/* */

PDA

View Full Version : issit haram if thers no instruments????

truemuslim
09-15-2008, 08:09 PM
assalamu alaikum
would music be haram if it has no music in it? just the voice? and the words? human only. ?
and the lyrics aint badd?
wont make it haram right?

thank u
wassalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
qassy!
09-15-2008, 08:11 PM
salam

I have no idea, the same way I have no idea if music is haram......

truemuslim
09-15-2008, 08:24 PM
well i kno music is haram, but in them scholar thangs and hadiths things and all, it says that music is haram coz the instruments, and the bad lyrics...buuut , music wit instruments and good lyrics - the instruments = yu gots yo self a perfectly pure gangsta song (yeh thers a such thing!!) wit no bad lyrics or instruments!

btw i jus want answers so nobody be goin and sayin things like "u shudnt be listenin to music in ramadan, thers no point, etc etc" kk :)

IbnAbdulHakim
09-15-2008, 08:26 PM
[MAD]ask a scholar

[/MAD]

:threadclo

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crayon
09-15-2008, 08:27 PM
As far as I know, it is the instruments and bad lyrics that are considered haram, so if you're just singing something with normal words, it should be acceptable inshallah. And Allah knows best.

Umar001
09-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Well if the woman's voice is beautified as it normally is in singing then would be be halal for other than her husband?

crayon
09-15-2008, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Well if the woman's voice is beautified as it normally is in singing then would be be halal for other than her husband?
Ahh, true, I forgot about that.:thumbs_up
No, I don't think it would be halal.

Again though, i'm not a scholar, try asking one, truemuslim.

chacha_jalebi
09-15-2008, 10:29 PM
i think what is bein said is important aswell, like if the man is singin about a gal then our survey says NO :D

but like if the lyrics are poetry and halaal, like sheikh ibn al qayyims (rahimallah) meetin with Allah (Swt), that is always sang and stuff, and many of his other works are kinda of sang, so like if its poetry type halaal thins, then it should be fine, but Allah hu alim

truemuslim
09-15-2008, 10:59 PM
lol yhh i totally kno like 50 scholars around my hood yo, ima ask one of them. (Not Really)

IbnAbdulHakim
09-15-2008, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
lol yhh i totally kno like 50 scholars around my hood yo, ima ask one of them. (Not Really)
yeh true cant find a scholar so lets go fatwa shopping, shoppings fun innit :D [MAD]not really[/MAD]

truemuslim
09-15-2008, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
yeh true cant find a scholar so lets go fatwa shopping, shoppings fun innit :D [mad]not really[/mad]

yah yur right. lemme jus continue wit my gangsta role and unpause what i were peacefully listenin to right?
(REALLY!) btw if u is mad jus use this :D hides ur anger. trust me. :D

IbnAbdulHakim
09-15-2008, 11:14 PM
yah yur right. lemme jus continue wit my gangsta role and unpause what i were peacefully listenin to right?
(REALLY!) btw if u is mad jus use this :D hides ur anger. trust me. :D
i aint mad lol :p

you dont need to listen to your gangsta stuff though

unless you got this seriously unwiltering almost psychotic urge to always listen or you'll simply go CRAZY!.... :| you dont have that do you?

is it boredom? boredomes the reason for 99% sins i reckon,

well sis i kno u can find a million things on that youtube to check out

well hope Allaah helps you out sis, musics not the only way out

truemuslim
09-15-2008, 11:21 PM
i aint mad lol :p

you dont need to listen to your gangsta stuff though

unless you got this seriously unwiltering almost psychotic urge to always listen or you'll simply go CRAZY!.... :| you dont have that do you?

is it boredom? boredomes the reason for 99% sins i reckon,

well sis i kno u can find a million things on that youtube to check out

well hope Allaah helps you out sis, musics not the only way out
oh :-[
wow... i have never ever been able to put my music addiction in that amazingly perfect way! now i jus gotta look up half those words but still thats perfect. yes i do have to! why? because i got a *copy pastes wat u said*
mayb. coz im pretty sure im bored, see i cant think, like CANT THINK when i read a book or write a report or something if something good aint playin. i seriously tested it, i wrote an essay with listenin and an essay without, got an A with listening and a D without listening. i was like, dam!
i can barely watch lectures, they take like two hours till they get to the point, just like algebra class, thats what happens when u gotta 90 yr old teacher!
but what would make it haram? this time opinions, screw shopping, mall is closed!(its past 5pm!!)
im just desperate so please if anyone of u peoples is about to lose ur anger at my crappy hilariusly horrible dumb questions, please hold it (bcuz i have an URGE to fight back...tis an american thang) :)

IbnAbdulHakim
09-15-2008, 11:27 PM
oh :-[
wow... i have never ever been able to put my music addiction in that amazingly perfect way! now i jus gotta look up half those words but still thats perfect. yes i do have to! why? because i got a *copy pastes wat u said*
mayb. coz im pretty sure im bored, see i cant think, like CANT THINK when i read a book or write a report or something if something good aint playin. i seriously tested it, i wrote an essay with listenin and an essay without, got an A with listening and a D without listening. i was like, dam!
i can barely watch lectures, they take like two hours till they get to the point, just like algebra class, thats what happens when u gotta 90 yr old teacher!
but what would make it haram? this time opinions, screw shopping, mall is closed!(its past 5pm!!)
im just desperate so please if anyone of u peoples is about to lose ur anger at my crappy hilariusly horrible dumb questions, please hold it (bcuz i have an URGE to fight back...tis an american thang) :) hek you probably are much better then most of us..

i use to have the same problem as you

when i was in school i did all my gcse revision with music in the background, in college i studied with music in the background. it old my mum exactly the same excuse as you, i use to have an earphone pumpin my tunes every second

den dad died and i read Quran 1 week non-stop.. i mean NON-sTOP! like the first and last thing on my mind was reading more Quran... and then that urge just went.

i dont know what your cure is sis, all i know is your goin thru a rough patch right now, i'll make dua...

listen im gnna ask something seriously
try respecting islaam and its rulings a bit more... like when you KNOW the rulings try to stick to it,... dont fatwa shop and stuff

and when you do sin, admit it to be a huge sin, dont try justify it

at least this way you'll be the best of sinners, those who repent... and that'll make you MUUUCH better then most of us :)

truemuslim
09-15-2008, 11:35 PM
i use to have the same problem as you

when i was in school i did all my gcse revision with music in the background, in college i studied with music in the background. it old my mum exactly the same excuse as you, i use to have an earphone pumpin my tunes every second

den dad died and i read Quran 1 week non-stop.. i mean NON-sTOP! like the first and last thing on my mind was reading more Quran... and then that urge just went.

i dont know what your cure is sis, all i know is your goin thru a rough patch right now, i'll make dua...

listen im gnna ask something seriously
try respecting islaam and its rulings a bit more... like when you KNOW the rulings try to stick to it,... dont fatwa shop and stuff

and when you do sin, admit it to be a huge sin, dont try justify it

at least this way you'll be the best of sinners, those who repent... and that'll make you MUUUCH better then most of us :)
yeh u sound like me (but a very religious changing version)

i do respect islam, and its rulings, when i asked about music back a while, i didnt KNOW or was Positive about it, but now i am, jus a bit hard following it. i guess breaking rules is in my blud :raging: I only ask things if im NOT positive or dont know about it being haram or notin. ya kno.

well i would say "dam i jus sinned again" but thats it.

Jazakalah khair bro.
:)

btw in the beginning i asked for no lectures about why i shud quit music. reason was not because i wont take advice its more like i cant take advice, i have a shaytan shield over me so foget it. :D

IbnAbdulHakim
09-15-2008, 11:42 PM
i didnt giv you no lecture, i spoke to you directly from experience, kinda like a 1-2-1 convo, a lectures when you dont allow much feedback

i got a suggestion for quittin music but im guessing you dont want it?

truemuslim
09-15-2008, 11:44 PM
i didnt giv you no lecture, i spoke to you directly from experience, kinda like a 1-2-1 convo, a lectures when you dont allow much feedback

i got a suggestion for quittin music but im guessing you dont want it?
i kno u didnt gimme a lecture but i kno ther would be a bunch of people pouring with mile long posts i cant read unless i get graded on it. :)

see when u TELL me u gotta suggestion i cant resist...jus this ... :-[ :D

IbnAbdulHakim
09-15-2008, 11:47 PM
huh :S should i give the suggestion? something i did is to try singing LOL [MAD]im not kidding[/MAD]

try beautifying your voice and singing halal stuff, its fun, it gets rid of boredom to an extent and if you sing praises like (laa ilaaha illallaah or other typsa dhikr) then u can feel your heart changing.

i gave the suggestion!!

.: Jannati :.
09-15-2008, 11:57 PM
:salamext:,

I think in a logical sense, it would depend on the content of the lyrics? If they're not Islamic or anything of the sort, then why would you want to listen to something that wouldn't benefit you and your Akhirah? that time could easily be utilized listening to something more beneficial? like a lecture/talk or even Naseehah...

Wa'Allahu Alam.

Najm
09-16-2008, 01:07 AM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Its not just the instruments but also the lyrics. you can have any pop singer doing just instrumentals etc. Regarding instruments, some scholars says beats are ok, and some say just drums. I believe if you doubt something then its better not to do it. Hence i dont even listen to beats.

Oh just like to point out, maybe its a teenage thing that we blast the music during homework, revision, and even through college, as well as trying to learn all the lyrics to all your favourite songs. <<< Yep i did all that!!! What a regret it was!!! When you look back you realise what a waste of time it was!!! And the fact that music is harram!!! Nevertheless, deleting all my music off the computer( and there was 1000's), it was a depressing but a great turning point!!!

Now that i have gone away from music Alhamdulillah, i have replaced these with listening to the Qur'an, nasheeds with no beats, and a lot of islamic lectures, that way it'll always be benefitting me.

And finally id like to point out this particular Hadith....

The Prophet (Salalahu Alayhi WaSalam) said, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. " [Al-Bukhari Volume 7, Book 69, Number 494v].

InshaAllah this post will help :rollseyes

FiAmaaniAllah

------
09-16-2008, 09:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
salam

I have no idea, the same way I have no idea if music is haram......
yeh u do have an idea

u asked this question so many times before. why do u insist on slipping down into gangster lifestyle again? subhanAllaah you were doing so well...:skeleton:

------
09-16-2008, 09:53 AM
:salamext:

IbnAbdulHakim's got a good suggestion - if you can sing! :skeleton:

Lol if you know the lyrics to some songs or whatever, try humming/singing them in tune with what you listen to, and you'lll find you won't need to listen to the song because ur singing it and listening to it without music! :D

truemuslim
09-16-2008, 04:46 PM
lol i kno people! i sayd if they dont say anything bad. like they talkin bout kwl thangs man! i aint talkin bout if the lyrics are good i said if the lyrics ARE good. nah they aint islamic but they aint haram either!

jazakumallah khairan for ur replies :D

format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -
:salamext:

IbnAbdulHakim's got a good suggestion - if you can sing! :skeleton:

Lol if you know the lyrics to some songs or whatever, try humming/singing them in tune with what you listen to, and you'lll find you won't need to listen to the song because ur singing it and listening to it without music! :D
lol ok lets move that whole idea out coz i do sing/rap all the time but cmon whats thugz mansion without beat ??
besides that was pretty much my question, lol. i asked if its halal with normal lyrics and no instruments, just like me singing it! so i take it fine since u just suggested it
jazakallah khair
thank u
peace!

IbnAbdulHakim
09-16-2008, 04:57 PM
^ singing tupac without the beats is haram coz his one foul mouthed piece o....

truemuslim
09-16-2008, 04:59 PM
^ singing tupac without the beats is haram coz his one foul mouthed piece o....
dam if u were in america u woulda gettin ur a** whuped by now! sshhh! u like them xxx!(u dunt want the bludz witcha man!) besides have u heard his good songs? also have u ever heard the CLEAN VERSION on any songs of his? yhhh . :D

IbnAbdulHakim
09-16-2008, 05:03 PM
dam if u were in america u woulda gettin ur a** whuped by now! sshhh! u like them xxx!(u dunt want the bludz witcha man!) besides have u heard his good songs? also have u ever heard the CLEAN VERSION on any songs of his? yhhh . :D
ur listening to some tunes right now arent you? i can tell by the way your typing :| !

noorseeker
09-16-2008, 05:24 PM
go on you tube and listen to mutah beale or napoleon as he is known, you know tupacs bedrin, YEs TUPAC, everyones hero, if he's bedrin is sayin gangster life is haram,and he's lived that life , then he's in a good position to tell us its haram.

truly inspiring talker mashallah

truemuslim
09-16-2008, 05:31 PM
ur listening to some tunes right now arent you? i can tell by the way your typing :| !
wow. thats scary. and actually im listening to something good. nothing bad. well yeh bad beat, but the lyrics are sickkkkly clean! (its not tupac)

format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
go on you tube and listen to mutah beale or napoleon as he is known, you know tupacs bedrin, YEs TUPAC, everyones hero, if he's bedrin is sayin gangster life is haram,and he's lived that life , then he's in a good position to tell us its haram.

truly inspiring talker mashallah
wow...the outlawz guys??? noway...wow...
jazakallah khair but no talker talks me outta anything. :-[ mayb inspire but nothing more, no action just thinking.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.