/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are games of chance haraam?

brotherbee
09-26-2008, 01:46 AM
Are games of chance Haraam even if there is perodically no money involved whatsoever and they are played just for fun?

For example ones with the use of die or cards or games that are traditionally related with gambling for example Poker, Blackjack that kind of thing?

I never gamble for money but sometimes play these games with matches, tokens etc just for fun

Thankyou

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
doorster
09-26-2008, 01:53 AM
permissible only if the following three conditions are met:

1. One should not get so absorbed in it that he delays his salat; chess is well-known to be a stealer of time.
2. There should be no gambling involved.
3. The players should not utter obscenities or vulgarities.
If any of these conditions are not met it should be considered as haram.

http://www.islamicboard.com/fiqh/499...ames-dice.html

^^ this was taken from a post about chess but perhaps it could apply to other similar games/pursuits wa Allah Aalim
I never gamble for money but sometimes play these games with matches, tokens etc just for fun
ROFL this sounds a bit like halal bacon (made of soya and suchlike) to me

------
10-07-2008, 11:44 AM
:salamext:

Ruling on playing Cards without Gambling

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.