/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how much time between end of sehri and fajr

innocent
09-22-2008, 02:39 PM
I have been praying fajr after sehri ends but I noticed on the timetable this morning that fajr was half an hour later than end of sehri. but i think this was based on jamat times. I dont know.
What is the correct amount of time?

Also when can you read fajr till. If it starts at 05.15 can I read it at 5.45? whats the deadline?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IB-Staff
09-22-2008, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by innocent
I have been praying fajr after sehri ends but I noticed on the timetable this morning that fajr was half an hour later than end of sehri. but i think this was based on jamat times. I dont know.
What is the correct amount of time?
Sehri time ends at the start of Fajr. To know today's sehri end time and start of Fajr time, visit Sehri Time Today

For precaution, you can stop eating early and recite a few verses of the Quran as mentioned in the Hadith quoted above. That would be around 10-15 minutes before the Fajr Azan.

Also when can you read fajr till. If it starts at 05.15 can I read it at 5.45? whats the deadline?
Fajr should be prayed before sunrise. If Fajr starts at 5:15 and sunrise is at 5:45 then you can pray any time within this. In this case, sehri ends before 5:15 and Fajr ends at 5:45

islamirama
09-22-2008, 04:09 PM
The time for Suhoor is between the middle of the night and dawn. It is considered best to delay it (that is, as close to dawn a possible).

The Prophet (S) said: "Hasten the breaking of the fast and delay the Suhoor". [Sahih al-Jami`]

Zaid ibn Thabit reported: "We ate Suhoor with the Messenger of Allah and then we got up for the prayer. He was asked: 'What was the amount of time between the two?' He responded: '[The time it would take to recite] fifty ayat."' [al-Bukhari and Muslim].
'Amr ibn Maimun adds: "The companions of Muhammad (S), would be the first to break the fast and the last to eat their Suhoor." [al-Baihaqi, Abdur-Razzaq and al-Haithami; Sahih]

The Prophet (S) said: "We, the Prophets, have been ordered to hasten breaking the fast, delay the Suhoor, and to put our right hand on the left one in prayer". [Sahih al-Jami`]

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dawaah/message/1887

innocent
09-23-2008, 03:56 AM
Yes but that still doesnt answer my questions.
Fifty ayat.
How do I work that out?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamirama
09-23-2008, 03:59 AM
Yes but that still doesnt answer my questions.
Fifty ayat.
How do I work that out?
try reciting 50 verses and time yourself :)

it takes about 30-45minutes if you must know. It's just better to keep an eye outside to see if the white thread comes apparent from the black one, then stop eating.

innocent
09-23-2008, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
try reciting 50 verses and time yourself :)

it takes about 30-45minutes if you must know. It's just better to keep an eye outside to see if the white thread comes apparent from the black one, then stop eating.
Thanks.
Eating is not the issue here. Its fajr time that im on about. The question was not about when to stop eating.

------
09-23-2008, 11:13 AM
:salamext:

Sis none of us are scholars here, and I think this questions requires for a scholar to answer.

BlackMamba
09-23-2008, 11:15 AM
You can pray Fajr up till about the time of sunrise(Ishraq)
You can eat up to beginning of Fajr (best to stop 10-15 before)
This is my knowledge correct me if im wrong

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.