/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Covering your head

Leyla73
09-28-2008, 01:26 PM
:sl:

Some women cover their head because their husband, father or brother force them too. But what if she wears it without wanting to. I mean, she doesn't wear it because she thinks it's right. But because she is forced to. Does that count as a good thing for her even though she doesn't want to do it? And is it a sin for the man who forces her to wear it? I'm so confused! :?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
09-28-2008, 01:47 PM
you wear the hijab for the sake of Allah swt, not for people,

The husbands , fathers and brothers are only asking for something halal to be done.
so the women should obey them, if you obey them , you obey Alah swt.

The men should ask them lovingly i think, they will be questioned on the day of judgement about it.

Leyla73
09-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Yes but if a women wears it just because she is scared of the man who forces her, does it still count as she's doing something "good"?
Thanks anyways =)

islamirama
09-28-2008, 03:48 PM
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

In Islam you get reward for what you intended, so it's all based on your intentions. Two people can do hajj and one does it to show off and one to earn pleasure of Allah, both will get what they intended for. Same thing here, one who covers by obey Allah as He commands Himself in the His book and for pleasing Allah will get that reward, one who wears for other intentions will get that.

As for mahrams forcing their females to wear proper hijab, this is allowed. They shouldn't be aggressive but try to explain and educate the girl also and not just say "just do it cuz i said so". Anyways, it is a direct command of Allah and not only with the girl be punished for disboey but the mahrams will be punished as well because she is in their care. Once she gets married, then the father and brothers could careless what she does because she is in the care of the Husband and he will be punished on J-Day if she doesn't wear hijab of does evil and he doesn't fix her ways.

visit here inshallah
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/93775

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
barrio79
09-29-2008, 02:49 AM
one should cover one's head during inclement weather

barney
09-29-2008, 02:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Leyla73
Yes but if a women wears it just because she is scared of the man who forces her, does it still count as she's doing something "good"?
Thanks anyways =)
Well doing something halal is, in the muslim sense always going to be good. The reasons your doing it should be to please Allah, not your husband. If he is forcing you to wear it by threats, I think thats Haram.But....

I dont know how this relates to the surah about remonstrating with/ chastising "disobediant" women.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.