/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Everyone's Happy but me..

AnonymousPoster
09-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Salam.
I live in a westernized country and I feel that I have matured faster then other people my age.:thumbs_up Don't get me wrong, I still do wrong from time to time. But ever since I had an epiphany, I try to do good. I was involved with someone that would always promise things they couldn't commit to, such as getting a Halal Nikkah and getting married. I recently realized that, that relationship was going no where but in a circle. I also was unhappy being in Haram relations with someone. It made me feel guilty and dirty. As soon as I had a sense of clarity, I preformed the Istikharah prayer and asked Allah (subhaanahu wa ta' aala) for guidance. Ever since that day, I have not had relations with that man. Also he would usually call me but he stopped. I assumed Allah (subhaanahu wa ta' aala) made it easier for me to get out of that haram relationship. So from that my epiphany came. Now I am more into my deen but the only problem for me is. Sometimes, when I see other couples (outside holding hands/or on t.v.) it makes me want to get married. I don't mean for the “sake just to have someone”. But on serious terms, I just feel I am ready. But the issue is being patient because Allah (subhaanahu wa ta' aala) knows all and knows whats best for me. I can be patient but sometimes I have doubts and get worried that I will be waiting for a long time. I try to keep myself busy with going to the mosque and doing other activities to keep my mind of this issue. Sometimes I feel sad and it makes my emaan low.:cry: I don't know what to do...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
09-21-2008, 10:44 PM
WaAlykumAlsalaam

Thread approved :)

S_87
09-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Always have faith in Allah sister, what you may see as happiness may not be happiness. many people may give an outward appearance of being happy when infact they are tearing themselves up insdie for whatever reason.
If you want to get married then is there something that is stopping you? like besides not finding the right person yet?
Make loads of dua in these last ten nights and InshaAllah you will be blessed with someone who makes you happy and loves you :)

AnonymousPoster
09-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Salam.
Shukran sister for your advice, I will do a lot of dua and prayer.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SubhanAllah!
09-21-2008, 11:23 PM
as Salaam alaykum wa rehmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I pray Allah s.w.t. joins you with a partner who loves Allah and will strive with you for jannah.

If you pray to Allah and make the effort, then inshaAllah help will come.

However, if you do not find such a person remember the story of Asiya (ra)

"And for those who have faith Allâh has set forth a parable in the (story) of Fir'aun's wife when she prayed: O my sustainer! Build for me a mansion in paradise by You and save me from Fir'aun and his doings and save me from all evil doing people." (at-Tahrim :11)

She was with a person she did not love anymore, but rather be in paradise in a mansion built by Allah s.w.t.

Lastly, I do not think everyone is happy or this forum would not have this many posts. Saying these kinds of things only fuels the doubt and lets the shaytaan sneak in. Close these avenues for him.

Take care of yourself. Be strong. Have patience and faith.

wa alaykum as salaam wa rehmatullahi wa barakatuh,

WomanOfJihad
09-21-2008, 11:33 PM
Dearst Sister mashAllah ur very luky that Allah has guided u to the straight path n saved u from goin astray. Subhanallah all i can say is just do qadar ( appreciate) of what Allah has given you (i.e. stronger iman than before) u've come this far so dnt let ur doubts n couples mke u upset. Inshallah WE all have to marry someday.. n Alllah KNOWS the DAY the DATE n the TIME wen ull b married.
mashallah u r ready but mayb Allah is making that SOMEONE ready for you as well.. n once Allah has made him READY.. allah will bring him to you :-) so sis dnt b put off. n have FAITH in ALLAH.

FASABRUN JAMEEL

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.