Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mujahidah4Allah
09-27-2008, 03:17 PM
:w:

what do you mean?

wa/salam

Re.TiReD
09-27-2008, 03:18 PM
I mean sis, how do you get ur Imaan flying? Feeling good? Feeling high? Feeling as though you can do anyfin, as though you can give the shaytaan a flying kick and land on ur feet...u get what I mean? :shade:

Ali.
09-27-2008, 03:19 PM
Praying sincerely at mosque.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Güven
09-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Being ALL ALONE in a Mosque is great ! It feels soo calm so peaceful without anyone to disturb you :statisfie
u should try :)

Ali.
09-27-2008, 03:26 PM
^ Yeah I forgot to say that too: pray sincerely and then sit alone while in the mosque and reflect.

Nájlá
09-27-2008, 03:35 PM
or even in ur room but u gotta put a sign in ur door saying (plz do not disturb)^

it works and listen to quran too

Al-Hanbali
09-27-2008, 03:52 PM
:salamext:

Listening to a heart-rendering recitation whilst following the translation of the particular ayaat ...

..something like this ---> http://www.4shared.com/file/64701454...surah_hud.html

Listen to it and read the translation ... its froms Surah 11 (Hud), ayaat 36-43 ..

..especially when it comes to the part when Nuh (alayhis salaam) says to his son, "O my son, come aboard with us and be not with the disbelievers." :cry:

Uthman
09-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Heartwheel journal? :)

------
09-27-2008, 04:22 PM

Listening to this and watching the video:

Surah Rahman by Muhammad Al Luhaidan

That Which No Eye Has Seen - Lecture By Tawfique Chowdhury [dis is wiked]

25 Promises from Allah to the Believers - Imam Anwar Awlaki

| Part 1 | Part 2 |

crayon
09-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Making duaa.. Just sort of talking to Allah subhanahu wa taala, saying how I feel, mulling over where I've gone wrong, apologizing and repenting, asking for certain things (from my duaa list! lol).. I've found it's really been helping me lately.
And also, long and beautiful duaa's during al watr prayer at the mosque..
Reading qudsi hadiths in which Allah describes his forgiveness and mercy.

noorseeker
09-27-2008, 04:49 PM
listen to a lecture about how the our prophet saw and the sahabas sacrificed all for the deen, just so it can come to us, i love our local shaykh zahir mahmood, gives a really powerful strong heart warming talk.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-27-2008, 04:55 PM
:sl:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...l-ghareeb.html

Ansariyah
09-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Knowing that everything good we do we will get rewarded for it. That there is a life in the hereafter where there is no disease, no pain, no suffering, no death. That this life is a journey that will end, n that we can attain Jannah if Allah wills.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=aXSw3Q...eature=related

ayan333
09-27-2008, 07:19 PM

SubhanALLAH if you havnt then InshALLAH you will

mine would defenitly be Praying Salatul-Layl...

Everyone is awake and ALLAH (SWA) is so close to you..the feeling is undiscribable

Hadith on Salatul Layl

There are many hadith that emphasize the importance of Salatul Layl. Some of them are as follows.
1. Three things bring happiness to the heart of a believer:
a) Meeting brethren in faith
b) Breaking the fast
c) Waking up in the later part of the night for Salatul Layl
Holy Prophet (S.A.W.)

When the servant of Allah turns to his Lord in the middle of the dark night, and whispers to Him, Allah establishes His light in his heart . . . then He tells the angels: O my angels, look at my servant. He has turned to Me in the middle of the dark night while the false ones are playing, and the heedless ones are sleeping; bear witness that I have forgiven him.
Holy Prophet (S.A.W.)

10. Whoever has been granted the chance to recite Salatul Layl, a male servant or a female one, and he(or she) rises for Allah sincerely, does proper wudhu , prays salaat for Allah with a true intention, a sound heart, a humble body and a tearful eye, Allah will place behind him nine rows of angels. The number of angels in each row cannot be counted except by Allah. One side of each row is in the East, and the other is in the West. Then when he completes his prayer, he gets the reward of all of the angels in the rows.
Holy Prophet (S.A.W.)

..enough said

what made is so much better was that i didnt know the Dua that had to be read..and it had already been recordd on my phone and i use it as my alaram...so wen my alarm goes off the Duas does to...so i wrote it on a piece of Paper so i could read it off but right when it was time for me to read the Dua my alarm went off and i jus repated after Sudais (he wa sthe one reciting the Dua)

SubhanALLAH,that in its self had me speachless

i mean right..exactly when i was getting ready to recite of the paper it come on..truly a blessing

Danah
09-27-2008, 07:45 PM
so simple.....start memorizing quran and it will give Shaytan a super strong slab in the face..telling him that u set ur life for something better

it works perfectly:thumbs_up

Re.TiReD
09-27-2008, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saifur-Rahmaan

Listening to a heart-rendering recitation whilst following the translation of the particular ayaat ...

..something like this ---> http://www.4shared.com/file/64701454...surah_hud.html

Listen to it and read the translation ... its froms Surah 11 (Hud), ayaat 36-43 ..

..especially when it comes to the part when Nuh (alayhis salaam) says to his son, "O my son, come aboard with us and be not with the disbelievers." :cry:
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
Heartwheel journal? :)
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

Listening to this and watching the video:

Surah Rahman by Muhammad Al Luhaidan

That Which No Eye Has Seen - Lecture By Tawfique Chowdhury [dis is wiked]

25 Promises from Allah to the Believers - Imam Anwar Awlaki

| Part 1 | Part 2 |

format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Making duaa.. Just sort of talking to Allah subhanahu wa taala, saying how I feel, mulling over where I've gone wrong, apologizing and repenting, asking for certain things (from my duaa list! lol).. I've found it's really been helping me lately.
And also, long and beautiful duaa's during al watr prayer at the mosque..
Reading qudsi hadiths in which Allah describes his forgiveness and mercy.
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Sayyad
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
Knowing that everything good we do we will get rewarded for it. That there is a life in the hereafter where there is no disease, no pain, no suffering, no death. That this life is a journey that will end, n that we can attain Jannah if Allah wills.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=aXSw3Q...eature=related
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

SubhanALLAH if you havnt then InshALLAH you will

mine would defenitly be Praying Salatul-Layl...

Everyone is awake and ALLAH (SWA) is so close to you..the feeling is undiscribable

Hadith on Salatul Layl

There are many hadith that emphasize the importance of Salatul Layl. Some of them are as follows.
1. Three things bring happiness to the heart of a believer:
a) Meeting brethren in faith
b) Breaking the fast
c) Waking up in the later part of the night for Salatul Layl
Holy Prophet (S.A.W.)

When the servant of Allah turns to his Lord in the middle of the dark night, and whispers to Him, Allah establishes His light in his heart . . . then He tells the angels: O my angels, look at my servant. He has turned to Me in the middle of the dark night while the false ones are playing, and the heedless ones are sleeping; bear witness that I have forgiven him.
Holy Prophet (S.A.W.)

10. Whoever has been granted the chance to recite Salatul Layl, a male servant or a female one, and he(or she) rises for Allah sincerely, does proper wudhu , prays salaat for Allah with a true intention, a sound heart, a humble body and a tearful eye, Allah will place behind him nine rows of angels. The number of angels in each row cannot be counted except by Allah. One side of each row is in the East, and the other is in the West. Then when he completes his prayer, he gets the reward of all of the angels in the rows.
Holy Prophet (S.A.W.)

..enough said

what made is so much better was that i didnt know the Dua that had to be read..and it had already been recordd on my phone and i use it as my alaram...so wen my alarm goes off the Duas does to...so i wrote it on a piece of Paper so i could read it off but right when it was time for me to read the Dua my alarm went off and i jus repated after Sudais (he wa sthe one reciting the Dua)

SubhanALLAH,that in its self had me speachless

i mean right..exactly when i was getting ready to recite of the paper it come on..truly a blessing

JazakAllahu Khayran Wa BarakAllahu feekum

Repsss :D

Ali.
09-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Leading prayer. Even if it's just one person!

Na7lah
09-27-2008, 10:54 PM
i lock myself in my room and reflect on everything
try Qiyam Al-Layl 2

Danah
09-27-2008, 11:06 PM
cheac this sister http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...qwa-piety.html

Eye-OfThe-Storm
09-27-2008, 11:25 PM
For me it is when I listen to lectures or read up on how Christianity became corrupted. It is not so much that I think "well at least I know the Christians are wrong", because the though of Christianity has never ever entered my heart. But rather it is when you see just how astonishingly Islamic Jesus and his closest followers were, and how the people slowly but surely threw his teachings to the wayside and deviated when Paul brought his kufr into Jesus's teachings.

Re.TiReD
09-28-2008, 04:41 PM
JazakAllahu Khayran fishlings!

Its not specifically for me btw, just generally...but reps to my fave ones :)

Keep em coming insha'Allah

WassalamuAlaykum

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-28-2008, 05:14 PM

Media Tags are no longer supported

chacha_jalebi
09-28-2008, 05:16 PM
surah al haqqah!:( anyday!

and want that oooomph factor, surah anfal and surah taubah :embarrass

Re.TiReD
09-28-2008, 05:17 PM
^^ Reccomend a Qaari?

BarakAllahu feekum...Wa Akhee Abu Sayyad

Na7lah
09-28-2008, 05:23 PM
listen to surah Al-Qiyamah by Al-Ajmy :thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.