/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Innovations

josein
09-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Salamaleikum,

I am a muslim. My family they celebrate birhdays every year. They don't have a huge party. We just get together with my parents and siblings and we just eat cake.

I started researching about this innovation and I found out that it celebrating birthdays is haram. Prohet Muhamad (PBUH) never celebrated his birthday.

This type of celebration is not in the Quran or in the Hadith.

Can you please tell me if this is halal or haram?

Thank You

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hasan Ali
09-30-2008, 09:38 PM
its haram basically cause we should follow the prophet and not judge on what he says or its a bad gunnah

Nájlá
09-30-2008, 09:45 PM
it is haram akhi

check this thread out inshallah it tells u why.

http://www.islamicboard.com/methodol...y-prophet.html

Hasan Ali
09-30-2008, 09:46 PM
good information sister

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
09-30-2008, 09:58 PM
its not a practise of islaam thats one thing, but then sendin kiddies to school and all the other places, they see that birthday are a big massive thin, and you cant just leave kiddies and say haraam no no lol,

you have to explain to them, and you have to compensate for them, like at christmas loads of kids show of their gifts and that, parents should make a effort and give gifts to kids on eid, or to really go with the flow, wrap them and put them under a date tree lol, but naa we got to explain to kids why its haraam and stuff, but at the same time show them they are not missin out on anythin, say to them, you gettin closer to your graves dont celebrate lol or wana scare them:skeleton: say your gettin closer to be wrinklier like grandad:D

but the objective is explain to them, and show them that islaam dont deny them happyness, rather it encourages happyness, like instead of cuttin a cake for the birthday, just say i dont wana celebrate my birthday, but i dont mind goin out on another day and celebratin family life lol or summin,:statisfie

alcurad
10-02-2008, 04:36 AM
it's not necessarily haram,

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503547996

Lamees
10-02-2008, 01:09 PM
I think u should ask a sheikh

Abdu-l-Majeed
10-02-2008, 01:36 PM
btw: Did anyone try clicking the link "Group of Muftis" on this link? Here you are: Group of Muftis

:D :D

Fishman
10-02-2008, 01:46 PM
:sl:
Sectarian thread.
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.