/* */

PDA

View Full Version : dog question

simba001
09-26-2008, 05:02 AM
asalaamu alaikum,

i have have a question regarding dogs...

i fully am aware on the rulings of keeping a dog - even if its kept outside the house, and that it is not recommended...

what i am trying to find out is what the islammic ruling is about putting a dog down/ killing a dog due to it being very aggresive and a threat.
if anyone can advise me it woud help me a lot

JazakALLAH kahir

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umu 'Isa
09-26-2008, 01:10 PM
:wasalamex

Killing animals which have become a nuisance

In our building there is a feral cat. Is it permissible to kill it?

Praise be to Allaah.

If a cat or similar animal is known to be a nuisance and aggressive, and a man kills it when it is acting aggressively for his own protection, he does not owe any compensation for doing so. It is like when a man kills an attacker in self-defence. And Allaah knows best.
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/8804/animal

AnonymousPoster
09-26-2008, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umu 'Isa
You can kill someone is self defence and get away with it? Oh yaaaaah :thumbs_up

Don't kill the cat though or the dog man, just be nice to it, maybe it's having a bad day :statisfie

simba001
09-26-2008, 03:01 PM
still a bit of a catch 22 for me...
i have a dog which i keep in the garden, hes around 4 years of age.
he is completely fine with me and one of my brothers, but with anyone else he is extremely aggressive. he has bitten a few people and killed cats and foxes that have entered my garden.
i have tried to have him rehomed but because of his aggression no one is willing to take him and even dog trainers have told me to put him down.
as mentioned he his 100% fine with me and my brother so if i have him put down will it be counted a sin?
i have had so many mixed opinions most of all stated that it is wrong to put him down, as its a creation of ALLAH and praises ALLAH everytime its owner feeds him etc...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
roohani.doctor
09-28-2008, 06:56 AM
awwwwww no dont do that, personally dogs terrify the heck out of me, but dont kill it! I dunno wut the islamic ruling is, but just dunno, give it up to the dog shelter or something...

i mean you'd have to live the rest of your life knowing you took a life, even if it was an animal...but again, if the dog starts killin people, you might have to end up doing something....

alcurad
09-28-2008, 07:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by simba001
he is completely fine with me and one of my brothers, but with anyone else he is extremely aggressive. he has bitten a few people and killed cats and foxes that have entered my garden.
i have tried to have him rehomed but because of his aggression no one is willing to take him and even dog trainers have told me to put him down.
as mentioned he his 100% fine with me and my brother so if i have him put down will it be counted a sin?
i have had so many mixed opinions most of all stated that it is wrong to put him down, as its a creation of ALLAH and praises ALLAH everytime its owner feeds him etc...
have you ever thought to ask, the dog whisperer? :)
also, yes it is wrong to put a life out because it annoyed you a bit, flies being an exception...

alcurad
09-28-2008, 07:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by londonfog
...but again, if the dog starts killin people, you might have to end up doing something....
MIGHT have to do something? if it starts KILLING people? :)

P.S sorry mod, but how to merge two posts together?

simba001
09-28-2008, 12:51 PM
i really dont want to do it out of my own will (put it down) but both my neighbours are complaining as they have young children and they know he is aggresive so they dont let their kids into their garden...i have tried giving him to a shelter but they wont even take him due to his aggression

islamirama
09-28-2008, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by simba001
See the level of aggression it has and the fact even dog trainers (experts) have recommended putting him down, as well as how it has killed any other animal that enters it's territory, and not to mention you have innocent children who are at risk as well. It is a very simple decision to make. For the greater good and protection of others, it would be best to put it down. I didn't find any fatwa except the one already posted, but seeing its level of aggressive towards others and its menace to the society and the welfare of the society it would be the best choice to do.

Allahu Alim

roohani.doctor
09-28-2008, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
MIGHT have to do something? if it starts KILLING people? :)
haha :giggling:

yep

:p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.