/* */

PDA

View Full Version : my impossible quest...

truemuslim
09-18-2008, 05:24 PM
:sl:

yah its like ramadan. 100% ramadan.

there is unfortunoutly 12 days left of ramadhan, meaning two days until the 10 days of the chances of laylatil qadr comes.

What i wanna accomplish, is to memorize the complete quran, quit music, and have my faith very high and true, and to see islam clear, wit no more of dem stupid questions of mine... basically be a truemuslim :D which im currently not.

All i ask from Allah swt during the whole ramadhan and last days of ramadhan is for these four things. All i need to finish my life is these four things.

I always ask for dua for these four things, for a long time. before i joined the forum. (except the music thing coz i only learned that FROM the forum) and nothing has changed except i get worse.

Sssooo...i wanna be one of dem kwl peoples in da jannah inshallah with all u sisters :statisfie. if i have my faith and islam in life i wouldnt give a dam about nothing else. just deen. deen. deen..deeeeeen. and of course school coz then i would be poor gurl with no money to give to charity after my future husband would never give charity because he a greedy dady side...:X oops.

I wanna kno how to finish my impossible quest.
Currently i believe i cant...sorry. i KNOW i cant.
but i'll try anyway.

since im faithless, bad, shameless sinner, and very sucky in college algebra, i have no confidence i can accomplish this.

why???

1. what if i miss a prayer or be late for a prayer when the last ten days begin! imsad

2. What if you kno....umm....should i say this ..again?...ok ok fne...what if allah stilll up ther ignoring/watching and laughin. :-[:-[:-[:-[:-[

3. If allah doesnt answer, what would it mean? and its the last ten days they say allah answers everyone. whatever it is. and if he dont answr mine what it mean? im a horible horrible horrible shaitan in a human body?

4. When i make dua on the last days it has to be sincere, and true...why issit when i make dua i never feel its sincere enough??

5. i have the word cant in my vocab.

I just need help with this. this is like my only chance. i never even thought about lailatul qadr yet when i used to struggle wit music. lol "used to " hahaha what the hell im sayn?? i meant stil do.

If there is any dua to use during laylatul qadr or anything please share it it will be useful to me and everyone else. :statisfie

Jazakumallah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
09-18-2008, 05:31 PM
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously you can DO IT!!!!

i would join you if it wasnt for stupid work and we coulda had a race to see who can do it first :D !

seriously, this sounds amazing even if you dont do it TRY YOUR BEST

Na7lah
09-18-2008, 05:40 PM
As salamu alaykum,

The last ten nights of Ramadan are almost upon us, and I
wanted to take this moment to remind you about a cool Dua
technique that I do during the last ten nights.

When I was 12 years old, I used this technique, and 2 years
later I had memorized the ENTIRE Quran!

Here's what you do:
Step 1: Ask yourself: If Allah said he would give me
ANYTHING, what would I ask for? Brainstorm at least for one
page.

Step 2: Choose 6 of the most precious things on your list.

Step 3: Make dua for these 6 specifically every night for
the entire last ten nights of Ramadan.

ONE of those nights HAS to be Laylatul Qadr, so your dua
will correspond to LaylatulQadr if you make the same dua
every night. How cool is that?

With best wishes to see you succeed at the highest level!
- Muhammad Alshareef
Like akhi said You can do it :) you just needed the will and now u have it

pm me if u need more advice

Ansariyah
09-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Sis did u say u want to memorize the entire Quraan within 12 days?
Sorry but that goal doesn't sound very realistic. Only if ur close to being done, maybe?:sunny:

1. what if i miss a prayer or be late for a prayer when the last ten days begin!

If u really make lots of effort and do everything u can. u wont miss it inshaAllah. Dont Miss it!

2. What if you kno....umm....should i say this ..again?...ok ok fne...what if allah stilll up ther ignoring/watching and laughin.

I didnt get this Question Sis?

3. If allah doesnt answer, what would it mean? and its the last ten days they say allah answers everyone. whatever it is. and if he dont answr mine what it mean? im a horible horrible horrible shaitan in a human body?

No..lol. It means ur human no ones perfect gal. Do not dispair if it appears your du'a are not answered. Continue to have faith and patience and be content with what Allah has written for you.

4. When i make dua on the last days it has to be sincere, and true...why issit when i make dua i never feel its sincere enough??

Well, if u have good intentions that's sincere?

5. i have the word cant in my vocab.

Well kick that outa ur vocan den..Simple.:sunny:

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
09-18-2008, 05:49 PM
^ SHE CAN DO IT ITS REALISTIC !!

your still young, and miracles happen, its ramadan and i think you can miraculously get like picture perfect memory if Allaah wills

so TRY YOUR BEST!!!!!!!!

Ansariyah
09-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Do not listen to her?..How rude!

IbnAbdulHakim
09-18-2008, 05:52 PM
^ yeh i realised THATS WHY I QUICKLY EDITED

you werent suppose to see that !!!

i think you should apologise for seeing it

ok fine im really sorry, forgive inshaAllah its ramadan :$

assalamu alaikum

Na7lah
09-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Sorry but that goal doesn't sound very realistic. Only if ur close to being done, maybe?
there's a kid who lives here he memorized the quran half the quran, last year. so ramadan came he's like i'm gona finish the rest this month, mashallah he did it in two weeks subhanallah

He might give you something better than what u'r asking for, or he might save it for u for the akhirah, or he might not give it to u cuz it might be harmful for you in someway...

Ansariyah
09-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Dont even bother.

Ansariyah
09-18-2008, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
there's a kid who lives here he memorized the quran half the quran, last year. so ramadan came he's like i'm gona finish the rest this month, mashallah he did it in two weeks subhanallah

I mean if she's starting now (from the start) and wants to finish within 2 weeks. why ru all jumping me. I didn't mean no harm.

SubhanAllah.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-18-2008, 05:58 PM
^ stop taking things so personally :-\

and forgiveness only benefits you btw, "dont even bother" wow dont let the ramadan spirit take over too much ;D

truemuslim i encourage you to do this, i reckon you can DEFINITLY do this inshaAllaah, dont let my faith go to waste

Assalamu Alaikum

truemuslim
09-18-2008, 06:01 PM
no way i dont mean memorize it all in twelve days, i mean afte rthat, but not take two three years. i memeorized juz amma in twelve days (well actually 15), not the WHOLE quran! lol

I cant IMAGIne this coming true tho. lol dont worry yanoorah i kno what u mean :)
and sis muslima is ther anything better than memorizing quran??

Na7lah
09-18-2008, 06:01 PM
I mean if she's starting now and wants to finish within 2 weeks. why ru all jumping me. I didn't mean no harm.
i never disagreed with you i just posted something that happened, it cud be possible to finish the quran, but it would depend on the person right?

anywyz we're going off topic here...

Na7lah
09-18-2008, 06:02 PM
and sis muslima is ther anything better than memorizing quran??
something like what?

Kas1m
09-18-2008, 06:03 PM
To do anything with Islam you HAVE to give up music. Music is cancer of Imaan. trust me they dont watch. dont struggle just deal wit it and say thats it no mo of that

truemuslim
09-18-2008, 06:11 PM
something like what?
i dunno u tell me. lol u said "He might give you something better than what u'r asking for, or he might save it for u for the akhirah, or he might not give it to u cuz it might be harmful for you in someway... "
everything i ask for is for my faith, it cannot be harmful to me :D

format_quote Originally Posted by Kasim
To do anything with Islam you HAVE to give up music. Music is cancer of Imaan. trust me they dont watch. dont struggle just deal wit it and say thats it no mo of that
:offended: do you mean if i dont quit music nothing happens?

Soulja Girl
09-18-2008, 06:13 PM

^Light & darkness never mix honey. :)

:w:

Na7lah
09-18-2008, 06:15 PM
i dunno u tell me. lol u said "He might give you something better than what u'r asking for, or he might save it for u for the akhirah, or he might not give it to u cuz it might be harmful for you in someway... "
everything i ask for is for my faith, it cannot be harmful to me
nah i meant in general :)
do you mean if i dont quit music nothing happens?
i wudn't say that...but there is the quote, i don't know if its a hadith or the words of ibn mas3ud, "The words of Allah and the words or shaitan can't be together in the same heart." so u'r gona hav to choose one

truemuslim
09-18-2008, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

^Light & darkness never mix honey. :)

lol sis u are crazy. how would light and darkness mix honey?? and what is that have to do wit anything/??
wow the way ukanian think! :skeleton:

Soulja Girl
09-18-2008, 06:20 PM

Music = Darkness, Imaan = Light

Listen to music, there's gna be darkness in your <3, quit listenin to music & your Imaan will grow stronger inshallah & there's jus gonna be light upon light! :D Get meh? :p

Iftaar time now, finally! :D

truemuslim
09-18-2008, 06:22 PM

Music = Darkness, Imaan = Light

Listen to music, there's gna be darkness in your <3, quit listenin to music & your Imaan will grow stronger inshallah & there's jus gonna be light upon light! :D Get meh? :p

Iftaar time now, finally! :D

:offended: oh my god :-[that was my first blonde moment! Sooo sorry :-[
Jazakallah khair sis thats beautiful.

and save me sum food that wont spoil for another 5 hours :exhausted

Kas1m
09-18-2008, 06:24 PM
thats good well said darkness and light never mix meaning good and evil doesnt mix in one heart.

the music thing - if you dont stop then something happens but if you stop a lot happens and you actually feel like you Imaan is boosting

Imagin three things in a line. the middle is heart, the right is soul which is rooh and the left is Nafs (desires) which is shaytaan in other words. the nafs tries to capture the heart by telling you to do worldly desires such as listening to music while the innocent rooh tells you to do the good thing. and if nafs captures your heart then slowly it began to capture your rooh and thats dangerous. if you still about Allah then think your safe but cut the music and you'll see the big difference

and im talking from experience

truemuslim
09-18-2008, 06:31 PM
thats good well said darkness and light never mix meaning good and evil doesnt mix in one heart.

the music thing - if you dont stop then something happens but if you stop a lot happens and you actually feel like you Imaan is boosting

Imagin three things in a line. the middle is heart, the right is soul which is rooh and the left is Nafs (desires) which is shaytaan in other words. the nafs tries to capture the heart by telling you to do worldly desires such as listening to music while the innocent rooh tells you to do the good thing. and if nafs captures your heart then slowly it began to capture your rooh and thats dangerous. if you still about Allah then think your safe but cut the music and you'll see the big difference

and im talking from experience
Yeh I kno, thats what alot of people been sayin, but never put it in that way, mashallah. Thats why I want Allah to help me stop music. I dont WANT to stop music even if i can, thats why i NEED ALLAH. and faith is all i need to do this, which is another thing i ask from allah.
i just need those four things and my life puzzle has been complete, dont mind goin to palestine and whupin sum @$$ then :statisfie

Kas1m
09-18-2008, 06:34 PM
well make the first step like i did. I chucked about 100 cd's in the bin and then Allah saw me taking first step and he helped me. have you taken the first step>?

Soulja Girl
09-18-2008, 06:34 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
Jazakallah khair sis thats beautiful. and save me sum food that wont spoil for another 5 hours :exhausted
^Lol... Barakillah feek ukhti. :)

*gives ya some food* hope you enjoy it! :D

^Well said bro, couldn't agree more wiv ya.

truemuslim
09-18-2008, 06:36 PM
well make the first step like i did. I chucked about 100 cd's in the bin and then Allah saw me taking first step and he helped me. have you taken the first step>?
first step?? ....

:-[ yeh of course, i stopped listening to akon, he sucks.

i dont got no cd's, theyr old skool, like uk people. i got youtube, "my music" folder, and of course ipod and car radio. and clock radio. ya kno, FM radio. yehhh. cant really throw those away. besides i can never do that. unless america bans music and DELETES THEM (so i wont be breakin lawww) i dont fink ima stop. :-[

truemuslim
09-18-2008, 06:38 PM
aww suddenly i see what snakey would reply... :cry:

Kas1m
09-18-2008, 06:39 PM
oh never thought music was so addictive. it can be. what kind do you listen if you dont mind asking? there are nasheeeds and baats

Soulja Girl
09-18-2008, 06:40 PM

i dont got no cd's, theyr old skool, like uk people. i got youtube, "my music" folder, and of course ipod and car radio. and clock radio. ya kno, FM radio. yehhh. cant really throw those away. besides i can never do that. unless america bans music and DELETES THEM (so i wont be breakin lawww) i dont fink ima stop. :-[
^Hmm... I'm Ukanian but I do NOT use CD's. :rollseyes :p

You can stop listenin to music, just listen to Quran or Anasheed & if you're ever listenin to music, jus fink to yourself, what if I'm gna die... What ish my answer gna be when I face my Lord? :cry:

Oh yeh & first step is, delete ALL your tracks...

Na7lah
09-18-2008, 06:43 PM
i dont got no cd's, theyr old skool, like uk people. i got youtube, "my music" folder, and of course ipod and car radio. and clock radio. ya kno, FM radio. yehhh. cant really throw those away. besides i can never do that. unless america bans music and DELETES THEM (so i wont be breakin lawww) i dont fink ima stop.
know what i wud do?

take em off your ipod, delete the ones in your music folder, go to the recycle bin and delete everything forever :p

yeah and stop searching for them on youtube, if u forget stick a not on your moniter sayin "don't listen to music on youtube" lol

Kas1m
09-18-2008, 06:45 PM
know what i wud do?

take em off your ipod, delete the ones in your music folder, go to the recycle bin and delete everything forever :p

yeah and stop searching for them on youtube, if u forget stick a not on your moniter sayin "don't listen to music on youtube" lol
good start

Kas1m
09-18-2008, 06:46 PM
im a fan of qawwalis. when i stopped music i switched to qawwalis. one or two then i switched to naats and became more interested in poetry and now Alhamdulillah music is past gone. Eminem's retired anyway so no point going back lol

SixTen
09-18-2008, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously you can DO IT!!!!

i would join you if it wasnt for stupid work and we coulda had a race to see who can do it first :D !

seriously, this sounds amazing even if you dont do it TRY YOUR BEST
I know you didn't just blame it on sitting down, I know you didn't!

truemuslim
09-18-2008, 06:53 PM
oh never thought music was so addictive. it can be. what kind do you listen if you dont mind asking? there are nasheeeds and baats
yah it is! no unfortunoutly i listen to rap/hip hop/r&b/ANYTHING WIT RIHANNA !!!! :statisfie :raging:

^Hmm... I'm Ukanian but I do NOT use CD's. :rollseyes :p

You can stop listenin to music, just listen to Quran or Anasheed & if you're ever listenin to music, jus fink to yourself, what if I'm gna die... What ish my answer gna be when I face my Lord? :cry:

Oh yeh & first step is, delete ALL your tracks...

lol sis i do think that but shaitan do it fo me. :-[

know what i wud do?

thats a big mission right there. deleting ONE song off is a huge mission, and after i finish that i'll re download it :( and i actually remember its haram everytime i open it up, but i say ya ok dont matterr. :enough!:

sorry my teacher just BEGGED for IT. so i gotta go for a sec :exhausted:raging:

Kas1m
09-18-2008, 06:55 PM
hmmmm what about nasheeds? you like them? what about urdu? you understand urdu?

Na7lah
09-18-2008, 07:00 PM
thats a big mission right there. deleting ONE song off is a huge mission, and after i finish that i'll re download it and i actually remember its haram everytime i open it up, but i say ya ok dont matterr.
k but take the first step...if you take one step towards Allah and walk to him he'll run to you...but YOU have to be the one taking the step, even if its a huge mission, it'll show how much you really are sincere

imagine this, someone's sitting somewhere slacking, they don't wana get up or do anything, are they going to get anything done?

after i finish that i'll re download it
why? no really why? you know its wrong, you know you wana stop so why torture yourself? why download it again?

and i actually remember its haram everytime i open it up, but i say ya ok dont matterr.
:p k u know its Haram, then don't open it, train yourself not to listen to it,

Kas1m
09-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Yes thats good. I remembered that saying Too. If you walk toward Allah, then Allah runs toward you. That explains everything. Do the first step then Allah will automatically put something in your heart. Do it do it

m102313
09-18-2008, 07:44 PM
theyr old skool, like uk people
Noooooooooo :raging::raging:

Soulja Girl
09-18-2008, 08:01 PM

im a fan of qawwalis. when i stopped music i switched to qawwalis.
^Whats a qawwalis? :?

Umar001
09-18-2008, 08:12 PM
You know what I would do?

Spend a little more time reading books, not reveal my sins, think alot before I speak, and ask myself if I'm the type of person I would want to marry.

Kas1m
09-18-2008, 08:14 PM
A qawwali is the sufi kind of music which was means of spreading Islam when Islam first came in india. Its basically a group of people. There are musical instruments and they sing a song. Usually its an islamic song with deep poetry but with musical instruments

Re.TiReD
09-18-2008, 08:17 PM
:wasalamex

Its only impossible if you think it is. I cant is almost like saying I shant. If you dont want to you wont but if you want to then get rid of the word cant. You can and you will. And that paragraph could earn me a distinction so read it please :p

But seriously sis, if you KNOW what you want to do and what you need to do to get there then you're already on the road to recovery. And Allah (swt) only changes the condition of a people until they change it themsevles.

Look to those above you in Imaan and 'Ilm and strive to be like them.

may Allah (swt) help you. Ameen

WassalamuAlaykum

truemuslim
09-18-2008, 09:47 PM
hmmmm what about nasheeds? you like them? what about urdu? you understand urdu?
nah see i used to be only islamic songs (maybe haram but islamic lyrics!) like outlandish, native deen, abu ali, etc. then in one month it all changed i completely quit those and go addicted to american songs. i fink i kno why. because rihanna had to get a new song - disturbia :raging: which led me to lissen to more songs... and no i dont kno urdu

k but take the first step...if you take one step towards Allah and walk to him he'll run to you...but YOU have to be the one taking the step, even if its a huge mission, it'll show how much you really are sincere

imagine this, someone's sitting somewhere slacking, they don't wana get up or do anything, are they going to get anything done?

why? no really why? you know its wrong, you know you wana stop so why torture yourself? why download it again?

:p k u know its Haram, then don't open it, train yourself not to listen to it,
you kno what ima take the first step, ima go right now and try to do something. lol i suddenly have a wave of confidence come over me :statisfie

format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker
Noooooooooo :raging::raging:
hey want me to report to ur QUEEN that u gettin tempers??? ooh she bad, specially since she talkin wita accent like u oldskooles:X

format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
You know what I would do?

Spend a little more time reading books, not reveal my sins, think alot before I speak, and ask myself if I'm the type of person I would want to marry.
am i the type of person i wanna marry???? uh no thanks im straight! :-[
yu kno me i secretly get songs and listen then dont mind saying i did that. just like drugs, you buy em secretly then brag that u high.

format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
:wasalamex

Its only impossible if you think it is. I cant is almost like saying I shant. If you dont want to you wont but if you want to then get rid of the word cant. You can and you will. And that paragraph could earn me a distinction so read it please :p

But seriously sis, if you KNOW what you want to do and what you need to do to get there then you're already on the road to recovery. And Allah (swt) only changes the condition of a people until they change it themsevles.

Look to those above you in Imaan and 'Ilm and strive to be like them.

may Allah (swt) help you. Ameen

WassalamuAlaykum
aw sis .

ok ok
jazakumallah khair everyone .
lets se how far i can go today. :exhausted

IbnAbdulHakim
09-18-2008, 10:38 PM
what? only one juz!!! dont be a wimp go for the whole mile !!!

*mr motivator style*

truemuslim
09-18-2008, 10:42 PM
i never said i'll stop mr. motivator. lol
thats why im making dua for me to be able to be a complete hafiz. but with school (+ college classes :raging: ) its a bit hard. and everything else.

WomanOfJihad
09-19-2008, 12:26 AM

YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!!!!!

Have Faith in urself n Have faith in Allah.

what if i miss a prayer or be late for a prayer when the last ten days begin!
What if you kno....umm....should i say this ..again?...ok ok fne...what if allah stilll up ther ignoring/watching and laughin.
now IF is the word of SHAYTAN.

Watever good thing we plan do to we ALWAYS bring IF's n BUT's. theres a hadeeth REgardin IF being from shaytan. Sorry i cnt remember the hadeeth but if any1 knows it plz post it.

Jazakallahu Khairan

Kas1m
09-19-2008, 06:00 AM
I dont know of any Hadith but there might be one

------
09-19-2008, 11:10 AM
:salamext:

Sis all I'm going to say regarding music is that; you will trip and fall. It's up to you whether you want to stay in that mud or pull yoursef out of it, brush your clothes clean and start waling again on the (straight) path.... It is hard... But we just gotta keep at it...

( am such a hypo..) :-[

truemuslim
09-19-2008, 12:53 PM
*sigh*

why isnt allah answering any of my dua before???? maybe not even after...

bcuz im not even a good muslim, im horrible at everything and im a sinner, allah doesnt even love me as much anymore. (maybe not even at all) . i guess this is true. no point in trying. actually somebody told me this. and its so true. :(

WomanOfJihad
09-19-2008, 01:12 PM
well sis if thats the case then i can start sayin abt myself awell that my duas arent been accepted either. n mayb coz i m a bad n a horrible muslim n therefore i shudnt try anymore?
No sis thats now how we go about it :)
Allah says in the quran ( to its nearest meaning)
oh my believers ( those of u who have sined) ask for forgiveness n i will forgive you.
so dont get put off, b strong n confident. n TRY HARD !

theres also another ayah
Laa taqnatu min rahmatillah this is the ayah which keeps me goin in life.

truemuslim
09-19-2008, 01:14 PM
yeh but if i get other people sayin that then what kind of muslim AM i????

Re.TiReD
09-19-2008, 01:15 PM
She was kiddin.

Allah is testing ur patience. Dont lose hope

truemuslim
09-19-2008, 01:18 PM
i kno that. lol. i was sayin tho if i got other people saying that to me then wat kind of muslim am i.
yah nevermind forget it shaitan gna win everytime so...(tolda its an impossible quest)

Re.TiReD
09-19-2008, 01:18 PM
i kno that. lol. i was sayin tho if i got other people saying that to me then wat kind of muslim am i.
yah nevermind forget it shaitan gna win everytime so...(tolda its an impossible quest)
Oh. well u know urself better than anyone huni and if u think u can do it den u can. Bleev u can and u will. whats stopping u?

IbnAbdulHakim
09-19-2008, 01:22 PM
the best and sincerest ones normally get criticised most!!!

truemuslim
09-19-2008, 01:24 PM
kwl well i dont believe i can do it. you kno yesterday i deleted all the the many many songs i had on the computer...left only 8 :( the worst ones....im dying now with the urge to put them back on :raging:

IbnAbdulHakim
09-19-2008, 01:38 PM
^ die a shaheed!!!

truemuslim
09-19-2008, 01:40 PM
i wish.

btw i just deleted everything (except my brothers songs coz he gonna kill me anyway for deleting the other ones, might as well keep his to ...die less) now thers only two leona lewis songs . so kwl.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-19-2008, 01:49 PM
i wish.

btw i just deleted everything (except my brothers songs coz he gonna kill me anyway for deleting the other ones, might as well keep his to ...die less) now thers only two leona lewis songs . so kwl.
i'll be at ur janaazah :blind:

ur so kool if u die during ramadan, i can only dream of it!

------
09-19-2008, 02:09 PM

^ Stick to the original topic inshaAllaah...

truemuslim
09-19-2008, 02:16 PM
lol , yeh thats every muslims dream :statisfie

BEFORE:

AFTER 20 MINUTES OF THINKING AND CHOOSING:

all i fear now is finding somewhere else to listen to em. or re downloading them :exhausted

Kas1m
09-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Im glad to hear you took the first step and deleted your songs. Now can you hold it for two days without listening to music? Thats second step. If succeeded then that means you have successfully grabbed Allah's rope

Kas1m
09-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Hmmm i see obie trice, nas and nate dogg there. Havent heard these names for years. I was into all this but quit now alhamdulillah

truemuslim
09-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Im glad to hear you took the first step and deleted your songs. Now can you hold it for two days without listening to music? Thats second step. If succeeded then that means you have successfully grabbed Allah's rope
two whole days??? noway! lets see if i can survive wit two songs for the rest of today! :-[

Hmmm i see obie trice, nas and nate dogg there. Havent heard these names for years. I was into all this but quit now alhamdulillah
mashallah. wish i can say that someday

Kas1m
09-19-2008, 02:32 PM
You have got to do this slowly. Two days might be too much. Man just dont think about it. When Shaytaan enters that thought in your mind. Dont let it in. Throw it out.

truemuslim
09-19-2008, 02:34 PM
like the fact that its getting depressing with the same two songs ? big challenge for me right this second : Close it coz its depressing and delete em VS download 1 or 2 more to make less depressing.

i kno the choice and i kno what u would prolly do and all but why issit soooo hard when its soooo easy??????

Edit: even tho i ended up closing it anyway...

Kas1m
09-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Thats good. Man this is like im telling someone how to defuse a bomb. Its so tense. Simple exercise for you is put your hands on your knees and sit staring at clock or time. If you can sit two minutes quietly and observe carefully how many times the thought comes in your mind?
Silly i know but its all about self control here

------
09-19-2008, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - serene -

Sis all i'm going to say regarding music is that; you will trip and fall. It's up to you whether you want to stay in that mud or pull yoursef out of it, brush your clothes clean and start waling again on the (straight) path.... It is hard... But we just gotta keep at it...

( am such a hypo..) :-[
snap...

truemuslim
09-19-2008, 02:42 PM
lol . ok i just did that and all i thought about was ... "thought comes in your mind" and lyrics for thugz mansion!!

btw here is my old playlist (about a month ago) This was ALL i used to listen to:

------
09-19-2008, 02:44 PM

Sis InshaaAllaah lets not publicise the sins we do...or how we did it....or the details.

What matters is that you're trying to change =)

m102313
09-19-2008, 09:22 PM
hey want me to report to ur QUEEN that u gettin tempers??? ooh she bad, specially since she talkin wita accent like u oldskooles:X
why do u always think of us UK people as backward people. hey c'mon we do have a life.:exhausted

Ali.
09-19-2008, 09:30 PM
It's simple:

You have to have the will, the desire to quit listening to music.

And also you have to stop insulting the British, you are getting to the point of racism and you've been doing it for quite a while now.

truemuslim
09-19-2008, 10:34 PM
why do u always think of us UK people as backward people. hey c'mon we do have a life.:exhausted
lol its a joke.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
It's simple:

You have to have the will, the desire to quit listening to music.

And also you have to stop insulting the British, you are getting to the point of racism and you've been doing it for quite a while now.
jazakallah khair. and also i dont have racism, its just fun to pick on british coz they always say things like "bludy mirror" or something like that when u do, and i guess thats an insult? besides they say u uk ppl make fun of us too so HA. its ok i make fun of us americans too :D

truemuslim
09-20-2008, 08:06 PM
so kwl! today is the first day!! and i've stayed all of yesterday without music and all of today (,so far) without music. whenever ima bout to turn it up i remember lailatul qadr and close it right away . so kwl.

The Ruler
09-20-2008, 08:13 PM
What are you going to do when Ramadaan dissolves?

truemuslim
09-20-2008, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Liúyú de Lian
What are you going to do when Ramadaan dissolves?
the obvious. PANIC!
since im only stopping music right now coz im afraid allah wont answer me on lailatul qadr, then i dont think i would fear anything after.:-[:enough!:

didnt really wanna think that far tho. i mean 10 WHOLE ENTIRE DAYS left so...

truemuslim
09-20-2008, 09:17 PM
so kwl! today is the first day!! and i've stayed all of yesterday without music and all of today (,so far) without music. whenever ima bout to turn it up i remember lailatul qadr and close it right away . so kwl.
nvrmind :(:raging::raging::laugh::enough!::enough!:
:exhausted:exhausted:exhausted:D

Re.TiReD
09-20-2008, 09:31 PM
nvrmind :(:raging::raging::laugh::enough!::enough!:
:exhausted:exhausted:exhausted:D
*smack*

Whats the grin for?

Sis seriously, WHERE IS THE WILLPOWER?

Do you actually wanna beat this? Do you wanna do it? Do you WANNA BE REWARDED WITH JANNAH? or not? Seriously huni, you can do it. It just takes a little hard work, patience and perseverance.

truemuslim
09-20-2008, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
*smack*

Whats the grin for?

Sis seriously, WHERE IS THE WILLPOWER?

Do you actually wanna beat this? Do you wanna do it? Do you WANNA BE REWARDED WITH JANNAH? or not? Seriously huni, you can do it. It just takes a little hard work, patience and perseverance.
grin is to cover angerness/sadness. u shud kno by now, notice i use it alot?? this is the true smile ":)" :D

i ruined it on the first day! and befor iftar! i just go and start slap boxing wit my bro (HE MADE ME!) and then i decide to turn on the radio, then i remember lailatul qadr and close it, then i say just this one song and listen to it and the next 10 songs on FM. then i go to outlandish which i havent listened to in like forever...then back to abu ali. which is strange....then back to haram again :-[:exhausted
why issit??????
plz make duaaa, i made dua and it only last a day and a half.

i lose hope so quick and just give up and say "oh since i broke it already might as well continue" :raging::raging::raging: i HATE mee~:raging::raging: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

IbnAbdulHakim
09-20-2008, 11:52 PM
^ u sound 250% normal !

keep it up, first try failed, 2nd tries jus waitin to happen ! keep us updated :)

Kas1m
09-21-2008, 05:26 AM
You did great though. Maybe try one more time. Why dont you recite the Quran or if not then do Dhikr while walking or doing things. That sure will take your mind off the radio. Plus turn the knob of sincerity to max. Make dua as if you want it to happen and Allah will listen. He is the best listener.

cute123
09-21-2008, 06:46 AM
u know truemuslim, i would try till I succeed. I would try to till i killed the shaitan inside me. or at least ove power it that it does not come between the things that are prescribed and i know that they are wrong. today i heared music - i would get enraged on myself try again again and again and again till i beat the requirement of 'want to hear it'. that is what is known as jihaad which allah subhanawa tallah loves. and finally allah will love you.
-------------------------------------
a small example
u should be a bit tactful with yourself. like i realized that tea was not good as i got addicted to it as drugs. if i didnt had it my head would go mad with such a bad headache i cant describe and i just wanted tea.i decided a clear no to myself. as it was creating acidity and lot other stuff. then i tortured myself for 1 week. whenever i felt like drinking tea specially in the mornings when the head ache was too high i had kept a cup of tea (previous days) with that bad smelling coming out of it - it was the left over in it. whenever i felt that i use to say want to have tea - have it and try smelling that bad odour. i would repel it like nothing else. i kept doing it for 1 week- then i started an inclination towards coffee - i thought that it was more harmful. alhamdulillah ramadan started and now i am without coffee and tea.
then i found out why i need tea. i wanted that major kick off at work in the morning. its like we dont understand what our body wants to say. its like early morning after 1 hour of travel i expect to work immididately - not happening. so i made it a point like every morning doing some work which will freshen me up. like anything uploading videos. or writing something. anything. sparing 15 minutes makes u freshen up for the whole day. similarly find out why u want music - what is it - that u can complete ur body's demand in a halal way. as our aim is not to kill ourself but just to remove the bad habits. this depends on person to person. u might find urslef revolting too much and at times u might even get bugged, but its ok those r the tantrums ur self plays - as it loves to be in ease. u have to get hold of yourself make it do in a calm manner.- aah its too much of advice. but above all - just want u too know - that u r important .
take care
-----------------------------------------

truemuslim
09-22-2008, 12:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ u sound 250% normal !

keep it up, first try failed, 2nd tries jus waitin to happen ! keep us updated :)
no thanks, my teacher already told me how normal i am.:raging:
jazakallah khair :)

You did great though. Maybe try one more time. Why dont you recite the Quran or if not then do Dhikr while walking or doing things. That sure will take your mind off the radio. Plus turn the knob of sincerity to max. Make dua as if you want it to happen and Allah will listen. He is the best listener.
i do recite quran, and i do feel sincere in my prayers and all, now. i never really do but now i do.

format_quote Originally Posted by Asma Shaikh
u know truemuslim, i would try till I succeed. I would try to till i killed the shaitan inside me. or at least ove power it that it does not come between the things that are prescribed and i know that they are wrong. today i heared music - i would get enraged on myself try again again and again and again till i beat the requirement of 'want to hear it'. that is what is known as jihaad which allah subhanawa tallah loves. and finally allah will love you.
-------------------------------------
a small example
u should be a bit tactful with yourself. like i realized that tea was not good as i got addicted to it as drugs. if i didnt had it my head would go mad with such a bad headache i cant describe and i just wanted tea.i decided a clear no to myself. as it was creating acidity and lot other stuff. then i tortured myself for 1 week. whenever i felt like drinking tea specially in the mornings when the head ache was too high i had kept a cup of tea (previous days) with that bad smelling coming out of it - it was the left over in it. whenever i felt that i use to say want to have tea - have it and try smelling that bad odour. i would repel it like nothing else. i kept doing it for 1 week- then i started an inclination towards coffee - i thought that it was more harmful. alhamdulillah ramadan started and now i am without coffee and tea.
then i found out why i need tea. i wanted that major kick off at work in the morning. its like we dont understand what our body wants to say. its like early morning after 1 hour of travel i expect to work immididately - not happening. so i made it a point like every morning doing some work which will freshen me up. like anything uploading videos. or writing something. anything. sparing 15 minutes makes u freshen up for the whole day. similarly find out why u want music - what is it - that u can complete ur body's demand in a halal way. as our aim is not to kill ourself but just to remove the bad habits. this depends on person to person. u might find urslef revolting too much and at times u might even get bugged, but its ok those r the tantrums ur self plays - as it loves to be in ease. u have to get hold of yourself make it do in a calm manner.- aah its too much of advice. but above all - just want u too know - that u r important .
take care
-----------------------------------------
aw sis jazakallah khair, that was very useful :statisfie thanksss. :)

actually after i broke my "not listen to music" thing, i actually surprisingly never broke it again, but right now im getting the urrrrge to redownload chris brown :raging::raging::raging: '
and actualy for the first time ever in my life i actually prayed and felt like the prayer worked. like allah excepted and everything, i prayed some night prayers the first night at like 1am and end at about 3am, and the first prayer my heart felt so much like allah loves me , which i never feel. then it wears off and i go again, and again and again, and so on, then my eyes filled with tears, because its the first time i ever felt that way for real :statisfie in the end, i make my dua, first i go wit first four, then i go with the rest.
they say lailatul qadr shud be on the 26th, but i dont believe they would know when it is at all, every night i'll make sincere, and the past two nights i've made sincere. (i think)

Jazakumallah khair everyone because whenever im about to listen to music or sumthin i remember the exact words of some of u , and i actually am able to resist a bit. :exhausted:statisfie :)

Na7lah
09-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Al-hamdulillah ^

Güven
09-22-2008, 01:18 PM
Thats great to Hear, Alhamdullah :D

IbnAbdulHakim
09-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Alhamdulillaah sis keep it up :D

Kas1m
09-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Im delighted to hear that sister. You should keep this up. Keep praying and spare some time of the night for Allah rather than music because im sure what you felt praying is way better than what Shaytaan makes you feel after music

Nájlá
09-22-2008, 03:25 PM
ur doing well sis keep it up

truemuslim
09-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Jazakumallah khair :) yeh it feels much better than what i felt with music.
but i keep getting the urge to downloooad. see i was done an ddidnt think about music at all, then my bro turned up the radio all the way and something good was on, something i loooove and was addicted to, but i didnt listen to it until now i feel like it. havent yet but i really really really really really want to or im gonna go kill someone! (not really)

Nájlá
09-22-2008, 03:45 PM
i was like that and all my mates were all listenin to music but i just kept strong.

all u need is to keep being strong.

truemuslim
09-22-2008, 03:51 PM
gurl u shud kno by now i am sooo not a strong girl.
i keep opening up the limewire page to Redownload it because i deleted it, but then i close it, then open again, then download, then cancel the download, and right now its downloaded and im THIS close to downloading the songs i wantd...:( plsss make dua or gimme a dua i can say to avoid this impossible stufff!!

Nájlá
09-22-2008, 03:55 PM
i dont know any dua to avoid it but i'll make dua for u.

right now u need to listen to quran that would stop u from downloading the songs.

orrrrr get off the computer and go and pray two rakas. and make dua

Ali.
09-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Just try. It's a battle against yourself now.

m102313
09-22-2008, 04:00 PM
gurl u shud kno by now i am sooo not a strong girl.
i keep opening up the limewire page to Redownload it because i deleted it, but then i close it, then open again, then download, then cancel the download, and right now its downloaded and im THIS close to downloading the songs i wantd...:( plsss make dua or gimme a dua i can say to avoid this impossible stufff!!
It's not impossible, if it was then you wouldn't be able to get rid of this habit. So be positive, and Insha'allah you will. We just make these things seem impossible in our little minds.

truemuslim
09-22-2008, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by najla93
i dont know any dua to avoid it but i'll make dua for u.

right now u need to listen to quran that would stop u from downloading the songs.

orrrrr get off the computer and go and pray two rakas. and make dua
i would get off the computer, but i have schooooolwork!! and unfortunoutly i cant think while doin my school stuff without music. i also cant think right now because my annoying nieghbors are watching tv and i somehow can hear it all the way to here and its really really annoying.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Just try. It's a battle against yourself now.
its always been. besides if it was between me and me i would jus offer a truce and get over it.

It's not impossible, if it was then you wouldn't be able to get rid of this habit. So be positive, and Insha'allah you will. We just make these things seem impossible in our little minds.
sorry no can do, i just think negative, and its impossible.. if it can be possible for two days it would turn back to how it was before,
therefore (:?), its impossible.

jazakumallah khair, just make dua.

m102313
09-22-2008, 04:18 PM
sorry no can do, i just think negative, and its impossible.. if it can be possible for two days it would turn back to how it was before,
therefore (:?), its impossible.

jazakumallah khair, just make dua.
That means your mind is into that stuff, solution is easy, just find an alternative, firstly uninstall programs like limewire, ares and other p2p sharing programs. Download quranic mp3 when u feel like listening to music from here (QuranicAudio.com), get your lazy ass of your computer and play football, cricket whatever u play there in the US, read salah, go to evening classes in ur local mosque, go do extra curricular activities in your school. or else u'll be more tempted to do this if u spend a lot of time on the net.

truemuslim
09-22-2008, 04:25 PM
That means your mind is into that stuff, solution is easy, just find an alternative, firstly uninstall programs like limewire, ares and other p2p sharing programs. Download quranic mp3 when u feel like listening to music from here (QuranicAudio.com), get your lazy ass of your computer and play football, cricket whatever u play there in the US, read salah, go to evening classes in ur local mosque, go do extra curricular activities in your school. or else u'll be more tempted to do this if u spend a lot of time on the net.
i kno im into that stuff. and yeh i just uninstalled limewire and zune :exhausted. and you kno what im gonna get my "lazy self" off the computer, but if im gna do that ima have to listen to music just for a few hours to complete crap school work, then ima go do something islamic and after iftar when it gets dark ima go play tha thing we call BASKETBALL. i dont have any evening classes in the masjid unless your talking about those things people gather up for to play sports and listen to MUSIC?
Jazakallah khair for your advice. ima go do what i said ima do :statisfie
peace!

truemuslim
09-23-2008, 06:07 PM
k am all done. u can do worreva u want wit this thread :)

Re.TiReD
09-23-2008, 08:09 PM
Hope ur getting there sis :)

Actually I hope you're there already :D

I dont wanna burn for having listened to music, such a shame, its not even all that nowadays, with the lame, waste of time lyrics, you can do better than that hun! :p

layla is here
09-23-2008, 09:03 PM
you can do it. Lets us know with an update at the end of Ramadan

bewildred
09-23-2008, 09:13 PM
I think that TrueMuslim is doing just fine. She/He is sometimes giving good avice and considering all the advice given to her/him.

Nájlá
09-23-2008, 09:21 PM
keep us updated sis maybe it would help other members who have the same problem.

wasalaam

Kas1m
10-24-2008, 06:19 PM
I remember this thread

truemuslim
10-24-2008, 06:21 PM
yep nd im done here............... quest over accomplished
still cant believ it :(

Kas1m
10-24-2008, 06:24 PM
yep nd im done here............... quest over accomplished
still cant believ it :(
That is good.

truemuslim
10-27-2008, 01:36 PM
actually i realized this quest , after u accomplish it,,,,,,,,,,,,its just a road to hell

Kas1m
10-27-2008, 02:24 PM
actually i realized this quest , after u accomplish it,,,,,,,,,,,,its just a road to hell
Why? You mean in a bad way?

truemuslim
10-27-2008, 02:26 PM
ya dam right ina bad way. same path as tupac is the only path.

road to hell. notin more, nothin less.

Na7lah
10-27-2008, 02:27 PM
whats going on with ya today? :-\

truemuslim
10-27-2008, 02:29 PM
dont worry u'll get ur experience wen allah "blesses" u too

The Ruler
10-27-2008, 09:51 PM
^You should get over the Allah "blesses" you with it thing, and just find your inner will and strength. You'll find it =]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.