what is the concept if Islamic culture

I wish somebody help me because I'm so confusion about it:raging:

bye

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
09-20-2008, 08:20 PM
wa'alaikum as'salam

alhamdulillah, how are you :)

There is no specific "islamic culture" per se, following the Quran and Sunnah in itself is everything. There are however, islamafied cultures in muslim lands. These are cultures of different nations embedded with Islamic values and norms.

There are three types of culture

1. culture that is good and offers good values and norms such as mentioned in the Quran of "enjoining good and forbidding evil". Ex: raise kids to always speak the truth, be kind to others, don't lie or steal, etc.

2. culture that is neither good or bad and does not matter one way or another.

3. culture that is bad and promotes vice and immoral things. Ex: promoting dating and fornicating from a young age rather then celibacy and value of marriage.

The above 3 aspects exist in all cultures. Islamically the first 2 are acceptable but the third is not. Basically, you can practice your culture so long as it does not contradict Islam in any way. What is acceptable, you can do. what contradicts, you must abandon.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.