any one from the U.K ;; being a recent convert, i am keen
to meet any other reverts to share our experiences, and learn
more about Islam

Inshalla

PROUD ISLAMIC REVERT

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
09-27-2008, 05:25 PM
Assalamalikum brother , welcome to the forum , inshallah there are loads of reverts on L.I . Inshallah we would love to know how you came to islam

Snowflake
09-27-2008, 05:33 PM
asalam alaikum

Welcome to the deen and forum brother. Hope you have a beneficial stay inshaAllah

www.paltalk.com (download)

select 'Social Issue and Politics' in catagory browser

select: Human Rights

select: ooO Reverts Room The way of life islamOoo

hope you join inshaAllah

MARTYR
09-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Inshalla,

Basicly i embraced Islam, about 9 months ago, having grown up
with many muslim friends,, i spent most of my life, feeling empty
and later feeling angry,with whats going on with G W Bush & co,,
and the happiest times of my life has been amongst fellow muslims
i hope i am making sense

martyr

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
09-27-2008, 05:37 PM
Welcome to LI, MARTYR.

You will certainly find reverts here. :D

noorseeker
09-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Brother are you british white

MARTYR
09-27-2008, 05:41 PM
InshaALAH

Thank you to all Brothers & Sisters for replying to my thread
I have to sign off for now

MARTYR

Karina
09-27-2008, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MARTYR
Inshalla,

Basicly i embraced Islam, about 9 months ago, having grown up
with many muslim friends,, i spent most of my life, feeling empty
and later feeling angry,with whats going on with G W Bush & co,,
and the happiest times of my life has been amongst fellow muslims
i hope i am making sense

martyr
Hi Martyr,

Welcome!

I too frequently feel angry with Bush and his warped ideas but I'm not sure I would use this as a reason to embrace religion. :?

What else was it that made you revert?

K :)

MARTYR
09-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Yes Brother Nightstar,

I am British white, I was up your way a few weeks ago,
Small heath; i visited a couple of mosques, in one although
it was crowded,, i felt like a stranger in an empty room,,
i understand that my appearance makes me stand out
an when people get to know me i am both sincere and loyal
to Islam

H@fiz Aziz
09-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Welcome to Islamic Board please enjoy your time here

MARTYR
09-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Reply to Karina,

Please dont misunderstand me,
The G W Bush thing is not the reason i embraced Islam, but to be honest
i guess it got me thinking again about Islam, and my Muslim friends
MARTYR

YusufNoor
09-27-2008, 06:07 PM
:sl:

Welcome,

yes, being Caucasian in a Masjid CAN make you stand out!

here's some helpful info from an american revert:

Mufti Ismail Menk downloads:

http://www.muftimenk.co.za/Downloads.html

i love the Mufti's Tafseer, especially Reasons of Revelation.

Dr. Abu Ameena Bilal Philips[a Canadian revert]. this is a link to his video download page, you can stream them. i recommend that you watch the Foundations of Islamic Studies series located at the bottom of the page:

http://www.bilalphilips.com/bilal_pa...sk=view&id=288

the is a series of lectures by Jamal ud Din Zarabozo [French revert of Spanish Catholic parents]; it all about Surat Al Fatiha:

http://www.kalamullah.com/al-fatihah.html

there are other helpful lectures on the site as well as this Arabic/English Qur'an:

http://www.kalamullah.com/noble-quran.html

Brother Qatada posted this site eons ago with lectures from Brother Bashar Shala. here's the Seerah[story of the Rasulullah(pbuh)]:

http://www.pleasantviewschool.com/me...t%20%28pbuh%29

here are some online sites for research:

a searchable Qur'an:

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/k/koran/

a site where you can compare translations:

http://quran.islamicnetwork.com/

a sight to help you learn to pronounce the Qur'an:

http://transliteration.org/quran/home.htm

a site with searchable Hadeeth:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/reference/searchhadith.html

and an online Seerah, called the Sealed Nectar:

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/B..._tsn/index.htm

enjoy!

:w:

Yusuf

al Amaanah
09-27-2008, 06:28 PM
:wasalamex

masha Allah, first welcome to Islaam akh, may Allah keep u steadfast. and welcome to LI, insha Allah u'll have an enjoyable and beneficial stay here.

Güven
09-27-2008, 06:32 PM
MashaAllah Welcome To the Beautiful Truth (Islam) and Welcome to the Forum
I hope you have very enjoyable and beneficial Stay :D

noorseeker
09-27-2008, 07:29 PM
i was in small heath today. People will welcome with you with open arms , you might feel a bit strange , i like small heath, because you see so many practising people there.

Did you go green lane mosque, think theres a lot of reverts go there.

Hamayun
09-27-2008, 09:47 PM
:sl: Brother Martyr,

Welcome to LI. I am in England too. Although I was born in a Muslim family I consider myself a revert too.

Hope you find your stay here as beneficial as I have.

MARTYR
09-28-2008, 08:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
i was in small heath today. People will welcome with you with open arms , you might feel a bit strange , i like small heath, because you see so many practising people there.

Did you go green lane mosque, think theres a lot of reverts go there.
Yes, I visited Green Le Mosque,on my last day,, it was for
Jumma , it was packed as you can imagine, i made some good
friends their,, i will try and get up to small heath in the next
few weeks, perhaps we can touch base

Insha-Alah

MARTYR

Danah
09-28-2008, 09:06 AM
masha allah welcome to Islam first and to LI.....

in sha allah u will find what u look for here

Eid Mubarak (happy Eid)

noorseeker
09-28-2008, 05:23 PM

Insha-Alah

MARTYR
Yes brother pm me some time,

MARTYR
09-28-2008, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
Yes brother pm me some time,
Salams, Bro,

Hope to be there in about 3 weeks

Inshala-ALAH

S1aveofA11ah
10-02-2008, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karina
Hi Martyr,

Welcome!

I too frequently feel angry with Bush and his warped ideas but I'm not sure I would use this as a reason to embrace religion. :?

What else was it that made you revert?

K :)
Karina I would like to offer you some sincere words of advice. A long time ago I used to be pretty much against/mocking the word 'religion'. I always thought it was something boring or against me having a fun-filled and meaningful life. I think this serves as a barrier against understanding Islam let alone any of the other religions of the world. Ironically after becoming serious about Islam I still find the word a little dross only because I believe Islam has a better word in Arabic ('Deen' - way of life) but I understand it better anyway.

If we take religion to simply mean 'one's way of life' and not necessarily 'a strict life free of fun', 'choir singers', 'monks' or any other of the 'in the back of one's mind' type of things, stereotypes or socially engineered misconceptions used to control the masses then things start to become clearer.

I heard an excellent talk once a long time ago where the speaker (Abdur- Rahmeem Green) said EVRYONE has a religion i.e. 'way of life'. Even the one who says "I hate all religions and and free of all of them" can be described as 'religiously unreligious'.

Its like this: I understand racism and how evil it is. Nobody chose the colour of their skin when they were born. I know to be racist is wrong so I am non-racist. I hope you are the same Karina but there are people out there who don't think like this on the race issue and are members of neo-Nazi parties like Combat 18 and the BNP or skin-head groups to give you more of the extreme examples.

Now in a nutshell you can say Islam is like this:

If God or Allah (as we refer to Him in Arabic) exists (which most people do believe) then surely He alone should be the one worthy of all worship without any partner/equals or associates as He is so great. He created everything from nothing and did not need any teacher to show Him how to do this.

In other words just the ONE true God or Creator should be worshipped ALONE.

Put in yet another simple way (I'm really trying to give you clear and simple statements!!) : We worship the CREATOR not the CREATION. People worship many created things such as money, friends, football, beer, women etc. - just look around you and see how many people are devoted or 'in worship' of things. Some will talk a lot about these created things they love - others can be understood from their actions e.g. an alcoholic (who might be ashamed of admitting so) may be seen as worshipping drink by always drinking whisky. In this case he literally becomes a slave to alcohol which controls him to the point where it could very easily kill him. In Islam we are slaves to NOTHING or NOBODY except Allah.

If one can HONESTLY understand what Islam is then I say that that person will definately convert to Islam. Of course Allah guides who He wills. One cannot guide Himself to Allah/Islam - He/She is guided by the mercy of Allah. Honesty is the key and we are living in a world of many liars. In fact Islam prophesises (hope that is spelt right!) that as time goes on the number of liars will increase.

However Karina - be honest with yourself and don't let any arrogance come 'in between' this concept I have described above i.e. If God or Allah (as we refer to Him in Arabic) exists (which most people do believe) then surely He alone should be the one worthy of all worship without any partner/equals or associates as He is so great.

Once you can do that then you are in direct contact with Allah and you attain a life of true peace Insh'Allah.

Think with care and contemplation about these things Karina and I pray Allah lets you say the declaration of faith (words which make one a Muslim which in English are : "None has the right to be worshipped except Allah alone and Muhammad is his Messenger".

(ameen).

Ar-RaYYan
10-02-2008, 11:04 PM

Insha-Alah

MARTYR
:sl: akhi,
mashallah greenlane masjid is really good walahi! i usually go there and there are loads of reverts and people from different ethnicities- its shows the true brotherhood- people from different backgrounds and traditions coming togheter and worshiping one Allah. people from the masjid are very friendly and helpful. and we have great scholars from around the global during the spring and summer holidays.
you mentioned earlier about going to this masjid in small heath and felt uncomfortable, was that the greenlane one or the one called Ar-Rahma?
There is also another masjid in small heath ( really close to small heath library) where the majority of the people are reverts. did u visit that masjid?

peace

MARTYR
10-03-2008, 05:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ar-RaYYan
:sl: akhi,
mashallah greenlane masjid is really good walahi! i usually go there and there are loads of reverts and people from different ethnicities- its shows the true brotherhood- people from different backgrounds and traditions coming togheter and worshiping one Allah. people from the masjid are very friendly and helpful. and we have great scholars from around the global during the spring and summer holidays.
you mentioned earlier about going to this masjid in small heath and felt uncomfortable, was that the greenlane one or the one called Ar-Rahma?
There is also another masjid in small heath ( really close to small heath library) where the majority of the people are reverts. did u visit that masjid?

peace
Salam Sister,
Thank you for your reply, I cant remember the name of the
Mosque in Green Lane, it was on the corner, opposite the big
supermarket;; As i said it was Jumma, and i was the only white
person that i could see it has not put me off, i will be up there,
again in about 3 weeks, i think i know the other revert one you
mentioned, is that the one next to the book store

Proud Islamic Revert.

Ar-RaYYan
10-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Salam Sister,
Thank you for your reply, I cant remember the name of the
Mosque in Green Lane, it was on the corner, opposite the big
supermarket;; As i said it was Jumma, and i was the only white
person that i could see it has not put me off, i will be up there,
again in about 3 weeks, i think i know the other revert one you
mentioned, is that the one next to the book store

Proud Islamic Revert.
salaam :)
yeah i think i know which mosque you are talking about akhi- most people around there call it 'greenlane' masjid and i think the mosque also call themselve that now. Inshallah i hope you see (white) reverts next time you are there.:)
yeah you are right the other masjid is next to the islamic book shop and you will know that it is the one i'm talking about because the prayer room is a long hall where the men pray at the front and the women are in the back and both genders can see each other. i think that mosque is called salafi but im not sure.

peace

FatimaAsSideqah
10-03-2008, 10:43 PM
:sl:

Welcome to LI Forum, new brother. May you will have a benefical stay, Insha'Allah.

I am revert as well by 5 half years ago and I have felt more great by step to step. It is thanks to Allah Taala.

Sister Fatima

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.