/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Attention to all muslim brothers and sisters

be sensible
09-24-2008, 08:39 PM
I am planning to write a book based on Islam aiming at muslim youth. The aim of the book is to get the youth thinkining about the islam and the importance our religion plays in every day life. And inshallah if the book is success my aim is to donate some of the money to charity.

Basically let me give you an overview of what my book is goint to be based on:

ways of becoming more pious
ways of dealing with stress anxiety
The role we play on society
Ways in which ones path can be made easy
what media portays
generally tackling main issues that youth face today,

Just wanted to get a generalised view and whether this would be something you as youth will be interested in and what other issues you think I could include to help you with your every day life and the things in life that you find difficult to deal with and think those areas are not fully exploited:).

Thank you in advance and please prey that Allah (swt) gives me the courage and strentgh to complete this task. Ameen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Na7lah
09-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Thread Approved

Re.TiReD
09-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Sounds good so far masha'Allah :thumbs_up

SubhanAllah!
09-25-2008, 01:05 AM
:sl:

Hey great idea brother.

I think an important issue for youth is balancing deen and dunya. Being cool in society, but being a pious Muslim at the same time is something youth struggle with.

May Allah assist you in your work.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
_ALI_
09-25-2008, 04:35 AM
Salam
I hope that your book is a success. I would advise you to quote Quran and Hadith as much as possible to back up your points. Some authors while writing a religious book do not quote the religious scriptures and only present their logic and opinion.

be sensible
10-02-2008, 11:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by _ALI_
Salam
I hope that your book is a success. I would advise you to quote Quran and Hadith as much as possible to back up your points. Some authors while writing a religious book do not quote the religious scriptures and only present their logic and opinion.
Thank you for the replies Inshallah my aim is to quote much quote and hadith as possible to build awareness.

Khalil_Allah
10-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Gosh we need this so badly! I am saddened here in the states by what the muslim kids do. I thought when I converted that all the Muslims were the religious ones that knew all about how to act good and these things, but it turned out that many were even worse than some of the non-believers!

You know, the problem is that most of the kids in the West don't want to hear these things. They just want to have fun and be free like all the non-muslim kids.

While you probably want to speak to all the Muslim kids out there, especially those who are turning astray, the reality is that the only kids that are going to read it are those who are seriously struggling in the path of Allah. Those whose parents are helping them and leading them properly.

It is like the prophets peace be upon them who were sent ONLY for the believers, not to spread the message to the world.

That being said, you can really provide some help to those who are trying. We live in a world of nastiness and people are driven by their most base desires. The money gets you anything you want, bad or good. Teach them how to fight these lower desires. Teach them how to see all the cool kids doing drinking/dating/etc., but to stay away themselves.

This I believe is the best thing.

Zahida
10-03-2008, 08:39 PM
:sl:This is a brilliant idea. I am a teacher in an all girls school aged from 11 to 18 and i see that something like this will be very beneficial. Allhumdolillah. Some of the girls i teach have issues such as marraige and freedom. I try to help accordingly, and advise as i also have a teenage daughter myself. If you are aiming at girls please consider these two issues as a form of discussion. Thankyou :w:
format_quote Originally Posted by be sensible
I am planning to write a book based on Islam aiming at muslim youth. The aim of the book is to get the youth thinkining about the islam and the importance our religion plays in every day life. And inshallah if the book is success my aim is to donate some of the money to charity.

Basically let me give you an overview of what my book is goint to be based on:

ways of becoming more pious
ways of dealing with stress anxiety
The role we play on society
Ways in which ones path can be made easy
what media portays
generally tackling main issues that youth face today,

Just wanted to get a generalised view and whether this would be something you as youth will be interested in and what other issues you think I could include to help you with your every day life and the things in life that you find difficult to deal with and think those areas are not fully exploited:).

Thank you in advance and please prey that Allah (swt) gives me the courage and strentgh to complete this task. Ameen

Musaafirah
10-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Masha'allah I reckon this is a great idea!
As Khalil_Allah's pointed out, it seems that quite a lot of the muslim youth aren't interested which is saddening to see..
So if there could be a way to address this issue also that would be great..
But then also a book like this would also be great for anyone :D
May Allah reward you in your efforts sis!

czgibson
10-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Greetings,

Your book sounds like it could be a very good thing - good luck with it. :)

Peace

be sensible
10-04-2008, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl:This is a brilliant idea. I am a teacher in an all girls school aged from 11 to 18 and i see that something like this will be very beneficial. Allhumdolillah. Some of the girls i teach have issues such as marraige and freedom. I try to help accordingly, and advise as i also have a teenage daughter myself. If you are aiming at girls please consider these two issues as a form of discussion. Thankyou :w:
Assalamualikum Thankyou all for your comments I will inshallah take all views on board.

Thankyou for your comments sister thats a very good points that you have raised I totally agree with you I think as youth we forget the fundemental views that islam potays about love marriage compared to what is portayed to the youngster. The way media portays love and marriage to the youth may come across as innocent and it can seen as a natural thing and its a way of life for most. But most youngsters fail to recognise that it is just like an illusion and things are not as they seem. And without having the knowledge and the understanding of the issues and how it can affect their life in the long term can lead to making rather harsh decisions.

The aim would be to really demonstrate issues as they are and get people thinking and understanding deeper meaning of life.

Zahida
10-04-2008, 09:37 PM
:sl: You are most welcome, we need to educate parents though as well as our children, I felt really sad recently when a year 11 student of mine left school to go to Pakistan and get marriedbecause her father had arranged it.... I am so confused of the mentality of people and feel very strongly about such matters that i often land in trouble

However well done, and i hope you succeed with your project. Ameen:w::statisfie
format_quote Originally Posted by be sensible
Assalamualikum Thankyou all for your comments I will inshallah take all views on board.

Thankyou for your comments sister thats a very good points that you have raised I totally agree with you I think as youth we forget the fundemental views that islam potays about love marriage compared to what is portayed to the youngster. The way media portays love and marriage to the youth may come across as innocent and it can seen as a natural thing and its a way of life for most. But most youngsters fail to recognise that it is just like an illusion and things are not as they seem. And without having the knowledge and the understanding of the issues and how it can affect their life in the long term can lead to making rather harsh decisions.

The aim would be to really demonstrate issues as they are and get people thinking and understanding deeper meaning of life.

be sensible
10-04-2008, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl: You are most welcome, we need to educate parents though as well as our children, I felt really sad recently when a year 11 student of mine left school to go to Pakistan and get marriedbecause her father had arranged it.... I am so confused of the mentality of people and feel very strongly about such matters that i often land in trouble

However well done, and i hope you succeed with your project. Ameen:w::statisfie
certainly I think in order target any problem we do have to find the root cause. Unfortunately in many cases young youth often go astray due to their upbringings or the way of life at home where they find little support or no support at all. some parents not saying all fail to understand the tangeble aspect of ones life and fail to recognised as well giving them istructions they need to give them guidence and support to incourage them to make decision instead of inforcing their opinions on to the kids. Yet as in the culture we live in people are always quick to judge but yet no body tries to do anything or offer the support to help the person bounce back or show them way out.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.