/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Malt Beer halal??

ninetrey
09-25-2008, 02:50 PM
watup everybody

i got a question about malt beer.

is it ok for a muslim to drink it because theres still a lil bit of alcohol left in malt beer(-0,5%)!!!!so how do you do it do you still drink it or did you even know that?

what do you think?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SixTen
09-25-2008, 04:12 PM
0.5%? You wouldn't be allowed.

Indeed, Muslims need to understand the process of making so-called non-alcoholic beers or wines. The process to make alcoholic and non-alcoholic beers and wines is the same. Both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beers and wines are haram. Once the beer or the wine is produced, alcohol is extracted from it to make it non-alcoholic. Never is 100 percent of the alcohol removed. The Islamic principle is that if the whole of a thing is haram, the part of it is also haram. By that principle non-alcoholic beers and wines are haram.

Responding to the question, the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore, states the following:

Thank you for your query.

Our position is that non-alcoholic beer is not halal. Our position is based on the premise that

1. It is drunk as an alternative to something which is haram, that is, alcoholic beer.

2. The culture of wine and beer drinking which the drink entails is non-Islamic and, therefore, haram.

Therefore, based on the principle of blocking the doors to transgression in Islamic jurisprudence, non-alcoholic beer is haram.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-25-2008, 04:13 PM
lol its pretty cool that ur askin being a christian n all

lol

crayon
09-25-2008, 10:40 PM
"1. It is drunk as an alternative to something which is haram, that is, alcoholic beer. "

That doesn't make sense... I eat sometimes use beef instead of pork for certain recipes, that doesn't make beef haram..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SixTen
09-25-2008, 11:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
"1. It is drunk as an alternative to something which is haram, that is, alcoholic beer. "

That doesn't make sense... I eat sometimes use beef instead of pork for certain recipes, that doesn't make beef haram..
Possibly...

However, I think the fact it can contain some alcohol, makes it haram.

Afraa
09-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Well, I avoid anything that has to do with beer and alcohol.
seems to be working for me alhamdulilah

ninetrey
09-26-2008, 12:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon

i know what you mean but it makes sense man.i understand it

Silver
09-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Beer is good for your health, I drink a beer that has 0% alcohol in it. if it has alcohol in it, I advise you to avoid it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.