering birthdays, I only know mine, my best friends, and my brothers & parents.

qassy!
09-15-2008, 06:48 PM
if my wife forgot, i wouldn't care because its all a money making scheme for the industry, its all hyped just because retail stores making a few ££....watch you'll see valentines day advertised within stores this year because there struggling so badly!

Afifa
09-15-2008, 08:38 PM
If he didnt remember then :raging::Evil: muuahhhaaaa and then :thankyou: to him :giggling:
on a mre serious note
i woudn't really mind nd if he did forget id just tell him. :)

Sahabiyaat
09-16-2008, 12:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
If he remembered it would be nice, but if he forgot it wouldn't bother me..
And even if he remembered, we wouldn't celebrate it, it would just be something like "oh, it's your birthday today isn't it, you're a year older, cool".
exactly the same here, cept for the bothered bit, i'd be a tiny bit bothered :X and i'd buy myself a cake and eat it all, and when he asks for sum, ill say 'oh im so sorry, i FORGOT to give you sum' :okay::D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-16-2008, 02:40 PM
yeah, the wife can keep saying she forgot every time the husband asks for something and he wont forget next time.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.