/* */

PDA

View Full Version : It's Fusionman!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-28-2008, 10:01 PM
:sl:

Fusionman Yves Rossy, not to be confused with Buzz Lightyear, successfully crossed the English Channel today -- the first to do so in a solo flight with jet-propelled wing. Rossy was dropped from a plane at 8,200 feet and flew 22-miles in under 10 minutes from Calais to Dover. When asked by National Geographic's Kathryn Liptrott if he was worried about risk, Rossy replied, "I'm not worried about risk, I manage risk." We've so gotta meet this guy. If you're looking to pick up one of these jet powered carbon-fiber wings for your own unspeakable mischief, expect to pay around the $190,000 mark. Rossy is eager to see these aviation wonders catch on and has designs on forming a Red Arrows-style aerobatic team one day.

[Via BBC News]

Video of his flight here:

http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/26/f...-via-jet-wing/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
09-28-2008, 10:02 PM
:wasalamex

WoW...that looks kinda...heavy? :ooh:

LoL

WassalamuAlaykum

Güven
09-28-2008, 10:14 PM
WOOOOW that looooooooooooks awesomeeeeeeeeeeee
And that video was sikkkk :ooh::ooh::ooh:

he looks like hes from a sci-fi movie lol

:w:

chacha_jalebi
09-28-2008, 10:23 PM
i want that!!! :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
09-28-2008, 10:25 PM
$190,000

Eid gift maybe?

SubhanAllah I could fly around the world and be back in time for Lunch :D

chacha_jalebi
09-28-2008, 10:27 PM
i didnt see the price :embarrass

might aswell make my own one somehow:D

Mikayeel
09-28-2008, 10:27 PM

Woww, My dream!! As a young man i always wanted to fly, and now i still want to fly! This could be my chance :D

Re.TiReD
09-28-2008, 10:28 PM
I'm not messing or anything but please dont try this at home kids, I want all my bro's in one piece on Eid :(

chacha_jalebi
09-28-2008, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by raOnar

Woww, My dream!! As a young man i always wanted to fly, and now i still want to fly! This could be my chance :D
well its your good luck day:D i have devised a plan for you akhi

go to a cliff, make your arms like a flyin man and il push you :D then you can fly,

btw after flyin, your health cannot be my liability:-[

Güven
09-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Why dont you just get an helicopter instead of this sci fi flying futuristic thing lol :D

Afifa
09-28-2008, 11:34 PM
or even better a plane :D

Nájlá
09-28-2008, 11:36 PM
that is sik

MARTYR
09-29-2008, 07:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
WOOOOW that looooooooooooks awesomeeeeeeeeeeee
And that video was sikkkk :ooh::ooh::ooh:

he looks like hes from a sci-fi movie lol

:w:
Does he run on unleaded;;;;;

MARTYR

Proud Islamic Revert

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!