/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The meaning of "Allah wills" I need a clear explanation

A_Way_Of_Life
09-25-2008, 01:24 AM
As-salam-alakum

I am really in need of explanation, I am about to go crazy because of my confusion. I really hope to get a clear answer, inshaallah

This might be a long post and I apologize but I need to let everything out of my mind to make my question clear and if no one can answer it then I might ask somewhere else.

I thought I knew the meaning of al-Qadr (Predestination), the sixth pillar of belief.

What I always thought was a person was granted free choices (when it came to matters to be good or bad) and Allah (SWT) knows what choices they make and his knowledge does not make anyone do anything.

Recently I started to read about Al-Qadr again because I became confused about people having choices to be good or bad ( some of you might remember that other thread that I made).

I read these Hadith and see:

Abdullah (b. Mas'ud) reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) who is the most truthful (of the human beings) and his being truthful (is a fact) said: Verily your creation is on this wise. The constituents of one of you are collected for forty days in his mother's womb in the form of blood, after which it becomes a clot of blood in another period of forty days. Then it becomes a lump of flesh and forty days later Allah sends His angel to it with instructions concerning four things, so the angel writes down his livelihood, his death, his deeds, his fortune and misfortune. By Him, besides Whom there is no god, that one amongst you acts like the people deserving Paradise until between him and Paradise there remains but the distance of a cubit, when suddenly the writing of destiny overcomes him and he begins to act like the denizens of Hell and thus enters Hell, and another one acts in the way of the denizens of Hell, until there remains between him and Hell a distance of a cubit that the writing of destiny overcomes him and then he begins to act like the people of Paradise and enters Paradise.

All reported: We were in a funeral in the graveyard of Gharqad that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came to us and we sat around him. He had a stick with him. He lowered his head and began to scratch the earth with his stick, and then raid: There is not one amongst you whom a scat in Paradise or Hell has not been allotted and about whom it has not been written down whether he would be an evil person or a blessed person. A person said: Allah's Messenger, should we not then depend npon our destiny and abandon our deeds? Thereupon he said: Acts of everyone will be facilitated in, that which has been created for him so that whoever belongs to the com. pany of the blessed will have good works made easier for himand whoever belongs to the unfortunate ones will have evil acts made easier for him. He then recited this verse (from the Qur'an):" Then, who gives to the needy and guardsagainst evil and accepts the excellent (the truth of Islam and the path of righteousness it prescribes), We shall make easy for him the easy end and who is miserly and considers himself above need, We shall make easy for him the dificult end". (XCii. 5-10).

Abdullah b. Amr b. al-'As reported that he heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Verily, the hearts of all the sons of Adam are between the two fingers out of the fingers of the Compassionate Lord as one heart. He turns that to any (direction) He likes. Then Allahs Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: 0 Allah, the Turner of the hearts, turn our hearts to Thine obedience.

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying. Allah fixed the very portion of adultery which a man will indulge in. There would be no escape from it. The adultery of the eye is the lustful look and the adultery of the ears is listening to voluptuous (song or talk) and the adultery of the tongue is licentious speech and the adultery of the hand is the lustful grip (embrace) and the adultery of the feet is to walk (to the place) where he intends to commit adultery and the heart yearns and desires which he may or may not put into effect.

Then we read in the Quran:

Verily this is no less than a Message to (all) the Worlds: (27) (With profit) to whoever among you wills to go straight. (28) But ye shall not will except as Allah wills the Cherisher of the Worlds. (29) Quran 81

Many are the Jinns and men We have made for Hell: they have hearts wherewith they understand not, eyes wherewith they see not, and ears wherewith they hear not. They are like cattle nay more misguided: for they are heedless (of warning). Quran 7: 179

It just seems all humans and Jinns are held accountable only because they did not know what was written what they would do.

Then there are verses which speak of people only accepting Islam only if Allah opens there hearts and only if Allah guides them.

I read that we can never blame Allah (SWT) or the Qadr for the sins we do just because we did not know it was written and we can only use the Qadr for our sins as an excuse and a calamity only if we repent which we can not do unless Allah (SWT) has decreed this and has guided us to repentance. This makes no sense!

From what I have read a person will never believe and do good deeds unless Allah (SWT) decrees which has been decided long before we were created, and we are held accountable only because we did not know it was predestined.

Without doubt, to me Al-Qadr is the most confusing thing in Islam.

If what I think is true, then how are we any different than Angels?

What is the real meaning of "Allah Wills"? does it mean if Allah "makes you do it"? or if "Allah makes it happen"?

If I said anything wrong may Allah (SWT) forgive me.

I fear I will never understand this, are we supposed to understand this?

Once again, I am sorry for the long post.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
A_Way_Of_Life
09-25-2008, 03:31 PM
No one here can help me?

I am about to go crazy!!

I am this close to just giving up doing good deeds, I don't even do much good deeds other than prayer and fasting, I am in deep despair.

I wasted this whole Ramadan not doing much good deeds because of this Qadr issue.

I know I am not supposed to be like this but it can't be helped.

islamirama
09-25-2008, 03:39 PM
You just need more knowledge and reading on this. It's the last 10 nights, so some are not wasting time on here while others who don't care much about making most of the 10 nights are posting pictures and having fun. If you want serious answer then wait a little and quit thinking about it, it's not that hard to comprehend for it to drive you crazy.

A_Way_Of_Life
09-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Oh, that explains why this place has not been busy, ok, I might come back later then. Inshallah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamirama
09-25-2008, 04:49 PM
In the mean time,visit this thread

http://www.islamicboard.com/aqeedah/...r-destiny.html

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-25-2008, 08:18 PM
:sl:

Without doubt, to me Al-Qadr is the most confusing thing in Islam.
No,it's is one of those things which needs to be studied in depth with a scholar specializing in Aqeedah as there aren't any 'one-line' answers that can be given to these variant questions that you won't find here.

If what I think is true, then how are we any different than Angels?
Because I had the choice to either respond to this thread or not. You had the choice to either start the thread or not. I have the choice to stop writing this sentence. But whatever choices we make, Allaah already knows it. A person has the choice to become Muslim or remain otherwise. However, his choice is already known by Allaah and his destination as well. It's like I have a glass in my hand and I'm going to drop it. I know that its destination is going to be the floor and that its going to get shattered, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to let it drop and let it shatter.

I fear I will never understand this, are we supposed to understand this?
The thing is, you are trying to use your intellect in an area where it can never function to the level you want it to, therefore you are doomed to failure because your basic premises are wrong.

Ibn Abbas said, "Qadr is the secret of Allah that He has concealed from His servants. So whoever attempts to unlock this secret will end up disbelieving in Allah."

A_Way_Of_Life
09-26-2008, 12:14 AM
islamirama- Thanks for the link. :)

Abu Sayyad- Thanks for the information, it did help. :)

I do feel a little better now.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.