/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Not a very happy Fish :(

Re.TiReD
09-18-2008, 11:10 AM
:salamext:

*sigh*

So it was my first day back at uni today...I walked the 15 minute walk to the building and there wasnt a single hijaabi in sight. Now that didnt bother me because I like grinning at people when they give me weird looks :-[

Then I got to my subject talk and I was the ONLY one who had turned up. I was like 'What the!?' ... So he looked at me and said, 'where's the rest of ur mates?'...I was like, 'Umm most of them didnt wanna do this module'...then he said that he obviously cant run the module with only one student and I'm the only one who registered for it.

Its an Islamic Law module, I really wanna do it :( and now I feel miserable :( Not going good at all...

I hate uni, I'm not used to it since my school and 6th form was fully segregated and I totally feel like a fish out of water (literally) :(

I've got another subject talk in 2 hours...I know I'm the only Muslim student there so I was kinda looking forward to the Islamic Law one..Darn it! :(

Think I should change my name to Umm Ghurabaah :(

Please remem me in ur du'aas fishlings :(

WassalamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truemuslim
09-18-2008, 01:10 PM
aw lool sis u shud be lucky u even gots islamic class. besides they prolly would only teach ya crap... as in ...crap... "Hello soon-to-be-terrorist students, and welcome to terrorist class, here you will learn all about terrorism, terrorists, terror, fright, hate, how to terrorize as a hobby, when to apply terror into a soul, what the terrorfull book the Qurterroran has to terror about terrorists and terrorism. Ok lets begin, in order to be a terrorizor terrorist terror causer...you must follow the terror thing called Isterroristlam, in this terroring, you must walk around strapped to school, work, everywhere, even to the restroom, and when u see someone u dont like, pull the string and watch some fireworks, its like magic, but bloodier, i meant terrorier. Lets practice, i will demonstrate how to do it, then this teacher will continue on with terrorist class.I terrorize you (i love u ) . "

anyways sis be brave, whup some @$$, smile, and be a fishy. u gna be so ok :) coz this is ur islamic module class :)

S_87
09-18-2008, 01:22 PM
:sl:

inshaAllah itll get better for you, but which uni are you going to that has no muslims :-\

Now that didnt bother me because I like grinning at people when they give me weird looks
somehow that is very easy for me to picture!

.: Jannati :.
09-18-2008, 01:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя

*sigh*

So it was my first day back at uni today...I walked the 15 minute walk to the building and there wasnt a single hijaabi in sight. Now that didnt bother me because I like grinning at people when they give me weird looks :-[

Then I got to my subject talk and I was the ONLY one who had turned up. I was like 'What the!?' ... So he looked at me and said, 'where's the rest of ur mates?'...I was like, 'Umm most of them didnt wanna do this module'...then he said that he obviously cant run the module with only one student and I'm the only one who registered for it.

Its an Islamic Law module, I really wanna do it :( and now I feel miserable :( Not going good at all...

I hate uni, I'm not used to it since my school and 6th form was fully segregated and I totally feel like a fish out of water (literally) :(

I've got another subject talk in 2 hours...I know I'm the only Muslim student there so I was kinda looking forward to the Islamic Law one..Darn it! :(

Think I should change my name to Umm Ghurabaah :(

Please remem me in ur du'aas fishlings :(

WassalamuAlaykum

:wasalamex

You're always in this Fishling's Adiyaats, and You know that hehe *hugs*

Subhan'Allah sis I can imagine how you must be feeling and it can be quite frustrating! perhaps you can talk to the students you have other classes with to encourage them to come? There must be ways to encourage others Insha'Allah, maybe even talk to the tutors,..aren't there any Muslim ones? :(

I know the feeling of having No Islaam in an environment, you truly feel that you're strange among them, but remember sis you have the wealthiest of possesions with you! Your Deen, your Eemaan..and the very fact that you're a Muslimah! Surely Allah is also on your side, so please don't be disheartened sis Insha'Allah everything will be okay..May Allah (Swt) make it easier for you and improve every situation for you so that it is of benefit to you and brings you happiness..Aameen!! *wub*

:salamext: Xx

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
09-18-2008, 01:44 PM

Aww BarakAllahu Feekum :-[

JazakAllah khayr sis TrueMuslim :mmokay:

@ Amani: You know which uni it is...nearest to us, but the muslims there, you cant tell they're muslims. But insha'Allah I'll try living in the ISOC rooms :p

And Muhsinah: Thumma Ameen! may Allah (swt) bless you all :D

WassalamuAlaykum

Sahabiyaat
09-18-2008, 01:45 PM
my heart goes out to u delacour, i know it gets a bit gloomy if you dont spot a hijabi for 6 weeks straight :D (Alhamdulillah thats not the case with me!)

Re.TiReD
09-18-2008, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
my heart goes out to u delacour, i know it gets a bit gloomy if you dont spot a hijabi for 6 weeks straight :D (Alhamdulillah thats not the case with me!)
Lol I spotted one at the lecture I just got back from though, so alhamdulillah huh? There's like 40 of us with just 2 Muslimah's, should be fun :D I'm beggining to see it as a challenge now :p

WassalamuAlaykum

truemuslim
09-18-2008, 01:50 PM

Aww BarakAllahu Feekum :-[

JazakAllah khayr sis TrueMuslim :mmokay:

WassalamuAlaykum
sheesh do yall never read what it say under my name??? lol its for real tho. like on september 11 everyone in class starts asking things like "are u gonna blo me up today?" and stuff. and some sit ther "look arab bout to kill me" and crap. and the teacher just staaaaares like he/she is on crackkkk. so they all get whuped together! class "hug" :D
seriously sis this is your islamic class. with no racists..........i fink

Re.TiReD
09-18-2008, 01:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
with no racists..........i fink
I'm the only student :/

chacha_jalebi
09-18-2008, 01:58 PM
as salaam ma alaykam

subhanallah, i used to find myself in similar situations or stuck with non practisin muslims, and if you talk to them bout islam, they are so not interested, and i used it get so annoyed lol like i would be sayin to my non uni friends, im a loner in uni, but alhumdulilla you just gotta get on with it, and talk with with others, like integrate! you racist thug:p

truemuslim
09-18-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm the only student :/
lol sis i meant no racists in this forum.

but you kno what i would say to you if u were not normal and you were here in person, as in i can see ur skinny fish face???

"hahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaha loooooooool you were the only one??! hahahahaha looooser! dont you feel so embarassed??! hahaha sucks to be you! HHHAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollll!! Your SO EMBARASSING! Get away from me, dam you nerd! loool i dunno what ur gonna do wit the rest of your life! you suck at life! LOOOOOL. you must be sum sort of unknown species! Wheres the news reporter!? *die of laughter* "

but i dont kno u in person, and you are normal.
soo....

" Awwww sis, luv ya, its ok dont feel embarassed, the only witness was the teacher, and the teacher should feel embarassed for living, ok? dont worry fishy. go around the school with a palestini scarf and KINDLY ask people to join the class, trust me it works EVERY TIME. and i mean EVERY time, as long as u got the scarf k? shoulda been 7 days ago tho but stil works now :statisfie , im here for ya sis wit the best advice so feel free to not ask me ok? "

wow u cannot find better advice than mine, im so proud of me :statisfie

Re.TiReD
09-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Rofl! I aint embarassed! Its Islamic Law and I'd do it even if it meant being the only student in the whole building! Good advice tho :p

And wa'alaykum salam brother chacha...I shall be intergrating insha'Allah, like I said, ima live in ISOC :D

WassalamuAlaykum

chacha_jalebi
09-18-2008, 02:09 PM
and integrate with non muslims!!

think of it as this way Allah (Swt) made a few muslims in the uni, so you could set a example to the non muslims and represent islaam :D and present it to them

truemuslim
09-18-2008, 02:10 PM
Sis??? noooo dont take my advice unless you have experience with the po po's!

Re.TiReD
09-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Yeah true, hmm I guess...The non-muslims last year were interesting...maybe try it again this year :D In that we had good discussions about Islam and hijab etc...ooh yeah I just remembered how cool last year was :shade: JazakAllah khayr!

Cabdullahi
09-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Im starting uni monday inshallah and i havent got a clue how its gonna be im not gonna be out looking for friends im more of an one man mission kind of guy,i'll just dip in study hard and then dip out and go home thats it!

Re.TiReD
09-18-2008, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
Im starting uni monday inshallah and i havent got a clue how its gonna be im not gonna be out looking for friends im more of a one man mission kind of guy,i'll just dip in study hard and then dip out and go home thats it!
True...But Uni life can be cool if you know how. Like with the ISOC etc etc. You can make good mates there, nuffin wrong with havin a larf from time to time.

I hated first year, the only reason I got through it was because of my friends and their support. But they doing diff stuf this year.

Al-Zaara
09-18-2008, 02:52 PM
aw lool sis u shud be lucky u even gots islamic class.
I agree. I would never have gotten an Islamic class here where I study at and only two times I did find courses, were in Finnish, a school far away and just by accident, elhamdulillah, I loved the courses, but had no more time for any more, so that was it.

It's so alien to me to hear about people being shocked there are no Muslims in their school/Uni or practicing Muslims. I've lived my life with mainly non-Muslim students around me, only times there were 2-3 Muslims, either by name or practice, it did make a slight difference but it's not like I couldn't live without them or feel worse if they leave or feel like an alien. In my Uni, I don't except to find any Muslims there. It doesn't matter to me, I'm not there for the Muslims but to study. Friends I can make wherever I go and I still have at least a few Muslims outside school or online to chat with, elhamdulillah.

Trust me, you will get used to it, a non-segregated school ain't that bad as all make it seem. Sometimes I think to myself "I wish I was in an all-girls school" but other times no. There are pros and cons in everything. Don't let your attitude get down, hold it up, things really always ain't that bad as they first seem, inshaAllah. I hope you'll manage inshaAllah, take care!

Pk_#2
09-18-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm always the only Muslim in ma class, you'll get used to it, you might get weird questions, I did loadsa times, I had a teacher that dissed the niqaab alot, like not openly, but you can tell she really hated me, but all ma mates stuck up for me..

You'll be ari, innay, dun worry fishster. :-[

F0z14
09-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Asalaam Alaykum sis hope you are well. you are soooo cute mashallah bless u u make me smile sis. how did it go in the end? i hope it went well, sorry u couldnt do ur module, sounds like a good module 2 do? such a shame. are u doing law btw sis?

Re.TiReD
09-18-2008, 07:57 PM

JazakAllahu Khayran, it just that if you've been in a very sheltered and protected environment for 7 years its slightly difficult to break out of that mould and to adjust. I've had 4 months off and now I'm back and its that initial culture shock all over again.

I'm feeling ok now though alhamdulillah, I had a great idea, if I cant do Islamic Law ima take an Arabic module insha'Allah...

Thats whats getting to me most...The module thing *bangs head against wall*

Argh, but whatever...:D

WassalamuAlaykum

gladTidings
09-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Salaam sis...

I guess you have to understand from their point of view... they probably find its not worth teaching just the one student. Hopefully you'll find a better module to fill that space. You seem to be doing a cool degree course though.

I know what you mean about the culture shock though. It was like that for me when I started college, but I find people at university are alot more open minded and accepting. Wait until you get to the working world... from personal experience Ive found it alot harsher because of lack of knowledge and ignorance within the workforce. Ye so make the most of university!!

And hey you should be a proud stranger (h) x

Re.TiReD
09-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Wa'alaykum salam!

JazakAllahu Khayran sis, yeh sis I do understand, they apparantly need at least 6 students for a module to go ahead, I was just a little disappointed is all.

In place of that I might just have to do a SIM (Student Initiated Module) - but I dont know what one is... so going to have to find out sometime insha'Allah. Basically I can do my SIM in Islamic Law if I want...Hmm, Allahu A'lam what I decide.

Yup...Umm Ghurabaah :shade:

WassalamuAlaykum

Güven
09-18-2008, 09:14 PM
SubhanAllah , I had and have still the similar Situations in my school
And I changed My name(not real Name ofcourse ) To Ghurabah Long time Ago :)

:w:

Re.TiReD
09-18-2008, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
SubhanAllah , I had and have still the similar Situations in my school
And I changed My name(not real Name ofcourse ) To Ghurabah Long time Ago :)

Masha'Allah akhee Ghurabaah, may Allah (swt) make it easy for you. Ameen.

And I think this calls for:

Media Tags are no longer supported

Güven
09-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Ameen May Allah Make it easy For you Too, MashaAllah I love This Poem
and btw I saw This comment Somewhere on youtube :
'For the Unbelievers, the muslims appear to be strange. For the muslims, the Mu'minun appear to be strange.' How true is this :)

and I love this Lecture from Khalid Yasin :statisfie

Media Tags are no longer supported

Re.TiReD
09-18-2008, 09:31 PM
Thumma Ameen. JazakAllahu Khayran Akhee :)

Yup that lecture is fab masha'Allah, BarakAllah Feek!

chacha_jalebi
09-18-2008, 09:37 PM
this was meant to be a thread to like cheer up and comfort the sister, now we sharin nasheeds and lectures! now if that isnt off topic, then may i give up my mod job:D

:threadclo :p

astalavista il be backk muhahaaa haa haaa :shade::shade:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.