/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My friend gt chuckd out for plagarism :(

Sahabiyaat
09-17-2008, 04:34 PM
:w:

me not in a happy mood *sigh*

my good friend gt dun for plagarism and ive just cum back from the interview which i went with her, for moral support and also being student rep, shes a bit shy and so i did most of the talking for her but i couldnt bail her out and i feel like crap because shes not gt enuf credz to carry on and now shes going to another uni.

and on the drive back home, i was like 'oh remember we did this here, and we did that there' and i think i almost made her cry :cry:

sorry im ranting, i hope we can all make Dua for her that she be's successful, and that Allah replace me with an even better friend InshaAllah. She was a really supportive friend :cry::cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
09-17-2008, 04:37 PM
why wud u reminisce in suc a situation :|

but sis everythings for the best, getting chucked out aint the worst thing :)

Sahabiyaat
09-17-2008, 04:40 PM
lol i dont know...i guess i was trying to cheer her up, but i was just upsetting her, its bad for me, because i was trying to move away from sum bad friends,who were starting to change and become a bad influence, and she was good support, and now shes gone.....I wonder what Allah has in store for me this year!!!!! :blind:

IbnAbdulHakim
09-17-2008, 04:44 PM
^ make friends wiv the librarian, they're usually such lovely people :D .... not :-\

or as my bro wud say, College is for studying not for having a life !!!! ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sahabiyaat
09-17-2008, 04:48 PM
lol

librarians are busy ppl :D

its not about boo hoo i dont have any friends, on the contrary!, i want to get rid of some!! esp after listening to this audio lecture about having the right friends. (why am i such a freak magnet, why do i ALWAYS attract the wrong sort of friends!!!!!)

whyyyy, whyyy does my friends have to leave now :enough!:

IbnAbdulHakim
09-17-2008, 04:49 PM
^ print out the above post and show it to every friend u wanna get rid of, it'll work like magic :D

Sahabiyaat
09-17-2008, 05:03 PM
:D heyyy, not a bad idea

i havent known them to be violent............:skeleton:, but if i am placed in mortal danger, i know who to sue!

Pray for me my dear brothers and sisters, its Ramadan ok, just do me this charity!!

Keltoi
09-18-2008, 01:29 AM
Plagiarism is a big deal. Most students don't realize how seriously a university and professors take plagiarism.

Far7an
09-18-2008, 08:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Plagiarism is a big deal. Most students don't realize how seriously a university and professors take plagiarism.
Especially with all this new plagarism detection software out now. Turn it in being the main one.

Re.TiReD
09-18-2008, 11:27 AM
:salamext:

Aww subhanAllah sis. Sorry to hear that. Transfer here with me if you wanna? I could do with another Asian face :( :p

And yeh, just hearing the word 'turn it in' is enough to send shivers down my spine :skeleton:

WassalamuAlaykum

Sahabiyaat
09-18-2008, 11:59 AM
sorry jolie, she applied to Newman as soon as she got the interview letter, because she knew she wasnt gna get thru.:)

but the weired thing is, her and other students i speak with, despite completing 2 yrs at uni, still dont know what plagarism is, and only havent been caught out yet, nobody bothers to thourougly read the information given.

If i run for rep again, im gna bring this up:raging:. We need a huge colourful powerpoint presentation on plagarism for thick ppl :-[:D, not miniscule wriritng at the back of sum huge one tonne booklet!

truemuslim
09-18-2008, 01:16 PM
welll there's a simple solution, now YOU have to be a badass and plagiarize some stuff and tada!
nah, lol dont lissen to me.
so what????? did i understand propaa??? issit ur friend get to move for plagiarizing something??? lool sounds like crap. poor uk people. u get caught that quickly?? i mean who DOESNT do that? lololol ok ok em;.......keep in touch wit her, phone, email, post cards etc...btw how far is she? u shud drive by or she drive by and meet up again. or tell her to not listen to her dumbass teachers and stay where she is. :)

Muhammad
09-18-2008, 01:45 PM
:sl:

Strangely enough, I think I understand your situation very well. I remember a story about someone who went through a similar thing except that he wasn't guilty, rather it was his colleagues that did the group work with him. He had to appeal against the decision and eventually managed to repeat the year, as opposed to receiving a lesser degree or having to leave the Uni I think. It's true, plagiarism is treated very seriously and often students might not even realise they have broken the rules.

I'm also familiar with this interview scenario and the prospect of losing your only good friend. It's a painful time, but you have to keep in contact with each other to offer support and encouragement. Remember that this is what Allaah (swt) has planned and perhaps He has something better in store for both of you. Keep making du'aa to Allaah (swt) for help, and be patient in this trying time. Insha'Allaah, He will make a way out for you from your difficulty. It takes a little time to overcome the shock and misery, but before long, you will have the strength to continue and face the new year Insha'Allaah.

chacha_jalebi
09-18-2008, 02:06 PM
was it a first time? or was it major plagiarism of a student?

if its minor thins like not referencin they will just mark you down, and warn you, but i think full on plagiarism, they take really seriously, but its easy to plagiarise, just use the synoyms in word lol and change around the words, not that ive done it :embarrass

and inshallah just keep in contact with your friend, you can still be their friend outside of uni innit

truemuslim
09-18-2008, 02:08 PM
^ thats EXACTLY what i do, and i never get caught! now quit talkin bout it coz teachers browse forums sometimes. (theyr obsessed)

why would u have to be shipped off for something so smallll???

Sahabiyaat
09-19-2008, 05:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
:sl:

Strangely enough, I think I understand your situation very well. I remember a story about someone who went through a similar thing except that he wasn't guilty, rather it was his colleagues that did the group work with him. He had to appeal against the decision and eventually managed to repeat the year, as opposed to receiving a lesser degree or having to leave the Uni I think. It's true, plagiarism is treated very seriously and often students might not even realise they have broken the rules.

I'm also familiar with this interview scenario and the prospect of losing your only good friend. It's a painful time, but you have to keep in contact with each other to offer support and encouragement. Remember that this is what Allaah (swt) has planned and perhaps He has something better in store for both of you. Keep making du'aa to Allaah (swt) for help, and be patient in this trying time. Insha'Allaah, He will make a way out for you from your difficulty. It takes a little time to overcome the shock and misery, but before long, you will have the strength to continue and face the new year Insha'Allaah.

that was nice akhee, JazakAllah Khair :cry:

the guy had the whole essay highlighted!!!!!, he was head of examinations or something, i kept giving my friends looks like omg woman, why didnt u tell me it was this bad!!!!!! lets just say 99.9% of the essay was plagarised, word to word without paraphrasing :-[:-[, and i was like omg, u tell me now!!, how am i meant to defend u!!!, so in the end i just had to agree that it was plagarism :-[, and it was her second tym with the same essay, so i guess it really was her fault.she cud repeat the yr, but i think she'd rather eat snails for iftaar than do that lol :)

Cabdullahi
09-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Newman college is not bad but now what you have to do as a friend is just advice her to put her head dwn and focus if she does that she wont need wikipedia and if you guys arent together in one uni its no big deal its a blessing in disguise you focus on ur stuff and she does hers and by the way you are still in the same city so u can always catch up on gossip or whatever you !women are into

Sahabiyaat
09-20-2008, 11:19 AM
actually shes lives 2 streets away, shes been down mine but i havent been down hers, so i guess this is an oppturnity to go ..............i miss her because she was one friend who immediately put me at ease and puts a smile on my face , even when were in the car driving and theres silence, theres that atmosphere of calm and ease, and i havent really experienced that with any other friend.

:-[:-[ we do not gossip..............moving on!!! :D

JazakAllah Khair akhee, its really going to hit me tho wen i start uni and she wont be there....thats when im gna have to get use to her absence.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.