/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Creation.

jackb
09-15-2008, 07:32 PM
I asked in the introduce yourself thread about the creation story in the Koran.
Someone kindly gave me a link to i think ...refutations which had loads of stuff in there but ...when i'm there i can't post for some reason so ...i'll ask here.
I noticed in that thread the word mythology quite a lot.
My question is do Muslims believe in creation or charles Darwin kind of stuff.
Thankyou.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Brother_Mujahid
09-15-2008, 07:38 PM
haha sounds like you've been reading the bbc discussion on the mentioned topic :)

Islams view on the creation story has similarities with that of christianity. ill try finding a bit more on the topic and sharing it if i find something.

Hamayun
09-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Salaam Alekum Brother

The Quran seems to support the "Big Bang" theory. The Quran also seems to support almost all the scientific discoveries apart from the one where we evolved from monkeys.

There is no evidence to prove that and there are no Fossils of the stages between monkey and man. The human fossils seem to have appeared suddenly.

Here are some brilliant videos and articles about Islam and Darwinism. http://www.harunyahya.com/en.m_categorie_76.php

Salam (Peace)

jackb
09-15-2008, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
haha sounds like you've been reading the bbc discussion on the mentioned topic :)

Islams view on the creation story has similarities with that of christianity. ill try finding a bit more on the topic and sharing it if i find something.
No i haven't seen the BBC thing i don't think.
Thanks and i look forward to your info.
Can i ask ...what do you believe?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jackb
09-15-2008, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamayun
Salaam Alekum Brother

The Quran seems to support the "Big Bang" theory. The Quran also seems to support almost all the scientific discoveries apart from the one where we evolved from monkeys.

There is no evidence to prove that and there are no Fossils of the stages between monkey and man. The human fossils seem to have appeared suddenly.

Here are some brilliant videos and articles about Islam and Darwinism. http://www.harunyahya.com/en.m_categorie_76.php

Salam (Peace)
Thanx ...i don't believe the evolution story either.

chacha_jalebi
09-15-2008, 10:04 PM
now now, we closed the comparitive religion/ debate section for a reason! inshallah after ramadan the comparitive religion sections will be open, so we can all have a cuppa and discuss then, but for now

:threadclo

how are my thread closin skills :p hit that green button lemme know

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.