/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muhammed and Islamic practices

glo
09-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Since I have read the Qu'ran I have come to realise that many Islamic practices are not based on the Qu'ran directly, but on Muhammed's example.
Am I correct in thinking that?

For example, the Qu'ran mentions prayer, fasting and charity, but does not specify how and when to do these things. If my memory serves me right, then Hajj is not mentioned in the Qu'ran either.

Do we know how Muhammed decided on the more specific details of Islamic practices?
Was this given to him by Allah too? Or is everything Muhammed did automatically considered to be worthy of imitation - based on the belief that he is a prophet of God?

Thank you :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
09-25-2008, 11:35 PM
:bump:
Thank you for approving this thread.

manaal
09-25-2008, 11:56 PM
There is a whole surah on Hajj glo, it is surah no 22 (Surah Al Hajj or The Pilgrimage).

27. "And proclaim the Pilgrimage among men: they will come to thee on foot and (mounted) on every kind of camel, lean on account of journeys through deep and distant mountain highways;
28. "That they may witness the benefits (provided) for them, and celebrate the name of Allah, through the Days appointed, over the cattle which He has provided for them (for sacrifice): then eat ye thereof and feed the distressed ones in want.
29. "Then let them complete the rites prescribed for them, perform their vows, and (again) circumambulate the Ancient House

The Prophet Muhaamad (SAW)'s sunnah is based on the Qura'n. It is his interpretation of the Allah (SWT)'s commands. Allah himslef has mentioned in the Qura'n:
You have an excellent model in the Messenger of Allah, for all who put their hope in Allah and the Last Day and remember Allah much. (Surat al-Ahzab :21)

جوري
09-26-2008, 05:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Since I have read the Qu'ran

then Hajj is not mentioned in the Qu'ran either.

Are you sure you've read the Quran?

Hajj in the Quran

These are the verses (in sequence) that deal with Hajj (Pilgrimage) in the Quran.

[22:27.8] "And proclaim that the people shall observe Hajj pilgrimage. They will come to you walking or riding on various exhausted (means of transportation). They will come from the farthest locations."

[2:125] We have rendered the shrine (the Kaba) a focal point for the people, and a safe sanctuary. You may use Abraham's shrine as a prayer house. We commissioned Abraham and Ismail: "You shall purify My house for those who visit, those who live there, and those who bow and
prostrate."

[2:158] The knolls of Safa and Marwah are among the rites decreed by GOD. Anyone who observes Hajj or `Umrah commits no error by traversing the distance between them. If one volunteers more righteous works, then GOD is Appreciative, Omniscient.

[2:189] They ask you about the phases of the moon! Say, "They provide a timing device for the people, and determine the time of Hajj." It is not righteous to beat around the bush; righteousness is attained by upholding the commandments and by being straightforward. You shall observe GOD, that you may succeed.

[ 2:196] You shall observe the complete rites of Hajj and `Umrah for GOD. If you are prevented, you shall send an offering, and do not resume cutting your hair until your offering has reached its destination. If you are ill, or suffering a head injury (and you must cut your hair), you shall expiate by fasting, or giving to charity, or some other form of worship. During the normal Hajj, if you break the state of Ihram (sanctity) between `Umrah and Hajj, you shall expiate by offering an animal sacrifice. If you cannot afford it, you shall fast three days during Hajj and seven when you return home - this completes ten -provided you do not live at the Sacred Masjid. You shall observe GOD, and know that GOD is strict in enforcing retribution.

[2:197] Hajj shall be observed in the specified months. Whoever sets out to observe Hajj shall refrain from sexual intercourse, misconduct, and arguments throughout Hajj. Whatever good you do, GOD is fully aware thereof. As you prepare your provisions for the journey, the best provision is righteousness. You shall observe Me, O you who possess intelligence.

[2:198] You commit no error by seeking provisions from your Lord (through commerce). When you file from `Arafaat, you shall commemorate GOD at the Sacred Location (of Muzdalifah). You shall commemorate Him for guiding you; before this, you had gone astray.

[ 2:199] You shall file together, with the rest of the people who file, and ask GOD for forgiveness. GOD is Forgiver, Most Merciful.

[ 2:200-201] Once you complete your rites, you shall continue to commemorate GOD as you commemorate your own parents, or even better. Some people would say, "Our Lord, give us of this world," while having no share in the Hereafter. [2:201] Others would say, "Our Lord, grant us righteousness in this world, and righteousness in the Hereafter, and spare us the retribution of Hell."

[ 2:203] You shall commemorate GOD for a number of days (in Mena); whoever hastens to do this in two days commits no sin, and whoever stays longer commits no sin, so long as righteousness is maintained. You shall observe GOD, and know that before Him you will be gathered.

[ 3:96-97] The most important shrine established for the people is the one in Becca; a blessed beacon for all the people. In it are clear signs: the station of Abraham. Anyone who enters it shall be granted safe passage. The people owe it to GOD that they shall observe Hajj to this shrine, when they can afford it. As for those who disbelieve, GOD does not need anyone.

[5:1] O you who believe, you shall fulfill your covenants. Permitted for you to eat are the livestock, except those specifically prohibited herein. You shall not permit hunting throughout Hajj pilgrimage. GOD decrees whatever He wills.

[ 5:2] O you who believe, do not violate the rites instituted by GOD, nor the Sacred Months, nor the animals to be offered, nor the garlands marking them, nor the people who head for the Sacred Shrine (Ka'ba) seeking blessings from their Lord and approval. Once you complete the pilgrimage, you may hunt. Do not be provoked into aggression by your hatred of people who once prevented you from going to the Sacred Masjid. You shall cooperate in matters of righteousness and piety; do not cooperate in matters that are sinful and evil. You shall observe GOD. GOD is strict in enforcing retribution.

[5:94] O you who believe, GOD will test you with some game within reach of your hands and your arrows (during pilgrimage). GOD thus distinguishes those among you who observe Him in their privacy. Those who transgress after this have incurred a painful retribution.

[5:95] O you who believe, do not kill any game during pilgrimage. Anyone who kills any game on purpose, his fine shall be a number of livestock animals that is equivalent to the game animals he killed. The judgment shall be set by two equitable people among you. They shall make sure that the offerings reach the Ka'ba. Otherwise, he may expiate by feeding poor people, or by an equivalent fast to atone for his offense. GOD has pardoned past offenses. But if anyone returns to such an offense, GOD will avenge it. GOD is Almighty, Avenger.

[5:96] All fish of the sea are made lawful for you to eat. During pilgrimage, this may provide for you during your journey. You shall not hunt throughout the pilgrimage. You shall reverence GOD, before whom you will be summoned.

[9:2] Therefore, roam the earth freely for four months, and know that you cannot escape from GOD, and that GOD humiliates the disbelievers.

[9:36] The count of months, as far as GOD is concerned, is twelve. This has been GOD's law, since the day He created the heavens and the earth. Four of them are sacred. This is the perfect religion; you shall not wrong your souls (by fighting) during the Sacred Months. However, you may declare all-out war against the idol worshipers (even during the Sacred Months), when they declare all-out war against you, and know that GOD is on the side of the righteous.

[9:37] Altering the Sacred Months is a sign of excessive disbelief; it augments the straying of those who have disbelieved. They alternate the Sacred Months and the regular months, while preserving the number of months consecrated by GOD. They thus violate what GOD has consecrated. Their evil works are adorned in their eyes. GOD does not guide the disbelieving people.

[ 22:26-27] We appointed Abraham to establish the Shrine: "You shall not idolize any other god beside Me, and purify My shrine for those who visit it, those who live near it, and those who bow and prostrate." And proclaim that the people shall observe Hajj pilgrimage. They will come to you walking or riding on various exhausted (means of transportation). They will come from the farthest locations."

[22:28-29] They may seek commercial benefits, and they shall commemorate GOD's name during the specified days for providing them with livestock. "Eat therefrom and feed the despondent and the poor." They shall complete their obligations, fulfill their vows, and visit the ancient shrine.

[ 22:33] The (livestock) provide you with many benefits for a period, before being donated to the ancient shrine.

[ 22:36] The animal offerings are among the rites decreed by GOD for your own good. You shall mention GOD's name on them while they are standing in line. Once they are offered for sacrifice, you shall eat therefrom and feed the poor and the needy. This is why we subdued them for you, that you may show your appreciation.

[48:27] GOD has fulfilled His messenger's truthful vision: "You will enter the Sacred Masjid, GOD willing, perfectly secure, and you will cut your hair or shorten it (as you fulfill the pilgrimage rituals) there. You will not have any fear. Since He knew what you did not know, He has coupled this with an immediate victory."

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ummzayd
09-26-2008, 10:49 AM
I am surprised that you read qur'an and found no mention of hajj. Surah 22 is called "The Hajj".

As regards prayers, the 5 times a day prayers are indeed mentioned in qur'an.
Here are a few examples, I believe there are more:

" ...set up Regular Prayers: For such prayers are enjoined on
believers at stated times. " Qur'an 4:103 (Surah Nisa)

Here Allah swt tells us to establish prayer at regular times

Then Allah swt tells the times:

Fajr and Maghrib (dawn and sunset): "And establish regular prayers at
the two ends of the day and at the approaches of the night: For those
things, that are good remove those that are evil: Be that the word of
remembrance to those who remember (their Lord)" Quran 11:114, (Surah
Hud)

Zuhr, the Noon prayer : "Establish regular prayers at the sun's
decline, till the darkness of the night and the
morning prayer and reading: for the prayer and reading in the morning
carry their
testimony." 17:78 (Surah Al Isra) - Many commentators interpret this
as referring to all prayers, however the morning is referred to. The
decline of the sun refers to the Zuhr prayer, after the sun reaches
it's highest point at mid day

Asr, the Mid Afternoon prayer: "Guard strictly your (habit of)
prayers especially the middle prayer and stand before Allah in a
devout (frame of
mind)" Quran 2:238 (Surah al Baqarah) The middle prayer is the Asr or
mid afternoon prayer - note that Allah swt also warns us to guard or
adhere to our prayers here as well.

Maghrib, or sunset prayer : As per the above with regard to Fajr
(Dawn)

Isha or night prayer : "then while ye doff your clothes for the
noonday heat; and after the late-night prayer" Quran 24:58 (Surah an
Nur)

Peace

anatolian
09-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Was this given to him by Allah too?
Yes

Or is everything Muhammed did automatically considered to be worthy of imitation
No.The things he did and ordered or recommended us to do are considered to be worthy of imitation.He did many things which we don't do.

based on the belief that he is a prophet of God?

Yes absolutely..He was a prophet, he was getting inspirations from Allah other than what is directly understood in Quran also.And he knew better than everyone what Allah means in Quran at the same time..

Salam.

glo
09-26-2008, 08:19 PM
Manaal, Skye and Ummzayd, looks like I have skipped a bit and will have to read the Qu'ran again one day. :)

Still, the Qu'ran wasn't as specific as I had expected it to be. I somehow thought it would be very clear and very prescriptive.
Somebody - either the example of Muhammed himself or other, perhaps more recent, scholars - must be relied upon to interpret those Qu'ranic verses for us ...

Cabdullahi
09-27-2008, 06:13 AM
Since I have read the Qu'ran I have come to realise that many Islamic practices are not based on the Qu'ran directly, but on Muhammed's example.

For example, the Qu'ran mentions prayer, fasting and charity, but does not specify how and when to do these things. If my memory serves me right, then Hajj is not mentioned in the Qu'ran either.

Do we know how Muhammed decided on the more specific details of Islamic practices?
Was this given to him by Allah too? Or is everything Muhammed did automatically considered to be worthy of imitation - based on the belief that he is a prophet of God?

Sister islam is nothing new, mohammed(saw) practised just like jesus and moses ,nothing is new in terms of worship for example taking of the shoes,we muslims take of our shoes when we enter homes and especially the mosque because we honour the commandment that god gave to moses which is mentioned in the bible ''come not nie hither! put of thy shoes,from of thy feet for the place where the standard is holy ground''

we make ablution before every prayer its nothing new, why you may ask? in the book of exodus it is written 'and moses and aaron and the sons washed their hands and feet there at when they went into the tent of congregation they washed as god commanded moses,this is a biblical comandment that we muslims are still fullfilling

and in terms of prayer ,all the prophets prayed the same,in the bible it says and abraham fell on his face and prayed to god,and moses and aaron fell on their faces and prayed to god and in the new testament jesus in his last days on earth he prayed by prostrating and thats what he showed the disciples

jesus was circumsized > we muslims are circumsized too
jesus never ate pork > we dont eat pork
mary the mother of jesus dressed modestly>our muslim sisters dress modestly and they resemble a nun more than any other women in the world purely because of the way they dress

what does jesus say about preserving practises of the prophets moses and alike that many muslims are trying their best to adhere to although people find them strangers

''verily verily
for
i say unto you
that except
your
righteousness
shall exceed
the righteousness
of the scribes
and the pharises
ye shall in no wise
enter the kindom of heaven'' mathew 5:20

Everything that jesus did was worthy of imitation and the same with mohammed because everything they did was prescribed to them by god and no one will enter heaven unless we imitate them love them and revere them we will not enter the kingdom of heaven if we did otherwise

Cabdullahi
09-27-2008, 06:17 AM

Sister islam is nothing new, mohammed(saw) practised just like jesus and moses ,nothing is new in terms of worship for example taking of the shoes,we muslims take of our shoes when we enter homes and especially the mosque because we honour the commandment that god gave to moses which is mentioned in the bible ''come not nie hither! put of thy shoes,from of thy feet for the place where the standard is holy ground''

we make ablution before every prayer its nothing new, why you may ask? in the book of exodus it is written 'and moses and aaron and the sons washed their hands and feet there at when they went into the tent of congregation they washed as god commanded moses,this is a biblical comandment that we muslims are still fullfilling

and in terms of prayer ,all the prophets prayed the same,in the bible it says and abraham fell on his face and prayed to god,and moses and aaron fell on their faces and prayed to god and in the new testament jesus in his last days on earth he prayed by prostrating and thats what he showed the disciples

jesus was circumsized > we muslims are circumsized too
jesus never ate pork > we dont eat pork
mary the mother of jesus dressed modestly>our muslim sisters dress modestly and they resemble a nun more than any other women in the world purely because of the way they dress

what does jesus say about preserving practises of the prophets moses and alike that many muslims are trying their best to adhere to although people find them strangers

''verily verily
for
i say unto you
that except
your
righteousness
shall exceed
the righteousness
of the scribes
and the pharises
ye shall in no wise
enter the kindom of heaven'' mathew 5:20

Everything that jesus did was worthy of imitation and the same with mohammed because everything they do was prescribed to them by god and no one will enter heaven unless we imitate them love them and revere them we will not enter the kingdom of heaven if we did otherwise.

manaal
09-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Manaal, Skye and Ummzayd, looks like I have skipped a bit and will have to read the Qu'ran again one day. :)

Still, the Qu'ran wasn't as specific as I had expected it to be. I somehow thought it would be very clear and very prescriptive.
Somebody - either the example of Muhammed himself or other, perhaps more recent, scholars - must be relied upon to interpret those Qu'ranic verses for us ...
One can never ever get a clear picture of of the Qura'n by relying just on one translation. This has been discussed on this forum before. The Quran was originally written in Arabic and each and every words has a deeper meaning. That is why Muslims are encouraged to learn Arabic and if you don't know Arabic, there are books that explain the surahs in detail i beleive.

glo
09-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Thank you for your reply, Ahmed.
I am not saying that Islam is something new. I am quite aware that Islam returns to many practices, laws and traditions which were upheld by the Jews too.

This thread is about my surprise in finding that the Qu'ran is not as detailed and prescriptive in its instructions as I had expected.
Would you agree that with the Qu'ran alone (meaning without the hadiths) Muslims may have developed varying practices over the centuries?

What I mean is that Muslims seem to get the more detailed Islamic instructions from Muhammed's example, rather than only the Qu'ran itself.
Would it be fair to say that Muslims look to Muhammed for an example in how to put Islam into practice?

(For example, the Qu'ran talks of prayers, how often and when they should be done - but how do Muslims know the exact sequence of prayer movements?
The Qu'ran speaks of ablution, but does it describe in detail how exactly it is to be done?)

BTW, this is not meant to be a criticism, just an observation and my first impression upon reading the Qu'ran for myself.

Peace :)

جوري
09-27-2008, 07:45 PM

Once you read the Quran, with a keen discerning eye, this time, you'll notice Allah SWT asks us to obey God and follow the sunna.

And we are grateful everything is well preserved and conveyed as to not allow for deviation.. clear is distinct from error...

cheers

_ALI_
09-28-2008, 02:31 AM
Salam
Somebody - either the example of Muhammed himself or other, perhaps more recent, scholars - must be relied upon to interpret those Qu'ranic verses for us
I agree that is not that specific about some points. It orders us to pray but does not tell us how to pray. It mentions some points of Zakat but does not say that Zakat is 2.5% of the Nisab. But the Quran also says in numerous places
"Obey Allah and obey the messenger" (3:32, 3:132, 4:59, 5:92, 8:20 and a few others)
As evident from the verse, Quran is not the only source of knowledge in Islam. We also require Hadith i.e sayings of prophet Muhammad. Hadith give us the details regarding all Quranic verses. It also sounds very logical. God gave us a book (Quran) and He also gave us a practical example (prophet Muhammad) of how to follow that book.

manaal
09-30-2008, 10:18 PM

This thread is about my surprise in finding that the Qu'ran is not as detailed and prescriptive in its instructions as I had expected.
Would you agree that with the Qu'ran alone (meaning without the hadiths) Muslims may have developed varying practices over the centuries?

What I mean is that Muslims seem to get the more detailed Islamic instructions from Muhammed's example, rather than only the Qu'ran itself.
Would it be fair to say that Muslims look to Muhammed for an example in how to put Islam into practice?
I think you've got it to T

layla is here
10-02-2008, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
Are you sure you've read the Quran?

Hajj in the Quran

These are the verses (in sequence) that deal with Hajj (Pilgrimage) in the Quran.

[22:27.8] "And proclaim that the people shall observe Hajj pilgrimage. They will come to you walking or riding on various exhausted (means of transportation). They will come from the farthest locations."

[2:125] We have rendered the shrine (the Kaba) a focal point for the people, and a safe sanctuary. You may use Abraham's shrine as a prayer house. We commissioned Abraham and Ismail: "You shall purify My house for those who visit, those who live there, and those who bow and
prostrate."

[2:158] The knolls of Safa and Marwah are among the rites decreed by GOD. Anyone who observes Hajj or `Umrah commits no error by traversing the distance between them. If one volunteers more righteous works, then GOD is Appreciative, Omniscient.

[2:189] They ask you about the phases of the moon! Say, "They provide a timing device for the people, and determine the time of Hajj." It is not righteous to beat around the bush; righteousness is attained by upholding the commandments and by being straightforward. You shall observe GOD, that you may succeed.

[ 2:196] You shall observe the complete rites of Hajj and `Umrah for GOD. If you are prevented, you shall send an offering, and do not resume cutting your hair until your offering has reached its destination. If you are ill, or suffering a head injury (and you must cut your hair), you shall expiate by fasting, or giving to charity, or some other form of worship. During the normal Hajj, if you break the state of Ihram (sanctity) between `Umrah and Hajj, you shall expiate by offering an animal sacrifice. If you cannot afford it, you shall fast three days during Hajj and seven when you return home - this completes ten -provided you do not live at the Sacred Masjid. You shall observe GOD, and know that GOD is strict in enforcing retribution.

[2:197] Hajj shall be observed in the specified months. Whoever sets out to observe Hajj shall refrain from sexual intercourse, misconduct, and arguments throughout Hajj. Whatever good you do, GOD is fully aware thereof. As you prepare your provisions for the journey, the best provision is righteousness. You shall observe Me, O you who possess intelligence.

[2:198] You commit no error by seeking provisions from your Lord (through commerce). When you file from `Arafaat, you shall commemorate GOD at the Sacred Location (of Muzdalifah). You shall commemorate Him for guiding you; before this, you had gone astray.

[ 2:199] You shall file together, with the rest of the people who file, and ask GOD for forgiveness. GOD is Forgiver, Most Merciful.

[ 2:200-201] Once you complete your rites, you shall continue to commemorate GOD as you commemorate your own parents, or even better. Some people would say, "Our Lord, give us of this world," while having no share in the Hereafter. [2:201] Others would say, "Our Lord, grant us righteousness in this world, and righteousness in the Hereafter, and spare us the retribution of Hell."

[ 2:203] You shall commemorate GOD for a number of days (in Mena); whoever hastens to do this in two days commits no sin, and whoever stays longer commits no sin, so long as righteousness is maintained. You shall observe GOD, and know that before Him you will be gathered.

[ 3:96-97] The most important shrine established for the people is the one in Becca; a blessed beacon for all the people. In it are clear signs: the station of Abraham. Anyone who enters it shall be granted safe passage. The people owe it to GOD that they shall observe Hajj to this shrine, when they can afford it. As for those who disbelieve, GOD does not need anyone.

[5:1] O you who believe, you shall fulfill your covenants. Permitted for you to eat are the livestock, except those specifically prohibited herein. You shall not permit hunting throughout Hajj pilgrimage. GOD decrees whatever He wills.

[ 5:2] O you who believe, do not violate the rites instituted by GOD, nor the Sacred Months, nor the animals to be offered, nor the garlands marking them, nor the people who head for the Sacred Shrine (Ka'ba) seeking blessings from their Lord and approval. Once you complete the pilgrimage, you may hunt. Do not be provoked into aggression by your hatred of people who once prevented you from going to the Sacred Masjid. You shall cooperate in matters of righteousness and piety; do not cooperate in matters that are sinful and evil. You shall observe GOD. GOD is strict in enforcing retribution.

[5:94] O you who believe, GOD will test you with some game within reach of your hands and your arrows (during pilgrimage). GOD thus distinguishes those among you who observe Him in their privacy. Those who transgress after this have incurred a painful retribution.

[5:95] O you who believe, do not kill any game during pilgrimage. Anyone who kills any game on purpose, his fine shall be a number of livestock animals that is equivalent to the game animals he killed. The judgment shall be set by two equitable people among you. They shall make sure that the offerings reach the Ka'ba. Otherwise, he may expiate by feeding poor people, or by an equivalent fast to atone for his offense. GOD has pardoned past offenses. But if anyone returns to such an offense, GOD will avenge it. GOD is Almighty, Avenger.

[5:96] All fish of the sea are made lawful for you to eat. During pilgrimage, this may provide for you during your journey. You shall not hunt throughout the pilgrimage. You shall reverence GOD, before whom you will be summoned.

[9:2] Therefore, roam the earth freely for four months, and know that you cannot escape from GOD, and that GOD humiliates the disbelievers.

[9:36] The count of months, as far as GOD is concerned, is twelve. This has been GOD's law, since the day He created the heavens and the earth. Four of them are sacred. This is the perfect religion; you shall not wrong your souls (by fighting) during the Sacred Months. However, you may declare all-out war against the idol worshipers (even during the Sacred Months), when they declare all-out war against you, and know that GOD is on the side of the righteous.

[9:37] Altering the Sacred Months is a sign of excessive disbelief; it augments the straying of those who have disbelieved. They alternate the Sacred Months and the regular months, while preserving the number of months consecrated by GOD. They thus violate what GOD has consecrated. Their evil works are adorned in their eyes. GOD does not guide the disbelieving people.

[ 22:26-27] We appointed Abraham to establish the Shrine: "You shall not idolize any other god beside Me, and purify My shrine for those who visit it, those who live near it, and those who bow and prostrate." And proclaim that the people shall observe Hajj pilgrimage. They will come to you walking or riding on various exhausted (means of transportation). They will come from the farthest locations."

[22:28-29] They may seek commercial benefits, and they shall commemorate GOD's name during the specified days for providing them with livestock. "Eat therefrom and feed the despondent and the poor." They shall complete their obligations, fulfill their vows, and visit the ancient shrine.

[ 22:33] The (livestock) provide you with many benefits for a period, before being donated to the ancient shrine.

[ 22:36] The animal offerings are among the rites decreed by GOD for your own good. You shall mention GOD's name on them while they are standing in line. Once they are offered for sacrifice, you shall eat therefrom and feed the poor and the needy. This is why we subdued them for you, that you may show your appreciation.

[48:27] GOD has fulfilled His messenger's truthful vision: "You will enter the Sacred Masjid, GOD willing, perfectly secure, and you will cut your hair or shorten it (as you fulfill the pilgrimage rituals) there. You will not have any fear. Since He knew what you did not know, He has coupled this with an immediate victory."
mashaAllah nice work!

malayloveislam
10-09-2008, 04:54 AM
:sl:

As simple as it is, Hajj is an act of worship beside prayers. It is a part of 5 pillars of Islam, where Muslim have to perform each one of them in their life.
Many events in Hajj are actually commemorating the events that happened to prophet Abraham, his wife Hajar, and his son prophet Ishmael may Allah grant salutation and blessings to them.

We Muslims are continuing the act of prophets not only prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). We also may fast or pray like prophet David (peace be upon him) prays and fasts. We also may annoint our head with olive oil like prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) when are going to pray, that is for tidiness and we have to look good when we pray because it is the simile that we are going to meet the Great Lord, Allah.

Prophet Muhammad did mentioned in al-hadeeths about the prayers and fasts that had been performed by prophet David (peace be upon him).

The tradition of prophet is called Sunnah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.