/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Extraterrestrial life?

usman2468
09-18-2008, 09:02 AM
I know this question is kind of weird. But I have been wondering about it for sometime. Does the Holy Quran tell us about existence of extraterrestrial life? And can those "aliens" be intelligent.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dr.Trax
09-18-2008, 09:37 AM
:sl:

As I understand the quran and most of the schollars ,there is no extraterrestrial life,except Angels ans Jinns!
All those stuffs that are given on TV,Internet and bla bla bla ....are all FALSE (FAKE).
Be aware.....everything is a Hollywood film!
:w:

Hamayun
09-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Depends on what you class as Extra-terrestrial...

People are quite happy to believe in Aliens but refuse to believe in Angels, Jinn etc.

So far we have found zero evidence of intelligent life out there...

The assumption of extra terrestrial life is based on probability. Since the Universe is so huge (or so the scientists believe) they think the odds are in favour of life on other planets.

Maybe the Universe is probably not very big and surrounded by a massive blackhole?

We can only assume due to the limitations of our minds...

Allah knows best :)

Chuck
09-18-2008, 12:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by usman2468
I know this question is kind of weird. But I have been wondering about it for sometime. Does the Holy Quran tell us about existence of extraterrestrial life? And can those "aliens" be intelligent.
Well Quran speaks about generally that Allah has created life far away places that we don't know. So that would include life in other places in the universe. As for intelligent or not, Quran doesn't mention that.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
usman2468
09-19-2008, 07:58 AM
I just wonder that why would Allah create such a huge universe if the only planet to be populated was earth?

north_malaysian
09-19-2008, 08:30 AM
I just wonder that why would Allah create such a huge universe if the only planet to be populated was earth?
If God create several planets with population just like earth....truely...we earthlings will be fighting with those planets too...

north_malaysian
09-19-2008, 08:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dr.Trax
,there is no extraterrestrial life,except Angels ans Jinns!
Conclusions:

Aliens = Jinns

Dr.Trax
09-19-2008, 01:15 PM
Conclusions:

Aliens = Jinns
Indeed yes!

alcurad
09-19-2008, 06:47 PM
but then again what makes you sure that only earth is going to be populated by humans :)
in the middle east people speak of jinn with their cloven hooves kidnapping girls to procreate with , in the west people speak of little gray men with big black eyes conducting 'experiments' and occasionally procreating too. the mind is such a wonderful tool for all the fantasies it creates.

barney
09-19-2008, 11:30 PM
In My opinion,based on my understanding of Islam I cant see why Allah couldnt have made other planets and other races to serve him. They could have been sent the message by warners of their own race. The same message but in their language.
Its a big universe.

جوري
09-20-2008, 02:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
but then again what makes you sure that only earth is going to be populated by humans :)
in the middle east people speak of jinn with their cloven hooves kidnapping girls to procreate with , in the west people speak of little gray men with big black eyes conducting 'experiments' and occasionally procreating too. the mind is such a wonderful tool for all the fantasies it creates.
;D ;D lol akhi your post was hilarious...for reasons I need not mention..

barney
09-20-2008, 02:32 AM
But theres evidence for Djinn. There isnt evidence for Greys. :D

جوري
09-20-2008, 02:36 AM

looks like a winner for Saturday night

barney
09-20-2008, 02:47 AM
Where did you find that picture of my wife?????

جوري
09-20-2008, 03:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Where did you find that picture of my wife?????
I thought you said she is all better now? :D

cheers

Dr.Trax
09-20-2008, 09:29 AM
Euthanasia, Aliens - Contemporary Issues - Bilal Philips

Media Tags are no longer supported

I think you will understand!

alcurad
09-20-2008, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
;D ;D lol akhi your post was hilarious...for reasons I need not mention..

:)

on another note, I think it might be that jinn/shaytan are a part of the human consciousness rather than separate physical beings for the most part.

oh and here is another thought, I was thinking on human evolution and so on, and how are we going to 'evolve' anymore. well isn't it that we'll merge with machines, not like in anime but if you could replace say your eyes with artificial ones that had a wider range of vision and so on, wouldn't you do it? so given that, aliens-supposedly having space faring tech- would logically be completely mechanized or 'merged' with machines rather than having potbellies and whatnot. and just why would they be abducting cows and women-only parallelism intended, not offense-.

جوري
09-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Your eyes recognize more color and with ease of motion than a built in camera.. to be honest.. no sophisticated machine can equal or parallel that of creation.. that being said, I have my reservation on 'evolution' as proposed by some, but I have no interest in gauging the topic again, least of which in the holy month..

alcurad
09-20-2008, 09:22 PM
well maybe that's because machines that would imitate organic functioins haven't been developed yet. but anyway, I agree with you, not the most suitable topic for this month...

islamirama
10-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Allah said He has created life and spread it across the universe. So we believe there is life out there, just not the type Hollywood of little naked green man coming to kidnap your women. As to what kind of life? we do not know as we have not discovered means to go explore.

doorster
10-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Allah said He has created life and spread it across the universe.
Really? intelligent life?
So we believe there is life out there,
please exclude me from that "we" (if you believe in or even think of intelligent life elsewhere) but if you mean plantlife or other microbe/bacteria etc. them I'm a believer too :)

I beg you all to watch the video instead

doorster
10-01-2008, 07:14 PM

on another note, I think it might be that jinn/shaytan are a part of the human consciousness rather than separate physical beings for the most part.
why does Quraan say that they (jinn) are separate physical beings?

alcurad
10-01-2008, 07:34 PM
yes, Iblees is certainly spoken of as a separate being. but there are some ahadeeth that speak of the shaytan as 'within' humans. for example:

عن ابن عباس:" ما منكم من أحد إلا قد وكل به قرينه " قالوا وأنت يا رسول الله قال " نعم إلا أن الله أعانني عليه فأسلم فلا
يأمرني إلا بخير " .

وثبت في الصحيحين عن أنس في قصة زيارة صفية للنبي صلى الله عليه وسلم وهو معتكف وخروجه معها ليلا ليردها إلى منزلها فلقيه رجلان من الأنصار فلما رأيا النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم أسرعا فقال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم " على رسلكما إنها صفية بنت حيي " فقالا سبحان الله يا رسول الله فقال " إن الشيطان يجري من ابن آدم مجرى الدم وإني خشيت أن يقذف في قلوبكما شيئا

doorster
10-01-2008, 07:43 PM
yes, Iblees is certainly spoken of as a separate being. but there are some ahadeeth that speak of the shaytan as 'within' humans. for example:

عن ابن عباس:" ما منكم من أحد إلا قد وكل به قرينه " قالوا وأنت يا رسول الله قال " نعم إلا أن الله أعانني عليه فأسلم فلا
يأمرني إلا بخير " .

وثبت في الصحيحين عن أنس في قصة زيارة صفية للنبي صلى الله عليه وسلم وهو معتكف وخروجه معها ليلا ليردها إلى منزلها فلقيه رجلان من الأنصار فلما رأيا النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم أسرعا فقال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم " على رسلكما إنها صفية بنت حيي " فقالا سبحان الله يا رسول الله فقال " إن الشيطان يجري من ابن آدم مجرى الدم وإني خشيت أن يقذف في قلوبكما شيئا
looks like you are going to bury me under tons of (out of context) texts if I take it any further,so I leave you to your beliefs while I'll keep mine. <snip>
Ma'asalaama

Musaafirah
10-01-2008, 08:04 PM
:sl:
In Surah Al fatiha, it states that Allah is lord of the worlds, so surely there is a possibility of there being alien life forms?
All the same, isn't it best to avoid unnecessary questions? As whether or not there are any alien life forms out there, it's not gonna make much difference to your life is it? :)

islamirama
10-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Here's an interesting article:
http://www.speed-light.info/islam_li...er_planets.htm

First time i'm hearing this idea yajooj and majooj being on another planet. Although the idea does not seem that crazy if you consider the implications of the hadith about these people.

To demonstrate the vast numbers of yajooj and majooj, the prophet (saws) said there are 100 people on the earth, 1 is muslim and 99 are yajooj and majooj. If that one 1 muslim represents 1.5 billion Muslims today then the numbers of yajooj and majooj would be 99 x 1.5 billion = 148.5 billion people. Where on earth do you hide such a number?

Now that is something to ponder over :)

format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
Really? intelligent life?please exclude me from that "we" (if you believe in or even think of intelligent life elsewhere) but if you mean plantlife or other microbe/bacteria etc. them I'm a believer too :)

I said life, as in existence of life, anything beyond that is your assumption.

http://tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=65&tid=54300

http://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?...&UserProfile=0

It is Allah Who has created seven heavens and of the earth the like thereof (i.e. seven). His Command descends between them (heavens and earth), that you may know that Allah has power over all things, and that Allah surrounds (comprehends) all things in (His) Knowledge. 65.12

And among His Ayat (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, etc.) is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and whatever moving (living) creatures He has dispersed in them both. And He is All-Potent over their assembling (i.e. resurrecting them on the Day of Resurrection after their death, and dispersion of their bodies) whenever He will. 49.29

Note: Heavens does not equal Jannah. Jannah = paradise

I think it might be that jinn/shaytan are a part of the human consciousness rather than separate physical beings for the most part.
Please correct your thinking then if you think shayateen and jinns are part of human consciousness. Such beliefs equal to denial of Quran and lead to apostasy.

Allah says:
"Indeed We created man from dried clay of black smooth mud. And We created the Jinn before that from the smokeless flame of fire" [Surah Al-Hijr 15:26-27]

"I did not create the Jinn and mankind except to worship Me" [Surah Ad-Dhariyat, 51:56]
"Say (O' Muhammad): It has been revealed to me that a group of Jinn listened and said; 'Indeed we have heard a marvellous Qur'an. It guides unto righteousness so we have believed in it, and we will never make partners with our lord'" [Surah Al-Jinn, 72:1-2]
In many aspects of their world, the Jinn are very similar to us. They eat and drink, they marry, have children and they die. The life span however, is far greater then ours. Like us, they will also be subject to a Final Reckoning by Allah the Most High. They will be present with mankind on the Day of Judgement and will either go to Paradise or Hell.

http://www.geocities.com/mutmainaa/belief/jinn.html

يأمرني إلا بخير " .

I think you misunderstood the difference between a Jinn and a shaytan. Jinn are a different creation, a different species than human. Shaytan is someone who is evil, does evil, and invite to evil. Someone who is mischievous and trouble maker is also called shaytan. You can have shaytans among jinns and humans, just as you can have muslims and non-muslims among jinns and humans. Iblees is a Jinn, sometimes also called the father of Jinns. He is a jinn who is also a shaytan (evil being). Hitler, stalin, sharon, bush, etc are all shayateens among the humans.

chacha_jalebi
10-01-2008, 08:25 PM
that theory about the people of yajuj n majuj bein from another planet is ridiculous! because in the Quraan Prophet, Dhul Qurnayn (as) built the wall over them, and that most likely occurred in this world,

Güven
10-01-2008, 08:25 PM
that thing about Jajuuj and majooj is interesting! 148.5 billion!! :ooh:

and maybe he means the djinn who possesses the human body ?

doorster
10-01-2008, 08:30 PM

islamirama
10-01-2008, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
that theory about the people of yajuj n majuj bein from another planet is ridiculous! because in the Quraan Prophet, Dhul Qurnayn (as) built the wall over them, and that most likely occurred in this world,
I know he built the wall bro. The article talks about building the wall in front of the entrance to a worm hole that connects our earth to another planet. We barely surviving as 6 billion with limited resources, what about 148.5 billion people? Anyways, just found the reading interesting, that's all :)

chacha_jalebi
10-01-2008, 08:44 PM
i know bro, its interesting, but sorry if i sounded harsh :embarrass

because there is a difference between somethin bein interestin and then gettin to false innit, and the quraan doesnt mention a warm hole bein built and linked to another planet, so its best we jus leave it at what the Quraan described innit bro :D

its like when the people where havin a discussion, about what colour the dog was, of the people of the cave in surah al kahf , and the scholars say, just leave it at what Allah (swt) described it as, dont go into to further :D

but yesh it was interestin, but i fort it was a shambles aswell lol

islamirama
10-01-2008, 09:04 PM
I agree that we should leave as it is. On a non-serious note, we could make a sci-fi serious out of it, the dam breaks n these creatures come invading and Muslim mutant warriors to the rescue! :D

Güven
10-01-2008, 09:18 PM
^lol muslim "Mutant" warriors?? :p

Musaafirah
10-01-2008, 09:22 PM
^^^ Aww..is there some sort of human genetic modification going on here that I don't know about?

doorster
10-01-2008, 09:29 PM
yay! another thread bites the dust (or escapes in to the twilight zone through an open wormhole, thanks be to shaikh al-google who is ever so knowledgeable at the tender young age of 10)

islamirama
10-01-2008, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
yay! another thread bites the dust (or escapes in to the twilight zone through an open wormhole, thanks be to shaikh al-google who is ever so knowledgeable at the tender young age of 10)
You really need an attitude change buddy, stop being so ignorant and looking down on others. Not every site is your google sheikh. Islamqa and other such sites are legitimate with knowledgeable scholars backing them.

format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
^lol muslim "Mutant" warriors?? :p
Yea bro, there's a comic book that is popular in the muslim world. It has all muslim mutants, kinda like the X-men.

TestData
10-02-2008, 03:00 PM
I cant give you the source i'm afraid but I did read that amoung the signs of the last hour, there will be creates/animals that speak. We cant be sure if there will be aliens from another planet or genetically modified animals created by humans etc.

ihijazi
10-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Al Salam Alaykum,

Please take a look at this website: http://www.TrueSigns.info

It has a detailed Quranic presentation about Extratreestrial life

doorster
10-07-2008, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ihijazi
Al Salam Alaykum,

Please take a look at this website: http://www.<snip>.info

It has a detailed Quranic presentation about Extraterrestrial life
Wa alaikum salaam

is it using rabb-ul-aalimeen to mean that there are alien worlds?
could "lord of the worlds" not simply mean this here, mundane world and the hereafter?

oh BTW does Br. Jamal-uddin Zarabozo say the same or something different?

Surat-al-Fatihah - An In-Depth Study

Br. Jamaal Zarabozo

| CD 1 | CD 2 | CD 3 | CD 4 | CD 5 | CD 6 | CD 7 | CD 8 | CD 9 | CD 10 | CD 11 | CD 12 | CD 13 | CD 14 | CD 15 |
| CD 16 | CD 17 | CD 18 | CD 19 | CD 20 | CD 21 | CD 22 | CD 23 | CD 24 | CD 25 | CD 26 | CD 27 | CD 28 |

Woodrow
10-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Farwell sweet thread, you have served your purpose and no more need be added or debated.

For a genuine acceptable answer would require a real live extra-terrestial come here, join this forum and post irrefutable evidence he is an extra-terrestial.*

I don't think that will happen in the foreseeable future, so no sense in wasting everybodies time.

[BANANA]Blxkclp qrtle shazbot klnkspch[/BANANA] (Translation: Thread Closed)

Don't tempt me - Muezzin

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.