/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What are you having for Eid Lunch?

manaal
09-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Was in the middle of preparing special Eid Lunch and I thought I'd take a few minutes to start this thread.

We are having:
Mutton Biriyani and accompaniments: onion raita, green pea curry, "achcharu" (a sri Lankan raw pickle thingy), maldive fish fry and fried chicken.

Sounds like a lot, but the accompaniments are in small portions and it is the tradiional Sri Lankan Muslim festive meal. We have it for eid, weddings and any old party for that matter! Yes, we are big eaters!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
09-30-2008, 09:14 AM
you guys have a special Eid Lunch?? :X

:w:

Cabdullahi
09-30-2008, 09:55 AM
im just gonna have some quorn burgers and thats about it,inshallah

Mawaddah
09-30-2008, 10:09 AM
:sl:

Nothing really much compared to usual.
Just The Malaysian regulars :

Ketupat (rice cakes in coconut leaves)
Lemang (glutinous rice cakes cooked in bamboo pole thingys over an open fire)
Rendang
Peanut sauce
My mother is making some of her famous chicken souse and johnny bread yum yum.
And the rest we'll probably eat over by other peoples houses when we go avisiting

And I made lots of cookies and sweets and all of that stuff...can't go without it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
09-30-2008, 10:15 AM
Tomorrow we will be having:

1) Ketupat Daun Palas
2) Lemang
3) Serunding Daging
4) Rendang Daging
5) Spaghetti Bolognaise
6) Lontong

Mawaddah
09-30-2008, 10:17 AM
^ Oh yea I forgot the spaghetti! we're having that too...

------
09-30-2008, 10:25 AM
:salamext:

These sort of topic should be started in gender rooms to avoid free mixing.

Sahabiyaat
09-30-2008, 11:06 AM
SOME of us are fasting today..:mmokay:

truemuslim
09-30-2008, 04:29 PM
^ lol

u guys actually have a different lunch on eid???? wow
lol u kno here if u make food and bring it to the masjid for the eid festival (boring crap) then it disapears by the time ur done praying . lol. since sum dont pray they just go sneak to the kitchen and eat.
ther is, rice, chicken, fries, HUMMAS,paki stuff you'll never know what they are, INDIAN stuff which look wierd, but taste good (biryaniii!!) *thinks*...em..i forget..OH YEH! Cotton candy sold and made by the scary clown lady who is very very mean if u make fun of her face, and of course, cupcakes, which u never taste, u just hear of them.

i, however, am different, I have my own feast in my own fiesta, its called pizza (or hamburger) aand coke.
tada. )

Amatullah_
09-30-2008, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
^ lol

lol u kno here if u make food and bring it to the masjid for the eid festival (boring crap) then it disapears by the time ur done praying . lol. since sum dont pray they just go sneak to the kitchen and eat.
ther is, rice, chicken, fries, HUMMAS,paki stuff you'll never know what they are, INDIAN stuff which look wierd, but taste good (biryaniii!!) *thinks*...em..i forget..OH YEH! Cotton candy sold and made by the scary clown lady who is very very mean if u make fun of her face, and of course, cupcakes, which u never taste, u just hear of them.

i, however, am different, I have my own feast in my own fiesta, its called pizza (or hamburger) aand coke.
tada. )
:lol:

manaal
09-30-2008, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
you guys have a special Eid Lunch?? :X
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

These sort of topic should be started in gender rooms to avoid free mixing.
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
SOME of us are fasting today..:mmokay:
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
^ lol

Wow, I didnt know it would be a surprise for some people that we have special eid lunch. Isn't that what festivals are all about? Families getting together and having a banquet? :-[

I took it for granted that it would be like that around the world, since EVERY muslims family in my country have a special biriyani lunch for eid!

I'm sorry if I offended anyone by starting this thread, I just wanted to see how Muslims around the world celebrate Eid. :-[ :-[

Sahabiyaat
10-01-2008, 03:29 PM
my familys just left me a pile of washing from our banquet!

lol but it was a good laugh :D, me feeling high on coke, must log off before coke does the talking and i get banned :-[

:D byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

suffiyan007
10-01-2008, 06:42 PM
i have lotsa food...

i ate:
1.nasi lemak sotong
2.rendang beef
3.curry chicken
4. fried vermicelli
5.himpit rice/ketupat.
6.meatball(beef) and french fries
7. chicken wing
8. tomyam noodle....

Eat what i can...ahhahha

drinkiing sirap ribena,coffee,mineral water...orange juice...mmmm real sedap!

Re.TiReD
10-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Ate summin diff at every house we went too...Only thing is, didnt eat as much as usual coz it was cold outside so came home early :(

Main thing I eated wass....Hmm....Lemme fink, Hm I'd say it was the chicken. No fish though :( :p

10-01-2008, 09:24 PM
I had a slice of pizza and a few samosas :D I think I lost my apetite to eat in Ramadan :X :embarrass

Re.TiReD
10-01-2008, 09:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rose_Ice
I had a slice of pizza and a few samosas :D I think I lost my apetite to eat in Ramadan :X :embarrass
No animals? Like frogs legs, sheep or fish? :( :p

10-01-2008, 09:28 PM
No:mmokay:

truemuslim
10-02-2008, 02:16 PM
EDIT: lol wow our masjid gets lower n lower. well this time i go and i see em have only... bagels , with nothin on them, donuts, that have each gotten a turn to have a joy ride in every persons hand, and sum fruit.

diid i mention sum things were growing hair? +o(

lol
u kno this time the masjid was worse than ever, the wars were even worse than every year :raging:

Mawaddah
10-02-2008, 02:53 PM
^ you mean the wars which take place in the que up lines? :p

truemuslim
10-02-2008, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
^ you mean the wars which take place in the que up lines? :p
lol yeh that, plusssss the table wars, getting food wars, wars with brothers, basketball wars, buyer wars, sellers wars, worker scaming wars, khutbah wars, imam wars (hilarius!), aand worse of all, prayer wars :raging::raging:

i cn tel ya all bout if but then the thread would go off topicer

Mawaddah
10-02-2008, 03:16 PM
^ lol you dont even have to tell me about it, I had a full dose of them myself and I doubt anyone has seen the likes of the wars which happen in my masjid :D :D

especially the holier-than-thou wars LOL :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.