/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Whats the difference

ayan333
09-21-2008, 09:55 PM
:sl: brothers and sisters

i was jus wodering..whats the difference between henna art and tattoo art?

now,dont get me wrong here..im not in any way questioning it..i no and accept that both the tattoer and the person who has the tattoo are cursed..

but i jus want to know why henna art is acceptable?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
09-21-2008, 10:35 PM
WaAlykum Alsalaam WarahmatAllah

Thread Approved :)

In his well-known book, The Lawful and the Prohibited in Islam, the prominent Muslim scholar, Sheik Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, states:

“Islam denounces excesses in beautifying oneself when it alters the physical features that Allah created him with. The Glorious Qur'an considers such alterations as inspired by Satan, who "...will command them (his devotees) to change what Allah has created...” (An-Nisa': 119)

Tattooing is one of those excesses. The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have cursed the tattooer and the tattooed. (Reported by Muslim)

Tattooing permanently disfigures the face and other parts of the body with colored pigment and repulsive designs. Some Arabs, especially women, are in the habit of tattooing large areas of their bodies. People of certain religious sects tattoo pictures of their deities or religious rituals on their hands and chests. The pain and agony that the person experiences from the needles piercing skin add to these images. Because of all of this, both the tattooer and the one who is tattooed have been cursed.”

And henna on the other side is non permanent, and none harming so far i know :)

alcurad
09-22-2008, 01:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by raOnar

Tattooing permanently disfigures... with colored pigment and repulsive designs... The pain and agony that the person experiences from the needles piercing skin add to these images. Because of all of this, both the tattooer and the one who is tattooed have been cursed.”
not that I have much knowledge about this issue, but are you saying the 'repulsive' design and pain are the reason for them being cursed? but then isn't a woman wearing an erring in the front of her nose also disfigurement and painful...
and isn't it that tattoos could-to a large extent-be removed using modern methods, so they aren't permanent.
also could it have been that the prophet cursed them because they had, as you said tattoos of their deities and so on instead of the tattoos themselves being forbidden.
just some thoughts that come to mind, not that I'm calling for tattooing to be made into halal if its haram.

------
09-22-2008, 02:41 PM
:salamext:

Tattoo is haraam, Henna/Mehndi is Sunnah and halaal.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
09-22-2008, 02:43 PM
tatoo - permanent scarring

henna - temporary beautification

yazoo
09-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Some people say with regards to ghusl- your ghusl isnt accepte dif you have a tattoo- as water cant reach skin. But I am not certain on this fact.

------
09-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Greetings yazoo,

The requirement is for ghusl is: water should pass over the whole part of body/skin. Assuming tattoo is covering your skin (forbid water to pass over), then it is not permitted.

And Allaah Knows best.

Chuck
09-22-2008, 06:08 PM
one main difference is art tattoo is very painful

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.