/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A question for my sisters.... - SISTERS ONLY

bewildred
09-28-2008, 11:49 PM
I feel really :-[ asking this question. Sisters, please, do help me as quickly as you can. Here is my question. If the PMS extend for more than ten days (and it's the first time that it happens) can one du Ghusl and start fasting and praying???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
innocent
09-29-2008, 10:06 AM
If you're talking about your period yes its okay to fast and pray as there is a cut off point and I think it is ten days. Lots of people have problems with continuous periods and other stuff and after the cut off point as long as they do wudu before each prayer they can pray as normal.

Re.TiReD
09-29-2008, 12:08 PM
:salamext:

Na'am sis, after 10 days the bleeding is classed as istihaadah and is not menstrual blood. You are required to make ghusl and perform your duties (praying, fasting etc) as you would do so normally.

Anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Argh, I just did a quick search and one opinion seems to be that the cylce can last up to 15 days, subhanAllah you'd be better off searching here insha'Allah - http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/57/menstruation

WassalamuAlaykum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.