/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am a sad Father. Advice please...

Hamayun
09-26-2008, 10:16 PM
:sl: Sisters and Brothers,

I am posting with a very heavy heart.

I have a little angel of a daughter who is 4 years old. Ever since her birth she has never ever given us the slightest trouble. Never even woke us up at night.

The most obedient and well mannered child I have ever seen Masha'Allah. She is also very very sensitive.

She started school a month ago. As each day passes she is becoming more and more depressed. She is very close to me and tells me everything.

She is the only brown skinned girl in her class. At first I didn't realise why she was becoming so sad every day.

Today she asked me "Daddy, why don't the other kids want to play with me? Every time I go to speak to them they go away and don't talk to me."

When she said that I felt like someone had stabbed me in the chest a thousand times. I have tears in my eyes as I type this.

This has had a huge impact on her personality.

My daughter is very sensitive and very kind and gentle. I can not bear to see her like this. It is killing me.

What can I do? I was thinking of putting her in an Islamic school but they are extremely expensive and have a very long waiting list.

Is anyone here from London? Is there an Islamic school that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

Sorry for the long post. If you have any advice for me I will be very grateful.
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
09-27-2008, 02:08 AM
aslaam 3lykoum akhi

Have you thought of placing your daughter in international pre-schools?

I think they are excellent and have children from all walks of life and dfferent backgrounds ..

yes kids can be sensitive but also very resilient Masha'Allah..

My 3 year old niece is a sensitive social creature.. one day a whole bunch of kids entered the elevator and she got so happy, she introduced herself to everyone but no one answered her.. my sister was very upset for her, she wanted to shelter her from how cruel kids get.. my niece told my sister, 'mommy, why doesn't anyone answer me'.. my sister told her, they are all just a bit shy..
when they got off their floor, my niece was so filled with hurt, but there was another lady on board, and she told her, my name is sarah, what is your name?.. then my niece got happy again... forgot about all the kids

fact is, you can't really change the way other kids behave, but you can teach your daughter about what a special creature she is in your life, and what she means to you. And either try to put her in a more nurturing environment or see if you can go with her to school, speak with the principal about how kids are interacting, or spend a day with her see how they play.. or hold a special party and invite all those white kids to come to it lol...

one time my sister held a party for my niece at one of those crappy scary kids places, and brought all the other kids there goody bags, filled with crayons and tiny books etc..

It is a nice way to get her to forge friendships, foster herself esteem, and have you be more directly involved in her life.

In fact I suggest you ask the principal if you can hold a small eid party for your daughter and bring some tiny gifts for everyone and cake.. she how that fares.. before say looking into a better environment for her ..

your daughter sounds absolutely adorable.. Masha'Allah..

I wish you and yours all the best akhi

glo
09-27-2008, 02:09 AM
Greetings Hamayun

I can imagine how you as a father must be feeling. :(

I would love to say that things will settle down for your daughter - but that doesn't help her (or you) at the moment.

I am surprised that your daughter is the only brown-skinned child in her class. Perhaps I am naive, but I had assumed that London was very much multi-ethnic and multi-cultural, and that that was reflected in the schools. But then, that must depend on where in London you live.

The schools I have come across here in the UK are very sensitive towards any sign of racism in the classroom. Have you tried talking to the teacher? I am sure that they can help.

I can understand that you feel an Islamic school may be the answer, but bear in mind that the move to another school would be disruptive to your daughter too, and would mean that she would have to adjust and settle in anew.

I think children start school so young here in the UK! It can be tough for a four-year-old ...
I hope that your daughter will make friends very soon. She sounds like a lovely little girl, who shouldn't have any trouble drawing other children towards her.

I pray that things go well for your daughter.
You sound like a great father, who will not stop until he sees his little one happy! :)
Let us know how things are progressing for her.

peace

barney
09-27-2008, 02:21 AM
This is such a sad story.

The school has a duty to, and by law must stamp down hard on racism. If the other children are simply ignoring her its not that easy for them to take action.
I would definatly still speak with the teachers, they can use ideas like "Buddy" systems where the more sensitive and accepting members of the class can be allocated to work as a team with your girl.
Once she has a few freinds the rest will follow hopefully.

I would just concentrate on building her confidence so that her shyness brought about by the attitudes of her peers dosnt isolate her further.

Best wishes.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
dilkadr
09-27-2008, 03:05 AM
May Allah Bless You and Your Baby Girl :(

IbnAbdulHakim
09-27-2008, 08:05 AM
subhanAllaah, i hope you gave her words of comfort !

brother are there any masjids in your locality? i think you should find her some friends outside of school for now at least, try your best to help her not lose her confidence.

She sounds like she could grow up in the footsteps of Maryam (peace be upon her) mashaAllaah :)

Danah
09-27-2008, 08:20 AM
Oh brother may allah blessed ur little girl....I am sooo moved to read ur story:cry:

sis Sky offered a very good advice masha allah.....and u have to take the action first before letting her lose her confidence....

noorseeker
09-27-2008, 08:32 AM
can you get your daughter to make friends after school . like at the madrassah, at least one way she,s not missing out.

Then inshallah she can take it from there,

I didnt know 4 year olds were race conscious, it when kids grow up they get biggoted views

Karina
09-27-2008, 09:14 AM
Your poor daughter.... children can be so horrible to each other... and it's such a shame that our kids have to be subjected to this kind of thing at an incredibly young age when it's difficult to understand such behaviour. I know it's all part of growing up but it doesn't make it any easier - for child or parent.

Wow, I didn't realise London still had schools with predominantly white classes.... (Even where I live in a rural area in the North the schools are well-mixed with all different cultures and nationalities)

Anyway, your little girl is probably more resilient than you think. I remember my first few day at primary school and I cried the whole week, it was the worst thing ever, but things slowly slowly got better. It will make her stronger! She's got a very caring daddy who obviously thinks the world of her. Just keep telling her that!

I do hope she settles in better soon.....

Thinker
09-27-2008, 09:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamayun
:sl: She is the only brown skinned girl in her class. :
What part of London are you living in, I can't think of any part of London that would have a class of 100% white children, for that matter I thbk a class of 100% white children would be rare in any part of the UK

Karina
09-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Ps. I'm confused... you said in a previous post that you lived fairly near Tottenham? I hope you don't mind me mentioning :-[, but it's one of the most multicultural areas of central London!.... Sorry, hope you don't think I'm doubting you, I was just curious.... :-[

Thinker
09-27-2008, 10:30 AM
:sl: She is the only brown skinned girl in her class.
I've just run this one past my daughter-in-law who is a school teacher at a state school in the south eats of England and her remark was "I don't believe him."

Me thinks 'something is rotten in the state of Denmark!'

جوري
09-27-2008, 10:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
can you get your daughter to make friends after school . like at the madrassah, at least one way she,s not missing out.

Then inshallah she can take it from there,

I didnt know 4 year olds were race conscious, it when kids grow up they get biggoted views
before my sister enrolled my niece in a pre-school we checked out a few.

there is a British international school here in the U.S, lycee francais , the montessori, and the international pre-school, which she currently attends, the international pre-school is right by the United Nations in midtown Manhattan
and the British one is closer to my home, naturally it was a first choice since my sister works, and my mom would take my niece to school. so We went to check it out, and honest truth to God, I had never seen so many mal-adjusted kids. And that was under our watchful eyes I hazard think of what happens when we leave.

It was a strange joint, incredibly expensive.. but weird.. we were invited to observe the children at play and how the teachers interact, the minute I left the room to talk to my sister, the teacher's behavior toward the kids was really odd.. plus she started yelling at my niece for drawing outside of the table, mind you the crayons were washable. So I brought a piece of cloth and wiped it, so she would shut her yap.

On all the walls, they had all these cut out of white blonde kids, red haired kids and brown kids, put in exactly in that order one on top of the other, with emphasis on color and, I thought why are they even bringing to the kid's attention that someone has blue eyes and another green or brown.. is that how they see their world?

needless to say, we were out of there before you can say what the heck was that..

the others weren't bad, but the international pre-school had the most multicultural kids.. so she has now two friends one from Hong Kong -- she is actually a mixed kid with an American father, and a Japanese kid who apparently enjoys biting people when he is happy :D.. she has indeed her good days and bad days, but she is always happy to go to school.. when we threaten not to send her to school because she is being bad she actually cries...

this is really the best time to cultivate her talents and foster social skills and self-esteem..
Hence I suggest the brother insha'Allah, either goes with her to school or relegate the task to the mother but either way become involved early so this doesn't blow out of proportion or to a level actually damaging to her emotionally ...

I believe this cute little girl will find herself lovely friends with whom she can grow up with and be happy in her life insha'Allah.. having bad days or meeting with cruel people is just a part of life, we must all deal with...albeit difficult for a little one when all you want to do is shelter them from the cruelties of this world..

anyhow I don't know if any of this made sense, I hope I dont regret it after my nap :X :D but I have been up forever

جوري
09-27-2008, 10:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker
I've just run this one past my daughter-in-law who is a school teacher at a state school in the south eats of England and her remark was "I don't believe him."

It is quite possible for pre-school they don't take more than 7-10 kids in a class, and it isn't an all day thing..
quite possible indeed, she is the only one of her kind...

Sahabiyaat
09-27-2008, 11:10 AM
I cant offer advice but shall certainly pray in this holy month for your daughter, May Allah accpet all our Dua's, Ameen. It must be extremely hard for you but have patience my brother.

Ansariyah
09-27-2008, 12:10 PM
This hurts. May ALlah keep ur child strong n Protect her from all evil amiin.

Keep telling ur daughter that she's special. With a loving Dad like u, InshaAllah her heart will always be safe.

I wud set those kids straight myself..Like I did for my lil niece when she came home crying cause this lil mean girl kept calling her names.

Often those mean lil kids have mean parents.

Re.TiReD
09-27-2008, 12:11 PM
:wasalamex

Awww that is so sad :cry:

Sad mainly because my cousins started school last week and they're loving it alhamdulillah, school is meant to be an enriching experience for kids and moulds them and their future personalities into something strong, beautiful and amazing.

I guess thats one reason considering an Islamic School would be good, since being in that environment might give her a sense of self-worth and boost her esteem. However, (and I dont mean to be rude), you might just be taking the flight option over the fight one. How about you go to the school and speak with the teachers. Find out what is happening etc?

I can understand how painful it must be for you since I've younger siblings round about the same age. And I'd do anything to protect them. I've taught kids who had been bullied and I could see the feeling powerlessess in their eyes.

SubhanAlah bro, may Allah (swt) keep you and yours safe always. Ameen.

WassalamuAlaykum

Güven
09-27-2008, 12:25 PM
SubhanAllah , The innocence of a child :cry:

maybe you should let her meet friends outside school like from the neighbourhood or the ones who come to the masjid and if they are keep bullying her orsomething go straight to their Parents..

May Allah Bless you and your Child

Wa Aleykum Selam

Hamayun
09-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Subhan Allah! I am overwhelmed by your responses.Thank you for all your kind words Brothers and Sisters.

I live in Dagenham (Essex) which is although classed as "Greater London" it isn't actually London.

There are no Asian people in our area and the school does have a few Asian kids but not in my daughter's class. I am not sure if more kids will join later on.

Hope that clears the confusion.

I spoke to a Madrasa and they said she needs to be at least 5 years old to join :(

I will speak to her teacher to see if she can maybe help her make friends.

I feel really embarrassed about making such a big deal about it but I love my daughter too much. She is a princess in my eyes and for someone to treat her like 2nd class is heartbreaking.

I am grateful to everyone that has replied.

I am still considering admitting her to an Islamic school though if we can find a way of paying for it.

Hamayun
09-27-2008, 12:59 PM

Thinker have you ever got anything positive to say? Why on earth would I lie about it??? I am beginning to form a very bad opinion of you.

As I mentioned in my earlier post I live in Dagnenham (Essex) and you will struggle to find Asian people in my neighbourhood.

Hope that satisfies your twisted and doubtful mind!!

Is it in your nature to doubt everything everyone says? :?

Re.TiReD
09-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Bro ignore him ^^

And dont be embarassed at making a 'big deal' of things akhee. She's ur daughter and u have every right to worry :)

Allah Ma'ak

WassalamuAlaykum

Hamayun
09-27-2008, 08:51 PM
I would like to make an apology. :-[ My wife made me realise that I may have offended some people. :-[

I did not say that people around here are racist. That is not the case at all. The people round here are the nicest people I have ever met.

All my best friends are White and English. I hope people didn't take this the wrong way. I am the last person on the planet to discriminate.

I got a bit carried away I think.

My sincere apologies to everyone. May Allah forgive me.

Re.TiReD
09-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Aww SubhanAllah.

All I'm going to say is, next time you feel a little upset etc...just look at your avatar, 'have faith' :D

WassalamuAlaykum

glo
09-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Hamayun, your wife sounds like a very sensitive and person-centred woman. And you sound like a wonderful husband to take her advice to heart in such a way, by making such a humble apology. :)
You sound like somebody who couldn't offend, even if he tried! :D

I, for one, did not think that you were implying people around you were racist.

Being 'the odd one out' in any society is tough! It makes it harder to gain people's trust and friendship and to overcome prejudiced ideas. It is in our human nature to judge people by first impressions - and to take our time to get to know them better. That's not even necessarily a bad thing ...

But it is tougher still for a little four-year-old. And that - as a loving father - is your concern in this thread.

Please give my regards to your wife. :)

(BTW, I attended a equality and diversity conference this year, and the message was very much that we are all prejudiced to some extend - based on our own life experiences and what we are taught. We can learn to live with our own prejudices, but it should never be acceptable to discriminate against others!)

Salaam

جوري
09-27-2008, 09:09 PM
I would like to make an apology. :-[ My wife made me realise that I may have offended some people. :-[

I did not say that people around here are racist. That is not the case at all. The people round here are the nicest people I have ever met.

All my best friends are White and English. I hope people didn't take this the wrong way. I am the last person on the planet to discriminate.

I got a bit carried away I think.

My sincere apologies to everyone. May Allah forgive me.
:sl:

I don't think you have accused anyone of being bigoted.. You made an observation that your daughter is the only brown skinned girl in her class, and she has professed to you, that no one desires to play with her. She doesn't know the reason why, and you from experience perhaps drawn the conclusion that she stands out in a way that others don't and attributed it to the class room having a particular homogeneity..

I'd actually be more concerned if you neglected to respect her feelings on the account you'd be thought of a bigot.

Until such a time you can find her a more nurturing environment either you or your wife have to be more actively involved in her affairs.. You are basically all she has as a guide and champion in this world.

islamirama
09-27-2008, 09:16 PM
I think it would be best to put her in an islamic school so she can have a true identity, the non-muslim schools are trash and trash is what they teach also. As for islamic schools, some do offer scholarships to those who can't afford it, try looking into that. And yes do talk to the teacher and principle about this to see if they can help. As for her being brow skin, either you can tell her the truth of how ugly the world is and prejudiced these kuffars are or you can continue to protect her, probably be best to protect her for now.

Hamayun
09-27-2008, 09:32 PM
My wife and I have been discussing and Insha'Allah she will go to an Islamic school. My wife will take up weekend work which should easily pay for the fee's.

From the bottom of my heart I thank you all for your kind words. I have run out of reps today but I will do it tomorrow Insha'Allah.

May Allah bless you all. I will remember you in my prayers Insha'Allah.

جوري
09-27-2008, 10:04 PM
My wife and I have been discussing and Insha'Allah she will go to an Islamic school. My wife will take up weekend work which should easily pay for the fee's.

From the bottom of my heart I thank you all for your kind words. I have run out of reps today but I will do it tomorrow Insha'Allah.

May Allah bless you all. I will remember you in my prayers Insha'Allah.

lol.. pls don't pay me in reps.. I prefer du3a...

Jazaka Allah khyran and may he make all your affairs easy on you and yours..

roohani.doctor
09-28-2008, 02:13 AM
Awwwwww, your daughters sounds like a sweetheart. Young children can be so mean these days. Even if you do talk to the teacher, I think placing your daughter in an islamic school seems the best option. She is still very very young, and being rejected by kids will really effect her social behaviour esp cuz she is so genteel and sensitive... being in an islamic environment and wit kids she can relate to will be great for her, and she'll learn more about islam that way too...

I wish you and your family all the best.

suffiyan007
09-28-2008, 06:21 AM
oH Gosh..! i felt so hurt...this is the lesson of patience!.. but for her to bear hurt like this is so hard...maybe the people in the school are seeing skin color to make friend...no harm..! trying to speak to the headmaster or teachers to solves the problem...u as a father and go to the school and ask for explaination, about why the student or pupil ignored your daughter...or maybe your daughter naughty in class..no one talk to her..! should be coincidence.
be firm, as a father...you need to solve it nicely and patience...dont get so hurt or feel the hardship or sadness...first u must learn to see the what cause your daughter is has been ignored and second what the symptom she has cause and she had did.. with the student there....why your daughter getting so sensitive and depress.. just go and talk to the counselor...for some advice...
and seek physcologist doc.. to help your daughter...the way u raise your daughter is the way to patternize your daughter life...dont make your daughter life and heart full of hatred with people...and u must bring her to school and talk to the parents of the student to discuss why their son/daughter ignored or runaway from your daughter when your daughter near to them..... maybe someone are jealous with your daughter,maybe someone hate your daughter cause getting "A" in the class...no one know your daughter and other kids communication. u will see the big picture...later.

thank u

جوري
09-28-2008, 09:09 AM

it is their cheese..:D

cheers

Danah
09-28-2008, 09:25 AM
just one advice brother......if u take ur daughter to another school...dont show here the real reason behind ur decision, that will make things even worse....she will be afraid that it will happened again in her new school, and that's will make her lose her confidence I guess.

be careful with that try to find a simple reason like transportation or something like that..dont talk about the reason with ur wife when she is listening to ur conversation

May allah protect her, and in sha allah she gonna be the happiest in her new school

Trumble
09-28-2008, 10:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
I think it would be best to put her in an islamic school so she can have a true identity, the non-muslim schools are trash and trash is what they teach also.
What rubbish. Who exactly is 'prejudiced' here?!

As for her being brow skin, either you can tell her the truth of how ugly the world is and prejudiced these kuffars are or you can continue to protect her, probably be best to protect her for now.
The children concerned are four!! They will not be 'prejudiced' (at least in the way you mean), bigoted or 'racist'. They are just doing what, sadly, kids always do when someone is different. You can't even blame them, its actually a defence mechanism (think about it). It might be the black kid. It might be the fat kid. The kid with a disability (that's usually the worst). It might even be just the kid with glasses (and I was that child...).

Children of that age don't mix much outside their family circle, who will (usually) have the same skin colour they do. As they grow older; certainly when moving out of infant school, that changes as their experience changes. In a couple of years it will be no problem at all. In the meantime, it might be best to move her to another class or school but, as has been said, in London there should be no need for an 'islamic' or 'international' school.

Hamayun
09-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Jazak Allahu khayran Bro's and Sisters.

Thank you for you for your advice Trumble. I haven't based my decision of an Islamic School on just this one incident.There are several other benefits and factors.

• The results of the Islamic School on average are a lot higher than normal Schools
  • The children who study in Islamic Schools are less likely to get into Drugs, Vandalism and other common problems with the youth these days
  • Children who study in Islamic schools learn the values of Islam and turn out to be humble and modest
  • Children who go to Islamic School are disciplined and respectful

Everything goes in favour of the Islamic School and not one thing goes against it.

Also contrary to popular belief Islamic Schools do not make children racist because Muslim's come from all different backgrounds so the whole "social integration" is not really an issue.

Insha'Allah she will go to an Islamic School and make us proud as parents.

Trumble
09-28-2008, 11:22 AM
Insha'Allah she will go to an Islamic School and make us proud as parents.
I'm sure she will do that wherever she goes. :)

Everything goes in favour of the Islamic School and not one thing goes against it.
Just one thought, although I'm certainly not saying it outweighs the 'pro's'. My point was that this sort of thing happens because the white kids don't mix enough with others. They can't do that if the others all go to school somewhere else, and taken to an extreme those attitudes will remain. They are a lot harder to shift at fourteen than four.

Hamayun
09-28-2008, 11:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
I'm sure she will do that wherever she goes. :)

Just one thought, although I'm certainly not saying it outweighs the 'pro's'. My point was that this sort of thing happens because the white kids don't mix enough with others. They can't do that if the others all go to school somewhere else, and taken to an extreme those attitudes will remain. They are a lot harder to shift at fourteen than four.
Absolutely Brother :) I agree with you.

Kids are just being kids. They are just innocent and don't do it to hurt or cause offence. They are doing what comes naturally. I do not blame them at all :)
Thank you :)

جوري
09-28-2008, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble

The children concerned are four!! They will not be 'prejudiced' (at least in the way you mean), bigoted or 'racist'. They are just doing what, sadly, kids always do when someone is different. You can't even blame them, its actually a defence mechanism (think about it). It might be the black kid. It might be the fat kid. The kid with a disability (that's usually the worst). It might even be just the kid with glasses (and I was that child...).
l.
I don't always see eye to eye with trumble... but I have to endorse what he said above.. That is actually why I personally advocate 'international' schools.. because I believe Allah SWT loves diversity hence he created us different countries and tribes as is mentioned in the Quran

• "O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honorable of you with Allah (SWT) is that (believer) who has Taqwa (God-consciousness, fearing Allah (SWT)). Verily, Allah (SWT) is All-Knowing, All-Aware." [Soorah al-Hujurat (49): 13]

Maybe and Islamic school is good in all the afore mentioned but.. even if it be, Muslims also come in all colors, shapes sizes and nationalities.. I don't like isolationism.. but that is my own personal opinion..

Mikayeel
09-28-2008, 10:42 PM

Its sad to hear this. My little sister when she was 4, used to come home nd stay for hours in the bath trying to scrub of her brown skin. I used to find it funny, but it sadning in a way. However kids are kids and it takes time for them to get used to it, eventually my sister did make friends with them :)

chacha_jalebi
09-28-2008, 11:10 PM
this has really like hurt me man

in london? subhanallah, im shocked akhi, which school!

move her, its the best option and make a complaint againist these kids, but move her,

in london, one of the best muslim primary schools is al noor, in ilford, but its not free :mmokay: their fees are like £2500 and they do accept fees per term aswell,

and another one i know off is noor ul islam in leyton, but they like weird lol, and im not sure of their fees or anythin, but do check both of them out and do some own research, inshallah the kiddy will find a better school!

AnonymousPoster
09-29-2008, 04:09 AM
mashallah brother,

Although I don't really know how to help you, I just want to say that you sound like a wonderful father.

Keep it up and inshallah you and your family will be rewarded.

I wish the best.

Hamayun
09-29-2008, 08:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by raOnar

Its sad to hear this. My little sister when she was 4, used to come home nd stay for hours in the bath trying to scrub of her brown skin. I used to find it funny, but it sadning in a way. However kids are kids and it takes time for them to get used to it, eventually my sister did make friends with them :)
That is really sad :( I can imagine how she felt.

format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
this has really like hurt me man

in london? subhanallah, im shocked akhi, which school!

move her, its the best option and make a complaint againist these kids, but move her,

in london, one of the best muslim primary schools is al noor, in ilford, but its not free :mmokay: their fees are like £2500 and they do accept fees per term aswell,

and another one i know off is noor ul islam in leyton, but they like weird lol, and im not sure of their fees or anythin, but do check both of them out and do some own research, inshallah the kiddy will find a better school!
Thank you Chaha Jalebi..
I will Email or call Al-noor today :thumbs_up

When you say Noor ul Islam is weird how do you mean? Why are they weird lol.

We found an Islamic School in Barking called Apex. I have already Emailed them.

Jazakallah Khairan :thumbs_up

Hamayun
10-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Things are not going according to plan..

My mum is completely against putting my daughter in an Islamic School. My wife is afraid it may cause friction in the family if we put her in an Islamic School.

Looks like we have to hide that fact that we are Muslims in this country. People are ashamed of it :(

Its up to Allah now. I don't know what to do.

glo
10-02-2008, 07:14 PM
I am sorry to hear that, Hamayun.

But you may be right, perhaps there is a reason which only Allah knows and which is beyond your own understanding now.

There could be positives to your daughter going to a mixed school (see Trumble's and Skye's posts):
  • Your daughter may make friends across other cultures and faiths
  • You and your family may have an opportunity to introduce an uninformed community to your own way of life and faith

For now I just pray that you and your family will know God's peace.
May His will be done in your situation.

Perhaps one more piece of advice, especially now things are turning out not quite as planned:
Try to shield your daughter as much as you possibly can from your own fears and worries.
Try to be positive about school.
Try to look for good things which have happened to her during the day, and talk to her about them.
Try to smile! :statisfie

Best wishes

Musaafirah
10-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Contrary to what people may think, but Islamic Schools are the best (I reckon anyway) and as sis Skye said, Muslims come in all colours, shapes and sizes..so discrimination is nil..Plus if it's taught in the correct manner, they main things they teach first are Aadab and Akhlaq which keeps them steadfast with the most polite manners ever!
It's so sad to see your daughter being treated in such a manner, but if she knows you love her then Alhamdulillah she's extremely lucky!
I hope all goes well Insha'allah!

Hamayun
10-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Thanks Musaafir and Glo for your kind words. I do admit I over reacted a bit initially. I feel a bit silly for starting this thread :-[ Kids will be kids.

And yes Glo you are right. Allah protects and guides whom he wills. I will protect and guide her to the best of my ability. The rest is up to Allah.

layla is here
10-02-2008, 08:43 PM
aw that very sad. May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala bless your little girl and help her to find friends and be happy. ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.