/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm Lost

isa__
09-17-2008, 03:25 AM
I'm a Singapore born Arab. My family line are all Arabs who are very pious and practising Muslims. All of them, except me. I've been too Westernised. Most of my friend are not Muslim and those who are a Muslim - they don't practise.

I used to consume alcoholic beverages to the point I get drunk, I go to night clubs, I loved the company of Women though I've always drawn the line and never had sex, I don't pray, it's the Ramadhan now and I'm not fasting.

The only vice I have left behind is the drinking. I haven't consumed alcoholic beverages for months now.

Recently, I've been watching videos on YouTube where many Europeans, Americans, Asians are converting to Islam and I feel really ashamed and disappointed with myself. But, I really don't know how to bring myself back to the religion. After all these years, I have strayed so far away from Islam.

I need help. How do I go back. Do I have to recite the shahada again? What do I have to do?

Ever since I drifted away from Islam, my life has been a total mess. I'm 21, and the mess I am in is bound to drive me insane soon. I need my religion back. Help me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Na7lah
09-17-2008, 03:46 AM
subhanallah, i'll make dua for you brother, inshallah someone can give you some good advice

BNDGR
09-17-2008, 03:55 AM
Asalam alaikum brother,
I am a revert so don't have clear advice to give you, just when I read what you wrote, I could hear your despair and sincerity in wanting to find your way back to Islam.
InshAllah you will be guided and given the strength to find your way back.
Allah is so merciful.
I will make dua for you also..

جوري
09-17-2008, 04:11 AM
there is no quick fix--
how about you listen to this recitation first
Media Tags are no longer supported

and then go make ablution--
make isha prayer, then tarawee7.
then wake up for sihoor, eat, take a shower, make fajr prayer and during raka3a pledge your liege to Allah SWT ask him to set things aright in your lif and fast the day?

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
YusufNoor
09-17-2008, 04:34 AM
:sl:

Mufti Menk helps me set things straight. check out this lecture[video] from the 1st night of Ramadhan last year:

http://www.nazirakoob.com/menk/Tafseer2007Video.html

also, his Tafseer lectures[audio] after Taraweeh are very inspiring and address alot of the issues that you have:

http://www.muftimenk.co.za/Downloads.html

they should, In Sha'a Allah, put some Iman in your heart.

May Allah[swt] guide you and make it easy on you!

:w:

ps: and try to replace the{alluring] image you have of the night clubs with the image of the Masajids!

coddles76
09-17-2008, 05:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by isa__
I'm a Singapore born Arab. My family line are all Arabs who are very pious and practising Muslims. All of them, except me. I've been too Westernised. Most of my friend are not Muslim and those who are a Muslim - they don't practise.

I used to consume alcoholic beverages to the point I get drunk, I go to night clubs, I loved the company of Women though I've always drawn the line and never had sex, I don't pray, it's the Ramadhan now and I'm not fasting.

The only vice I have left behind is the drinking. I haven't consumed alcoholic beverages for months now.

Recently, I've been watching videos on YouTube where many Europeans, Americans, Asians are converting to Islam and I feel really ashamed and disappointed with myself. But, I really don't know how to bring myself back to the religion. After all these years, I have strayed so far away from Islam.

I need help. How do I go back. Do I have to recite the shahada again? What do I have to do?

Ever since I drifted away from Islam, my life has been a total mess. I'm 21, and the mess I am in is bound to drive me insane soon. I need my religion back. Help me.
Asalam Alykum,

Brother you have already started your return back to the Deen of islam by feeling ashamed of what you have done. That is the first step, next you must repent to Allah SWT and never fall back into thise Sins again. Continue Asking Allah SWT for forgiveness and guidence as Allah SWT is the All Merciful and all you need is to give a Hand for Allah SWt to give you a arm. Increase your Knowledge in Islam, Knowledge is power and when you have knowledge, InshAllah with the will of Allah SWT your Iman will grow aswell.
I pray that Allah SWT will guide you back to the straight path and forgive you and all of us our sins.

Amat Allah
09-17-2008, 05:37 AM
Asalamo Alikom wa Rahmato Allahi Wa Barakatoh

[53] Say: "O 'Ibâdî (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh: verily, Allâh forgives all sins. Truly He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

Az Zomar

On the authority of Anas (radiAllaahu anhu) who said : I heard the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) say :
Allaah the Almighty has said : O Son of Aadam, as long as you invoke Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O Son of Aadam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and you then asked forgiveness from Me, I would forgive you. O Son of Aadam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the Earth, and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it [too].
It was related by at-Tirmidhee, who said that it was a Hasan hadeeth.

From Abu Ayyoob (radiAllaahu anhu), when he was on his death-bed, that he said:
"Until now I have hidden from you something that I heard from the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam). I heard him say: 'If you did not commit sins then Allaah would create a new Creation who would then commit sins [and repent], so He would forgive them'".

look my dear brother the doors of repentance are opened for each person in this world no matter who is this person where he is and what he did ...

return to your Lord right away and don`t wait for a second return to Allah the Most Compasionate the Most Mercifull with out hasitating...Allah is waiting for you to upraise your hands to him calling for his help support and guidance and believe me you will never regret ever cause when you walk to Allah, Allah runs to you...

Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said: "Allah, the Exalted, will continue to stretch out His Hand in the night so that the sinners of the day may repent, and continue to stretch His Hand in the daytime so that the sinners of the night may repent, until the sun rises from the west".
[Muslim].

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "He who repents before the sun rises from the west, Allah will forgive him".
[Muslim].

and when you sin and repent to Allah you will be loved from him , even if we are sinfull it is out of Allah`s Love and Mercy that He makes us realise that we are sinfull and we need to change.

and when you repent sincerely to Allah all your sins will be erased from Allah to help you to live a new life ....

everyone is sinning in this world and no one is impeccable my brother ,we are not perfect but this sentence (we are not perfect) should encourage us to work harder and harder to please our Lord Allah more and more...

“And verily, I am indeed forgiving to him who repents, believes (in My Oneness, and associates none in worship with Me) and does righteous good deeds, and then remains constant in doing them (till his death)”
[Ta-Ha 20:82]

“And He it is Who accepts repentance from His slaves, and forgives sins, and He knows what you do”
[al-Shoora 42:25]

“and My Mercy embraces all things. That (Mercy) I shall ordain for those who are the Muttaqoon (the pious), and give Zakaah; and those who believe in Our Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs and revelations, etc.)”
[al-A’raaf 7:156]

In Saheeh al-Bukhaari (7554) and Saheeh Muslim (2751) it is narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah wrote down a decree before He created the universe: ‘My mercy prevails over My wrath.’”

see Allah is Mercifull to us ,we just need to return to him thats it and I am really sure that you will be an amazing good man my brother and you will shine like the sun to light the way for the others...Ya Rabb Ameeeeeeen

you will be just fine just fine....and by the way you are not lost at all you just found your way to Allah so keep on walking to him and you will find happiness...

praise be to Allah and peace and blessings of Allah be upon the last of the prophets and messangers Muhammad (salla Allaho Alyhi wa sallam)

may Allah guide you ,love you ,fill your heart with happiness ,satisfaction,warmth,love ,peace and the most important of his rememberance and may Allah protect you from all harms,sins,shaitan and hellfire and make you pass the seraat as an eye blink to enter the highest levels of paradise with out being reckoning with Rasool Allah (salla Allaho Alyhi Wa Sallam )and his Sahaba( may Allah be pleased with them) to see Allah`s Al Mighty face and to sit with his prophets and angels Alyhom asalam eating from the fruit of Jannat Al ferdaws..

praise be to Allah and peace and blessings of Allah be upon the last of the prophets and messangers Muhammad (salla Allaho Alyhi wa sallam)

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen:statisfie

read this my brother..

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/hadeeth/riyad/00/chap002.htm

http://www.islaam.net/main/display.php?id=204&category=24

Snowflake
09-17-2008, 06:38 AM
asalam alaikum

You have made the intention and Allah is sure you help you inshaAllah. Making tawbah is a good way to start since the lack of it creates a barrier between acceptance of duaas.

Be sincere in your repentance and acknowledge that you have wronged yourself and will not return to commiting those sins again. Allah loves those who repent after their sins and He is the best of Forgivers.

What better Book than al-Furqaan (The Criterion of Right and Wrong) to set you on the right Path? Read the Quran and understand it's message. Ask what you don't understand. Learn about the life of the Prophet (PBUH), his companions and the Khalifs. Listen to islamic lectures to boost your imaan. Understanding will make it easy to act upon. InshaAllah.

Knowledge (that is acted upon) is the key brother. May Allah ta'ala make it beneficial for you and others. Ameen.

Tanya Khan
09-17-2008, 08:15 AM
Also, it's Ramadan, there is no better time to ask for forgiveness. :)

Don't forget, you can also go the extra mile and wake up for Tahajjud prayer (last third of the night) and ask Allah (SWT) for anything.

Duas never go unanswered, remember that. :)

Hamayun
09-17-2008, 10:19 AM
Salam Alekum Brother,

Masha'Allah. Welcome to the forum.

I have been there myself. Allah guides who he wishes. This proves that deep down you are a very noble person.

It is a lot easier than you think.

One small change every day and before you know it you will be feeling a lot happier in general. You will feel an inner peace and contentment.

This is the month of Ramadhan with great rewards. Start fasting tomorrow and see how you feel.

Peace.

isa__
09-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Thank you for all your kind words and support. I appreciate them. Today, though I did not fast, I sat down with my family who was breaking their fast. I couldn't help but feel guilty being the only one amongst the whole family who isn't fasting. I quickly finished up my food and went ahead to do my maghrib prayers.

I've made my up mind. I will fast tomorrow. I will wake up at 4am to have a light meal and fast from then till the sun sets at maghrib.

Inshaallah

Amat Allah
09-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Mashaa Allah

may Allah love you my brother and keep you on the right path,the path of Paradise..

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

keep going my brother and we are here with you with our Duaa and care after Allah of course...

whenever you need something please ask and never shy .we are here brothers and sisters and we will help you by Allah`s willing ...just don`t worry you are strong enough to be able to strength your Iman and your connection to Allah to be the best ever....

I am happy really happy for you may Allah reward you with Al Ferdaws Ameeeeeeen:statisfie

coddles76
09-18-2008, 12:33 AM
Thank you for all your kind words and support. I appreciate them. Today, though I did not fast, I sat down with my family who was breaking their fast. I couldn't help but feel guilty being the only one amongst the whole family who isn't fasting. I quickly finished up my food and went ahead to do my maghrib prayers.

I've made my up mind. I will fast tomorrow. I will wake up at 4am to have a light meal and fast from then till the sun sets at maghrib.

Inshaallah
And May Allah SWT reward you for your fast. I hope you may gain the beauty that ramadaan can bring. Let us know how you go......

Tanya Khan
09-18-2008, 08:30 AM

Inshaallah

Are you fasting today? :)

isa__
09-18-2008, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tanya Khan

Are you fasting today? :)
Yes! I fasted today and it wasn't so hard after all. I did my prayers and asked for God to guide me in the right path as well as for a few other personal issues.

I have a question. I had a sister. She passed away in mid 2003. I haven't been offering any prayers for her. The only thing I do is to visit her at the cemetery once a year during Eid-ul-Fitr and recite for her the yaseen.

How do I offer prayers for her?

I have dreamt of her quite a number of times. In every dream, she seems to not recognise me. My Mother once told me that when you dream of someone whom have passed away, your roh(spirit) is actually meeting that person.

BNDGR
09-19-2008, 05:06 AM
MashaAllah that is great bro...
InshAllah you will be able to continue to fast and pray and you will feel and experience the difference it makes!
I'm sorry for the loss of your sister, inshAllah you will be given some good advice regarding your questions.

Tanya Khan
09-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Yes! I fasted today and it wasn't so hard after all. I did my prayers and asked for God to guide me in the right path as well as for a few other personal issues.

I have a question. I had a sister. She passed away in mid 2003. I haven't been offering any prayers for her. The only thing I do is to visit her at the cemetery once a year during Eid-ul-Fitr and recite for her the yaseen.

How do I offer prayers for her?

I have dreamt of her quite a number of times. In every dream, she seems to not recognise me. My Mother once told me that when you dream of someone whom have passed away, your roh(spirit) is actually meeting that person.
I'm not sure myself, on that one. Although I know Surah Yaseen is supposed to be really good.

Sorry I couldn't help you much.

Amat Allah
09-20-2008, 05:09 AM
Asalamo Alikom Wa Rahmato Allahi Wa Barakatoh

thats great mashaa Allah my brother may Allah light your way to Al Jannah Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeen

and about your sister may Allah mercy her and make her grave one of paradise`s gardens Ameeeeeeen

It is not the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or the way of his rightly-guided successors (the Khulafaa’ al-Raashideen – may Allaah be pleased with them) to read Qur’aan over graves and According to the saheeh ahaadeeth, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained the things that will benefit the Muslim after he dies. our prophet Muhammad salla Allaho Alyhi wa sallam said:

“When a man dies, all his good deeds come to a halt, apart from three: ongoing charity (sadaqah jaariyah); beneficial knowledge; or a righteous child who will pray for him.” (Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh). A man asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “O Messenger of Allaah, is there anything that I can do to continue honouring my parents after they die?” He (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Yes: pray for them, ask for forgiveness for them, fulfil their last wishes (wasiyah or will), honour their friends and uphold the ties of kinship which you would not have were it not for them.”

The last wishes (wasiyah or will) expressed by the person before he or she died should be fulfilled so long as they are in accordance with sharee’ah. Other ways of honouring one’s parents is to give in charity on their behalf, to make du’aa’ for them and to perform Hajj and ‘Umrah on their behalf. And Allaah is the Source of strength.

and you can do the same for your sister my brother .....
And Allah knows best

source http://islamqa.com/en/ref/9979/الميت

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.