/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Urgent!!! i need help n advice about college/uni!!!

ayan333
09-25-2008, 11:22 PM
:sl: brothers and sisters

some already know where i stand when it comes to college

i have a big dream,n intend to go through with it although it might seam imposible

ok,im currently a senior in high school here in lame america

my dream school i sin Mekka..um al-Qura uni in Mekka to be exact!

i want to major in Islamic studies,sunnah ext..soemthing that'll help in in the after life..

so i need help from those who have attended Islamic Uni's(yes ive laready seen that thread,,,but its old)

i jus need some advice in general

plz help!!!

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Afraa
09-26-2008, 12:06 AM
sister, what type of help are you looking for?
I've have never been to an islamic college but am sure there are things i can give advice on.

H@fiz Aziz
09-26-2008, 01:31 PM
http://www.uqu.edu.sa/page/en/254

http://www.uqu.edu.sa/page/en/242

http://www.uqu.edu.sa/page/en/226

http://www.uqu.edu.sa/page/en/224

These are websites that will lead you to think something up

ayan333
09-26-2008, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Afraa
sister, what type of help are you looking for?
I've have never been to an islamic college but am sure there are things i can give advice on.
:sl:

Well ive already decided that um al-Qura is my number one choice

im really excited about it but i read that its extremely hard to get accepted..i had an old Quranic teacher whoe brother works at medina uni so InshALLAH i plan on getting him to help me and write me a lette rof recomandation InshALLAH

i jus dont understand the process..ive been on their website many times but each time my answer arent fully answered..got me?

im not sure weather you have to have a diploma to apply their..im currently in high schoo...senior year...so then that means ill have to apply after i graduate in may InshALLAH

if i dnt get in,il be heart broken but ill accept it..Qadr..but i will try everything in my power to get in InshALLAH..ill also check in on other Isalmic uni's...maybe in egypt..yemen InshALLAH

JazakALLAH Khair

JazakALLAH Khair

format_quote Originally Posted by H@fiz Aziz

JazakALLAH Khair

im familiar with the site..ive been their many times..but i never really leave satisfied

so...i need help..this is the farthiest ive came to admission..ive seen the application but its confusing

my Father is already against it..he wants me to go to college here in Gerogia cuz im still young but i got to do wuts best for my after life.. staying in america isnt going to help at all

http://www.uqu.edu.sa/page/en/212/highlight/admission

so...do you know anything that might help answer me quetsion

when can a high school student in america apply to their uni?

what the whole process beside the actuall application?

what ar emy chancs of getting in?

do you know anyone whose went to an Islamic uni?

JazakALLAH khair

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
09-26-2008, 10:19 PM
try www.bakkah.net sister that has quite a bit of info for American students.

ayan333
09-27-2008, 11:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
try www.bakkah.net sister that has quite a bit of info for American students.

JazakALLAH Khair

ive been on that site couple tims before but i did learn something new

ok...

REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION UPDATED 1425-8-11

To be considered for admission at Umm al-Qura University, applicants should be 25 years old or younger with a high school diploma and generally good grades (80% or higher). Their application must include photographs, copies of passport, birth and health certificates, high school transcripts and a copy of the diploma, all verified by the Saudi Embassy of their country. Also - letters of recommendation from known Islamic organizations or personalities, a 75-word essay about their goals for studying Arabic, and female applicants must present proof of a male family member currently living in Makkah, if they are not applying along with their spouse or brother.

these ar ethe things that i need to get cleared up

they said a high school diploma is required..that would mean that i would have to apply after high school in May InshALLAH

The only person who i no in Saudi is out old Imam at our Masjid..MashALLAH he lives there with his wife and daughter..if i asked my Mother if he was family she would say yes...

so my question is...does this person "family memeber" have to have the same last name or basically be a sister or brothe rof either of my Parents?

JazakALLAH Khair

by the way...we went to the MAsjid last night..n this lady MAshALLAH who teaches at an Islamic school "Igra" ake dme if i wanted to volunteer with her..she knows i want to be a scholar InshALLAH and she took my name n number n wen i told her wut school i wanted to go to she was famailiar with it..well InshALLAH she could be a helping hand

S_87
09-27-2008, 07:58 PM
He has to be your mahram

ayan333
09-27-2008, 08:05 PM
:
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
He has to be your mahram

ooo..ok

i never really got the Mahram part

so he has to be your granfather (i have none)

father (who works for dozen plp)

brother who is younger then me

who els could a Mahram be

so i guess i cant go huh?

crayon
09-28-2008, 02:07 PM
Could be your husband...

ayan333
09-28-2008, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Could be your husband...

never!!!

how Ironic

me n a frien of mine were discussing this

i was depressed n then she was like you better get married if you wana go

i wana go bad..i mean despertly..it might sound cliche but it woudl truly be a dream come true..but is it worth me rushing to get married..i dnt thing so

can i take my soon to be 7 year old brother as a Maharam...(like my Parenst would trust me with me)

im sad

ayan333
10-01-2008, 12:44 PM

ok im getting anxious and worried

school will fly by and InshALLAH..i have about 8 before i garduate so i have to get serious InshALLAH

im looking into other Islamic uni's

Medina

Yemen

Egypt

any other yall might know about

any kind of advice or help would be appreciated

Wa'Salamu Alaykum

Afraa
10-08-2008, 06:58 PM
mashallah it's good that ur trying so hard to get in but inshallah if it's meant to be it will be. have patience and things will work out fine, no need to worry sweetie.

ayan333
10-11-2008, 01:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Afraa
mashallah it's good that ur trying so hard to get in but inshallah if it's meant to be it will be. have patience and things will work out fine, no need to worry sweetie.

InshALLAH

JazakALLAH Khair

BlissfullyJaded
10-11-2008, 01:48 AM

I'm not aware of Madeenah having colleges or universities open to foreign women, and the same issue of the mahram requirement comes up there too. To go to anywhere in Saudi Arabia you need a mahram.

I duno anything about Egypt and Yemen, but a few sisters here have been to Yemen and another to Egypt, so inshaAllah they'll pop by and offer you advice!

Yanal
10-11-2008, 01:57 AM
It doesn't have to be a top islamic school. It can be any islamic school. Because the quran is one and no school has the right to teach it in different words or knowledge.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.