/* */

PDA

View Full Version : interesting inorganic compound

roohani.doctor
09-28-2008, 02:51 AM
salam y'all

i have to pick an interesting inorganic element/compound and present it to class....

i had some in mind e.g.

Arsenic trioxide (Arsenic(III) oxide) – As2O

Sulfur dioxide – SO

Scandium(III) chloride – ScCl

help/opinions/advice will be greatly appreciated! :D:D:D

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
barney
09-28-2008, 03:01 AM
Try Lithium. It's used in mood stabalising medication, Thermonuclear igniters, camera batteries and Armour on tanks.
Its a metal you can cut with a spoon and it dosnt boil till 1400 degrees.

Malaikah
09-28-2008, 03:13 AM
^Lithium would be interesting just because of its use in mood related medicine.

Or sodium, which goes crazy when you add it to water!

Or, look for something poisonous! That's always interesting. Is arsenic trioxide a poison?

Or maybe something radioactive, like radium?

Or how about mercury, the only liquid metal?

Only other compound I can think of is titanium dioxide - used in white paints and I think sky writing.

barney
09-28-2008, 03:45 AM
Cesium is Liquid as well and Gallium, although a solid, in the earths atmosphere would be gaseous.:o

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
alcurad
09-28-2008, 04:10 AM
borax

roohani.doctor
09-28-2008, 06:20 AM
woah cool topics, I could find a lot of stuff on some of these...lithium or borax sound good...lol

jazakallah khairan... :)

....ima just gona talk to me prof and then figure out exactly wut she is lookin for before i start researching.... again thank you. May Allah bless you all.

:D

layla is here
09-29-2008, 04:41 PM
I would pick sulfur dioxide since it is the only one I am even remotely aware of:statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.