/* */

PDA

View Full Version : just wondering..are you allowed to Pray with kameez

ayan333
09-22-2008, 08:20 PM
:sl:

with out offending anyone i want to know why alot of people.from either Pakistan,bangladesh,culture,ect Pray with Kameez..or is it called Salwar Kameez

i understand some hav elong shirts or long sleaves but
dont get me wrong,i have alot of friends from those countries but isnt not allowed to Pray in..after all your not suppose to ware only pants while Praying,hands should b covered and scarf should be covering hair not neck

i know its a culture things.. and again please dnt get me w rong,i have met many kind sisters frim these countries but the Imams of many Masjids have stressed and said that this is not acceptable while Praying

jus wondering if theres any proof that its acceptable,because if it is i really do want to know or if its jus a culture thing that wont change

again..please please dont get me wrong

JazakALLAH Khair
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
09-22-2008, 08:24 PM
WaAlykumAlsalaam :D

Thread approved :)

Whats a kameez sorry ?

ayan333
09-22-2008, 08:25 PM

attachment

this

AnonymousPoster
09-22-2008, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

with out offending anyone i want to know why alot of people.from either Pakistan,bangladesh,culture,ect Pray with Kameez..or is it called Salwar Kameez

i understand some hav elong shirts or long sleaves but
dont get me wrong,i have alot of friends from those countries but isnt not allowed to Pray in..after all your not suppose to ware only pants while Praying,hands should b covered and scarf should be covering hair not neck

i know its a culture things.. and again please dnt get me w rong,i have met many kind sisters frim these countries but the Imams of many Masjids have stressed and said that this is not acceptable while Praying

jus wondering if theres any proof that its acceptable,because if it is i really do want to know or if its jus a culture thing that wont change

again..please please dont get me wrong

JazakALLAH Khair
asalamuALyakum

Post a picture,

If its what I think it is, they show your arms, you need to cover your arms in prayer.

WassalamuAlaykum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ayan333
09-22-2008, 08:32 PM

the ones i usually see i didnt wnat to post because the models were too..you know..so ill leave it at this

i tend to see many different combinations but there all usally pants and short sleave shirt..pants stop at ankels so feet are showing also

Afraa
09-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Ayan333 i agree with you on this, i also wonder why women wear this in prayers. I've seen women at mosques with tight jeans and tight shirts praying.

Subhanallah i personally don't think thats allowed but am not here to judge them.

ayan333
09-22-2008, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Afraa
Ayan333 i agree with you on this, i also wonder why women wear this in prayers. I've seen women at mosques with tight jeans and tight shirts praying.

Subhanallah i personally don't think thats allowed but am not here to judge them.

yaeh..i was wondering the samethings

ive met many sweet sisters who are haifz Qur'an and are very knowledgable but still ware this to Pray

ive been told that if you see something worng..in this case,feet showing,scarf falling..your suppose to correct it bcuase on the dat of Jundgement ALLAH (SWA) will ask y you didnt say anything or correct your sister in Islam..but i feel like i dont know how to say this to women 50 years older then me,or even girls my age,i dont know..i might come off as being rude or what ever

Re.TiReD
09-22-2008, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333
and scarf should be covering hair not neck

huh ^^ so sis whats wrong with covering the neck aswell of the hair? Sis as far as I know we can wear whatever we want as long as the clothing isnt too tight, as long as we arent uncovered in any way and in some madhabs the feet and hands can be left uncovered. Wallahu A'lam.

Read this insha'Allah it should answer most of your questions :)

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/32993...and%20clothing

Amatullah_
09-22-2008, 08:54 PM
You must be covered from head to toe (except face, hands and feet) in order for your prayer to be valid. Transparent clothes that shows your skin is not allowed.
You can pray in salwar kameez ONLY IF it covers you up (long sleeves,non transparent etc)
I dont wear salwar kameez but I do know that those who do, usually the sleeves (long sleeves) reaches just to the wrist and doesnt cover the wrist fully when in salaah, hence the salaah wont count. And the same goes for the pants. When bending in salaah the ankles are revealing.
Another thing, when some women observe salaah they tend to be unmindful of their hair being revealed and the neck. Salaah wont be valid unless all these parts of our bodies are properly covered.
Why are we praying salaah if were gonna ignore the rulings? We must keep in mind that we're standing infront of our Creator, we should be dressed modestly and accordingly.
Im not sure about the tight jeans and thight shirts. :uuh:
The best thing is to wear a jilbaab. No worries!

Re.TiReD
09-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Good post masha'Allah ^^ :thumbs_up

Na7lah
09-22-2008, 09:01 PM
huh ^^ so sis whats wrong with covering the neck aswell of the hair?
lol, i think she means, there are some sisters that just wrap the hijab around there necks others wear it over their head but the hair still shows alot

they're not all like that, some of the shalwar kameezes *don't know how you write it* are loose with long sleeves,

Re.TiReD
09-22-2008, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
lol, i think she means, there are some sisters that just wrap the hijab around there necks others wear it over their head but the hair still shows alot

they're not all like that, some of the shalwar kameezes *don't know how you write it* are loose with long sleeves,
Ahh jazakAllah khayr

sis I think its a rare few and maybe the ones you know that do not have the 'ilm or have it but to not practise, thats where you and ur gentle da'wah comes in sis :D

Na7lah
09-22-2008, 09:08 PM
sis I think its a rare few and maybe the ones you know that do not have the 'ilm or have it but to not practise, thats where you and ur gentle da'wah comes in sis
yep :) alot of the sisters here take heed of the advices they get walhamdulillah so that good :)

ayan333
09-23-2008, 03:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
Ahh jazakAllah khayr

sis I think its a rare few and maybe the ones you know that do not have the 'ilm or have it but to not practise, thats where you and ur gentle da'wah comes in sis :D

true

thanks for th explanations everyone

JazakALLAH Khair

*~~AdAn~~*
09-23-2008, 06:35 AM
:sl:almost same kind of Q were in my mind i hve seen many Alimahs sisters they come on Tv with full make up on their faces and u will find a male ailms or mouvlanas sitting infront of them and thay are discussing islam and hadit same is the case with nasheed female singers these sisters and brothers have got religion education from madrasses how do they justify themselves when they are ignoring few part from quran like (surah noor verse no: 30 and 31 and surah azhab verse about women hijab ) while discussing few others verse frm the same book

------
09-23-2008, 12:31 PM
:salamext:

You have got to be kidding me. :-\

Na7lah
09-23-2008, 12:38 PM
if its loose and your arms or feet aren't showing, there's nothin wrong with it...

Re.TiReD
09-23-2008, 12:44 PM
huh ^^ so sis whats wrong with covering the neck aswell of the hair? Sis as far as I know we can wear whatever we want as long as the clothing isnt too tight, as long as we arent uncovered in any way and in some madhabs the feet and hands can be left uncovered. Wallahu A'lam.

Read the fatwa insha'Allah ^^

Z-Blade
09-24-2008, 03:06 AM

:salamext:,

Actually it's not enough to just cover hair and neck with the scarf, since Allah Himself says in the Quran to cover the chest area with the scarf too:

24:31
وَقُل لِّلْمُؤْمِنَاتِ يَغْضُضْنَ مِنْ أَبْصَارِهِنَّ وَيَحْفَظْنَ فُرُوجَهُنَّ وَلَا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا وَلْيَضْرِبْنَ بِخُمُرِهِنَّ عَلَى جُيُوبِهِنَّ وَلَا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا لِبُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ آبَائِهِنَّ أَوْ آبَاء بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ أَبْنَائِهِنَّ أَوْ أَبْنَاء بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ إِخْوَانِهِنَّ أَوْ بَنِي إِخْوَانِهِنَّ أَوْ بَنِي أَخَوَاتِهِنَّ أَوْ نِسَائِهِنَّ أَوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُهُنَّ أَوِ التَّابِعِينَ غَيْرِ أُوْلِي الْإِرْبَةِ مِنَ الرِّجَالِ أَوِ الطِّفْلِ الَّذِينَ لَمْ يَظْهَرُوا عَلَى عَوْرَاتِ النِّسَاء وَلَا يَضْرِبْنَ بِأَرْجُلِهِنَّ لِيُعْلَمَ مَا يُخْفِينَ مِن زِينَتِهِنَّ وَتُوبُوا إِلَى اللَّهِ جَمِيعًا أَيُّهَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ

And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms, etc.) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.

Here's the tafsir from Tafsir Ibn Kathir:

(and to draw their veils all over their Juyub) means that they should wear the outer garment in such a way as to cover their chests and ribs, so that they will be different from the women of the Jahiliyyah, who did not do that but would pass in front of men with their chests completely uncovered, and with their necks, forelocks, hair and earrings uncovered. So Allah commanded the believing women to cover themselves, as He says:

﴿يأَيُّهَا النَّبِىُّ قُل لاًّزْوَجِكَ وَبَنَـتِكَ وَنِسَآءِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ يُدْنِينَ عَلَيْهِنَّ مِن جَلَـبِيبِهِنَّ ذلِكَ أَدْنَى أَن يُعْرَفْنَ فَلاَ يُؤْذَيْنَ﴾

(O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks all over their bodies. That will be better, that they should be known, so as not to be annoyed) ﴿33:59﴾ And in this noble Ayah He said:

﴿وَلْيَضْرِبْنَ بِخُمُرِهِنَّ عَلَى جُيُوبِهِنَّ﴾

(and to draw their (Khumur) veils all over their Juyub) Khumur (veils) is the plural of Khimar, which means something that covers, and is what is used to cover the head. This is what is known among the people as a veil. Sa`id bin Jubayr said:

﴿وَلْيَضْرِبْنَ﴾

(and to draw) means to pull it around and tie it securely.

﴿بِخُمُرِهِنَّ عَلَى جُيُوبِهِنَّ﴾

(their veils all over their Juyub) means, over their necks and chests so that nothing can be seen of them. Al-Bukhari recorded that `A'ishah, may Allah be pleased with her, said: "May Allah have mercy on the women of the early emigrants. When Allah revealed the Ayah:

(and to draw their veils all over their Juyub), they tore their aprons and Akhtamar themselves with them.'' He also narrated from Safiyyah bint Shaybah that `A'ishah, may Allah be pleased with her, used to say: "When this Ayah:

(and to draw their veils all over their Juyub) was revealed, they took their Izars (waistsheets) and tore them at the edges, and Akhtamar themselves with them.''

Wassalam.

Re.TiReD
09-24-2008, 12:17 PM
^^ JazakAllah khayr, but I mentioned neck only since it was in response to the sisters post and wat she said sounded fishy.

I thought it was a given that sisters would cover their chests since I hope nobody wears that small/short a hijab. Wallahu A'lam

WassalamuAlaykum

Z-Blade
09-26-2008, 12:43 AM
^^ JazakAllah khayr, but I mentioned neck only since it was in response to the sisters post and wat she said sounded fishy.

I thought it was a given that sisters would cover their chests since I hope nobody wears that small/short a hijab. Wallahu A'lam

WassalamuAlaykum
:salamext:,

Wa iyyaki, you'd be suprised at some people's ignorance :o. Some think hijab means to just cover the hair or hair/neck, I blame the parents :O.

format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -
:salamext:

You have got to be kidding me. :-\
:wasalamex:,

If you didn't know, then I don't think Allah would reject your prayers etc. since we are not held to account for what we don't know, so inshaAllah just make sure to cover up properly when you pray now otherwise it definitely won't be accepted :O. Allahu A'lam.

Wassalam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.