/* */

PDA

View Full Version : anyone please help

__follower
09-24-2008, 07:50 AM
ok so i want some advice i cant stop listening to music what should i do

2 .and i heard from some of my friends that music is allowed in Islam not sure :?

thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SubhanAllah!
09-24-2008, 10:18 AM
:sl:

Try to listen to Islamic lectures(doesn't have to be about music, just anything!). InshaAllah this will affect your heart and keep you away from doing haram things because it will strengthen your Imaan and when you are about to do something you know is wrong, your heartbeat will pick up the pace. Stop, think for a moment and turn away from whatever you are about to do.

For proofs on the issue of music being haram, here are couple links:

If you like to read the textual proofs then here you go:
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/5000/music

If you like to listen to a lecture about it then here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RthlUOYkI7M

I haven't listened to this lecture myself, but my cousins who have, they left listening to music afterwards and these were people whom music was a part of their daily diet.

:w:

_ALI_
09-25-2008, 04:59 AM
Salam
Try to listen to really nice Qiraat of Quran. That really helps. As for music being Haram, here is the reply by Dr. Zakir Naik
PROHIBITION OF MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS

Question: I have a doubt about playing of musical instruments. Is this an act of Satan?

Faiz-ullah-Khan, Jammu and Kashmir.

A. Prohibition of music is recorded in many authentic Ahadith.

Narrated Abu Malik Al-Ashari:

"The Messenger (pbuh) of Allah (SWT) said, "Some people of my Ummah will drink wine, calling it by other than its real name, merriment will be made for them through the playing of musical instruments and the singing of lady singers. Allah will cleave the earth under them and turn others into monkeys and swines.

[Ibn Ma'jah Vol.5 Hadith No.4020]

Narrated Abu Amir or Abu Malik Al Ashari that he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol.7 Hadith No.5590]

However, there are some Ahadith which indicate that it is permissible to beat the ‘daff’ i.e. the tambourine (which is open on one side and covered on the other).

Narrated Urwa on the authority of Aisha

“On the days of Mina, (11th, 12th, and 13th of Dhul-Hijjah) Abu Bakr came to her while two young girls were beating the tambourine (daff) and the Prophet was lying covered with his clothes. Abu Bakr scolded them. The Prophet uncovered his face and said to Abu Bakr, "Leave them, for these days are the days of 'Id and the days of Mina."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol.2 Hadith No.987]

Narrated Ar Rabi (the daughter of Muawwidh bin Afra):

“After the consummation of my marriage, the Prophet came and sat on my bed as far from me as you are sitting now, and our little girls started beating the tambourines (daff) and reciting elegiac verses mourning my father, who had been killed in the battle of Badr. One of them said, ‘Among us is a Prophet who knows what will happen tomorrow.’ On that the Prophet said, ‘Leave this (saying) and keep on saying the verses which you had been saying before.’ [Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol.7 Hadith No.5147]

Therefore from the above evidence it is concluded that the use of musical instruments in general is forbidden in Islam, with the exception of the 'Daff'.

Music usually intoxicates a person and takes one away from the path of Allah (swt). Music engages a person’s mind and takes him/her away from the remembrance of his/her Creator and from realizing and focusing his/her attention on the purpose of his/her creation. In musical songs, most of the times the listeners even appreciate illogical, incorrect and blasphemous matter and content. A person will realize this when he starts pondering over the meaning of many Hindi and English songs, lyrics and ghazals. Here we find that it is because of music that the person’s mind is intoxicated and the person deviates from the straight path. And Allah Knows the Best.
SOURCE:http://www.irf.net/irf/faqonislam/index.htm

IbnAbdulHakim
09-25-2008, 10:40 AM
musics haram bro

to get over it recite Quran :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
julie sarri
09-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Get rid of all the cd's when you do stop listening to music insha'Allah this will also increase your Eemaan and and you will be able to increase acts of worship

------
09-25-2008, 12:51 PM
:salamext:

Getting rid of listening to music - no matter what advice one gives, it is a constant struggle that one battles with throughout his life.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-25-2008, 12:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

Getting rid of listening to music - no matter what advice one gives, it is a constant struggle that one battles with throughout his life.
disagreed

it can be overcome easily if u recite enough Quran

------
09-25-2008, 12:53 PM

^ No offence, but that doesnt work for me. If you've grown up with listening to music all your life, it aint easy to stop listening to it right there and then.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-25-2008, 12:55 PM

^ No offence, but that doesnt work for me. If you've grown up with listening to music all your life, it aint easy to stop listening to it right there and then.
u eva dun 2 weeks of constant Quran recitation wivout music?

------
09-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Yup. Well not constant 24/7, but yeh. Last year.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Yup. Well not constant 24/7, but yeh. Last year.
do it again ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!