/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eid in your country!

Silver
09-28-2008, 11:02 AM
:sl:
I thought it would be interesting to see how you celebrate the Eid in your countries.

Here in Lebanon (Tripoli) , in the end of Ramadan the Musa77ers (the ones that wakes people up for Suhoor) visit all houses to collect money, they beat on their drums and when they get to a house they start singing some Anasheeds.

Then when the date of the Eid is confirmed, some kids and young people go out on the streets beating on their drums. They carry muslim flags and wear traditional islamic clothing.

On the day of the Eid, people go to the mosque for prayer wearing new clothes and then they go visit familiy and friends.

I always have lunch at my grandparents' house: all of my cousins, uncles and aunts are there. There are usually about 52 people on the table!

A lot of lebanese food is served: Wara2 3enab (rice and meat wrapped in vine leaves), kebbeh, tabbouleh (a salad)...etc Then ma3moul (arab sweets) is served.

Children receive money and gifts and they go to amusement parks...

The celebrations last for 3 days...Eid el-fitr is an official holiday in Lebanon. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.