/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who else is at work today?

Hamayun
09-30-2008, 11:54 AM
My work refused to give me time off :( so I am stuck at work.

Anyone else working on Eid?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danah
09-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Oh that must be really hard on you brother......being away from ur family...did u have the chance to pray at the morning for Eid?

Hamayun
09-30-2008, 12:14 PM
No Sister. I feel like I don't deserve to celebrate Eid because I couldn't pray :cry:

I handed in my resignation a week ago so now when I asked them for time off they said they wont even give me one minute off :(

What happens if you miss the Eid prayer? :exhausted

Danah
09-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Oh may allah reward u for ur honest intention......

about ur question, I will look up for it and back to u in sha allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
09-30-2008, 12:29 PM
I found this....in sha allha it might help

Making up Eid prayers
On the morning of Eid al-Fitr, when we reached the prayer place we found that the imam had prayed and was finishing his sermon, so we prayed the two rak’ahs of Eid whilst the imam was delivering the khutbah. Was our prayer valid or not?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Eid prayer is fard kifaayah (a communal obligation); if enough people undertake it, the rest are absolved of sin. In the scenario mentioned in the question, the obligatory duty had been discharged by those who prayed first – those to whom the imam was delivering the khutbah. For those who missed it and want to make it up, it is mustahabb for them to do so, so they should pray it without a khutbah afterwards. This was the view of Imam Maalik, al-Shaafa’i, Ahmad, al-Nakha’i and other scholars.

The basic principle concerning that is the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “When you come to the prayer, walk in a tranquil and dignified manner, and whatever you catch up with, pray, and whatever you miss, make it up.”

It was narrated from Anas that if he missed the Eid prayer with the imam, he would gather his family and freed slaves, then his freed slave ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Abi ‘Utbah would stand up and lead them in praying two rak’ahs in which he would say the takbeers.

The one who reaches the Eid prayers whilst the imam is delivering the khutbah should listen to the khutbah, then he should make up the prayer after that, so that he may achieve two good things.

And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Standing Committee for Academic Research and Issuing Fatwas, 9/306
source: http://islamqa.com/en/ref/27026

glo
09-30-2008, 12:30 PM
My Muslim social work colleague has managed to take her day off work at short notice.
She was very glad - because tomorrow she would have had work commitments which would have prevented her from taking the day off.

I imagine she is cooking away as we speak ... :D

Hamayun
09-30-2008, 12:34 PM
Thanks Saya!! Appreciate it. I am gonna make up for it ASAP.

Glo.. I did tell them in advance but because I have handed in my notice they are giving me a hard time :(

glo
09-30-2008, 12:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamayun
Glo.. I did tell them in advance but because I have handed in my notice they are giving me a hard time :(
Our employer (the local Council) is very good when it comes to taking leave, even at short notice.

My colleague has worked reduced hours all through Ramadan, going home at 3 PM, rather than 5.

I guess different employers have different policies. :(

Are you hoping to change jobs?

Hamayun
09-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Yup I am just serving my notice period till I join my new job.

Looks like your Employers are really nice people to work for :)

Re.TiReD
09-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Aww thats a pity!

I didnt get time off of work, I'm babysitting as usual :p

Intisar
09-30-2008, 02:48 PM
:sl: I'm actually heading to work in 20 mins or so inshaaAllaah, but I get off @ 4 so it's all good. :D

Hamayun
09-30-2008, 03:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameena*
:sl: I'm actually heading to work in 20 mins or so inshaaAllaah, but I get off @ 4 so it's all good. :D
Some people eh? Lucky!! :D

truemuslim
09-30-2008, 04:24 PM
i have school. does that count? :raging:

Danah
09-30-2008, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
i have school. does that count? :raging:
Oh may allah reward u all those who cant make it because of schools or work. I cant imagine having Eid and go to work
I have been in UK twice, and cant stand the fact that people are still go to work in Friday

Hasan Ali
09-30-2008, 08:12 PM
i feel you bro that why i quit my part time job

The Ruler
09-30-2008, 08:19 PM
I went to school around 7:30 am and came back roughly around 4:10 pm.

*shrug* It was a good day.

Nájlá
09-30-2008, 10:41 PM
we had school but i just didnt go i was gonna phone them up and tell them but thought nah i cant be bothered with it they know anyway. i'll just bring in a note to tell them why i didnt come.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.