Love Is Neither SeLf SeEkIn

Love Is Not Easily AnGeReD

Love Keeps No ReCoRd Of WrOngS

Love Does Not DeLiGhT In EvIL

Love, Rather Rejoices In TrUtH

Love Always PrOtEcTs

Love Always TrUsTs

Love When True Never FAILS!!!!

whenver loved is mentioned i know only the hoo hee haa haa walla walla bing bang type of love pops in to the head lol, but if you look at the stuff mentioned here, all these are a must in any love, be it between a parent and child, sister/brother, man and animal or you and your car:D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
09-30-2008, 06:39 PM
That's beautiful. :)
But do you realise that it is almost word-for-word a Bible quotation, chacha jalebi?

Re.TiReD
09-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Thats Nice...

JazakAllah khayr

Güven
09-30-2008, 07:20 PM
Niceeee :thumbs_up

but "hoo hee haa haa walla walla bing bang type of love" lol :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
alcurad
09-30-2008, 07:45 PM
never angry, ever trusting hmmm kind of like the definition of, well...?>
also never seeking yourself? I don't know what seeking yourself exactly means, but I thought it was good:)

but seriously, what is love?
I don't really think there is such a thing as 'love' rather it's a misnomer for 'strong emotions', whatever these emotions are. thus we have some saying love and hatred are two sides of a coin...

Ansariyah
09-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Love is when my Dad came running to my mom n catched her in his arms mid air, as she fall down the stairs.

Wow that was soo ahem sweet to see. n Then my dad kept holding my mom like that, he forgot to put her down, she slapped him lol. "Put me down". N he goes, waait why u rushing:eek:..eventually he let her go:p:

I pretended like I saw nothing:-[

Ar-RaYYan
09-30-2008, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
Love is when my Dad came running to my mom n catched her in his arms mid air, as she fall down the stairs.

Wow that was soo ahem sweet to see. n Then my dad kept holding my mom like that, he forgot to put her down, she slapped him lol. "Put me down". N he goes, waait why u rushing:eek:..eventually he let her go:p:

I pretended like I saw nothing:-[
ooh thats so sweet sis :statisfie

i think love is among those things bro chacha_jalebi mentioned and anywas different people see and use love in different ways.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-30-2008, 08:07 PM
:sl:

What is love? The Faqeeh of Love, Ibn Hazm al-Andalusi wrote in his book Tawq al-Hamamah:
Of Love–may God exalt you! -the first part is jesting, and the last part is right earnestness. So majestic are its diverse aspects, they are too subtle to be described; their reality can only be apprehended by personal experience. Love is neither disapproved by Religion, nor prohibited by the Law; for every heart is in God’s hands.

Hasan Ali
09-30-2008, 08:10 PM
good one

- Qatada -
09-30-2008, 08:46 PM
:salamext:

its when u wna SHOUT OUT to the whole world - to tell them what you're feeling!! :D n u feel all ticklish inside.. lol

Danah
09-30-2008, 08:56 PM
soo true not only that general mean of love that many people think of

Hasan Ali
09-30-2008, 09:05 PM
man when you first wrote that title i thought someone was writhing about taht song

Eric H
09-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Greetings and peace be with you chacha_jalebi;:

Here is the Bible verse as glo says, your quote is in bold and is often used at weddings.
1 Corinthians 13

Love
1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
In the spirit of praying to a loving and merciful God

Eric

Ansariyah
09-30-2008, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hasan Ali
man when you first wrote that title i thought someone was writhing about taht song
which song?

Hasan Ali
09-30-2008, 09:23 PM
dont remember but in the song its says what is love babe dont love me lol i heard it on a game

Nájlá
09-30-2008, 09:39 PM
er thats like soo true

jazakallah khair chacha

lol sis yanoora bless ur parents :D

chacha_jalebi
09-30-2008, 09:51 PM
But do you realise that it is almost word-for-word a Bible quotation, chacha jalebi?
no i didnt know that :D, i just saw erics post, i think thats where the person got this whole post from!!

only such messages have to be in the divine books from god innaaay!! :D

Wow that was soo ahem sweet to see. n Then my dad kept holding my mom like that, he forgot to put her down, she slapped him lol. "Put me down". N he goes, waait why u rushing..eventually he let her go:

I pretended like I saw nothing
awww! usually when i hear parents showin signs of love, i find it repulsive lol:skeleton: but thats sweet mashallah!!

What is love? The Faqeeh of Love, Ibn Hazm al-Andalusi wrote in his book Tawq al-Hamamah:
Of Love–may God exalt you! -the first part is jesting, and the last part is right earnestness. So majestic are its diverse aspects, they are too subtle to be described; their reality can only be apprehended by personal experience. Love is neither disapproved by Religion, nor prohibited by the Law; for every heart is in God’s hands.
diggidy:ooh: quite a lot of scholars have some wicked sayings you know like on love and general life, subhanallah

its when u wna SHOUT OUT to the whole world - to tell them what you're feeling!! n u feel all ticklish inside.. lol
*tickles brother qatada* let it out, let it out :D i know you love me :-[ BROTHER :D :p

but yeah love cant be described in words, neither can it be described in words, its like your relationship with Allah (swt) know one knows it except you and Allah (SwT)

thank you brother ericooo :D

and whaaaat @ bro hasan ali dont sing lol :blind:

Güven
09-30-2008, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hasan Ali
dont remember but in the song its says what is love babe dont love me lol i heard it on a game
ROFL ;D

Love is something Mysterious, it has many Directions.....the Ultimate love is ofcourse love for Allah ,
if you have love for Allah you have love for love ! Did that make sense? yes! :D

:w:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-30-2008, 10:09 PM

Love is like a misty morning after a rainy night. Love is like the dew that forms on windows on a sunny cold morning. Love is like that wind that hits your face on a beach at sunset. Love is like the silent snowfall on a bright winter's night. Love is that silence that envelops you just before the dawn. Love is when that silence speaks to you a thousand words. Love is like the passing of seasons, like the coming of a warm spring after a blistering winter or like the coming of autumn after a humid summer. Love is when you are heard without ever uttering a word. Love is when time stands still, reminiscent of past memories...

Disclaimer: Please understand the above in the context of a married couple. :skeleton:

Danah
09-30-2008, 10:14 PM
sure.....

I like this sentence :
Love is when you are heard without ever uttering a word
nowadays its hard to find friends like that

------
10-01-2008, 08:56 AM

Love When True Never FAILS!!!!
Wanna bet??!!

glo
10-01-2008, 09:50 AM
This topic reminds me of a post I posted in the mixed female section a while ago

Perhaps it is appropriate to post it here too (I have removed a few quotes):

What does Love mean?
A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds, 'What does love mean?'
The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined. See what you think:

'When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore.

So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love.'

Rebecca- age 8
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different.
You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.'

Billy - age 4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs.'
Chrissy - age 6

'Love is what makes you smile when you're tired.'
Terri - age 4

'Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK.'
Danny - age 7

'Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.'
Bobby - age 7 (Wow!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate,'

Nikka - age 6
(we need a few million more Nikka's on this planet)

'Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well.'
Tommy - age 6

'During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling.

He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore.'

Cindy - age 8

'My mommy loves me more than anybody

You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night.'

Clare - age 6

'Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken.'
Elaine-age 5

'I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones.'
Lauren - age 4

'You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget.'
Jessica - age 8

And the final one -- Author and lecturer Leo Buscaglia once talked about a contest he was asked to judge.

The purpose of the contest was to find the most caring child.

The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbour was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife.

Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there.

When his Mother asked what he had said to the neighbour, the little boy said,
'Nothing, I just helped him cry'

Eric H
10-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Greetings and peace be with you glo,

Kids are amazing, such a shame we grow up, I like this one....

'If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate,'

Nikka - age 6
(we need a few million more Nikka's on this planet)
In the spirit of praying to a loving and merciful God.

Eric

------
10-01-2008, 10:10 AM

'When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different.
You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.'
Billy - age 4
So true... *sigh*

Snowflake
10-01-2008, 10:40 AM
lol mashaAllah@some post <3

format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
its when u wna SHOUT OUT to the whole world - to tell them what you're feeling!! :D n u feel all ticklish inside.. lol
I usually feel like that when I've got pins and needles lol!
mashaAllah that's sweet though :D

TOP post! :thumbs_up

Sahabiyaat
10-01-2008, 03:58 PM
^ lol i know!,i think its all copied from iwannagetmarried.com:giggling:

we want your description wak, your married now!!! so no excuses!

my defintion of love is......

when somebody elses happiness, comfort and ease, matter much more than yours. So i will get up and do the dishes when i know my mum has had a hard day, and ill give her what im eating even tho im starving.

------
10-01-2008, 04:00 PM

Love is when you sacrifice your love and everything you have for the sake of the other person's happiness...
even though you're dying inside...

MinAhlilHadeeth
10-01-2008, 05:05 PM

Love means different things to different people, and thus they will describe it in different ways. Sometimes, a person may tell you that they don't know how to describe the love that they feel. One thing is for sure though; love is most beautiful when it is expressed by halaal means.

TrueStranger
10-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Love is being in a state of delusion. :D

Re.TiReD
10-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Awww this thread is cuteeee! :-[ Masha'Allah :D there've been loadsa threads like this so I aint guna give my 2 rupees worth this time :D :-[

Musaafirah
10-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Love is the first melting of chocolate on your tongue! :D

Eric H
10-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Greeings and peace be with you all,

What if God loves each and every one of us as he loves himself...

In the spirit of searching for God

Eric

جوري
10-01-2008, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Sayyad

Masha'Allah Abu Sayyad -- that was so beautiful, I had to write it in my diary.. deserves reps... well once the power of reps returns.. since otherwise I am feeling evil :Evil: and need to pass some of my rage around :raging::raging: muahahahahahaha

جوري
10-01-2008, 11:01 PM
my own take..
So I'll charge you if I see it on a greeting!

love is divine, it measures on angel wings, it is born from hopes of immortality. Love seeks to tarry but hurry the time, where it can see mortal beings rent in twain and smile free..

doorster
10-02-2008, 12:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you chacha_jalebi;:

Here is the Bible verse as glo says, your quote is in bold and is often used at weddings.

In the spirit of praying to a loving and merciful God

Eric
:D I laughed so hard that I could have choked to death due to the coughing bout that started afterwards.

there is lesson in there for those who can see it

thank you! you made my day.
Peace

MustafaMc
10-02-2008, 03:14 AM
Greetings and Eid Mubarak!

To me, love is a devotion to the beloved to the exclusion of all others even when the beloved one does not seem to return that love in kind.

This concept can be exemplified by the American movie, "The Notebook" with James Garner and Gena Rowlands. http://www.darkhorizons.com/2004/notebook.php "The Notebook" is an epic love story starring Academy Award nominees James Garner, Gena Rowlands and Joan Allen opposite young breakout actors Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams. As a man (Garner) reads from a faded notebook to the woman (Rowlands) he regularly visits, his words bring to life the story of a couple (Gosling and McAdams) who are separated by World War II, then passionately reunited 7 years later, after they have taken different paths. Though her memory has faded, his words give her the chance to relive her turbulent youth and the unforgettable love they shared.

The beauty of this story is that the man returning every day to read the story is not a previously unknown co-resident of the nursing home, but rather the husband of the woman being read to who now has Alzheimer's and had forgotten who he is and his relation to her. The story that the man is reading was the journal that the woman wrote of their journey to find each other many years ago and their subsequent life together. As he read the story, there were occasional glimpses of recognition in the woman's eyes until she put it all together in a brief moment of clarity. They affectionately embraced only for the woman to almost instantly forget who this "stranger" was who had embraced her.

In Islam we have a simultaneous yet balanced love and fear of Allah. Our love for Allah is best exemplified by our devotion to Him to the exclusion of all other potential objects or entities of devotion. Our devotion to Allah is further exemplified by how earnestly we strive to obey His Will in our lives. His Will for our lives is exemplified by the Qur'an and by Prophet Muhammad's (saaws) life as preserved in the Sunnah. Therefore, our love for Allah is illustrated by how closely we apply the teachings of the Qur'an to our lives and by how closely we follow the example of Prophet Muhammad (saaws).

The thing is what do we get in return for this devotion? Well, we get the breath that we breathe, the water we drink, and the food that we eat. We also get the pleasures that our senses bring to us - the sight of a dozen hummingbirds feeding at a feeder, the scent of a freshly picked rose, the sound a mockingbird singing in the morning, and the taste of a freshly picked fig. We get the sun that rises every day to provide the energy that plants miraculously transform into food using the rain that falls from the sky, the carbon dioxide in the air, and a few nutrients from the soil. We get so many blessings that we can't even enumerate a fraction of them.

... but wait don't even the unbelievers get those very same things? What about the believers in the Oneness of Allah who don't even pray, or fast, or give charity? Yes, of course we all get these blessings and we get respite for a while, but one Day there will be an accounting to be made for our lives. The Qur'an tells us that those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah) and do good deeds (pray, fast, give charity, etc) are promised Gardens of Paradise. While we have this promise from Allah, we do our deeds of worship not in order to get the reward for our obedience only, but also to avoid the punishment for the sin of disobedience for not doing them - and this is where the fear of Allah comes in to play.

Sahabiyaat
10-02-2008, 05:33 AM
:thumbs_up

there is an indian remake of the notebook, called 'you me 'aur hum' (and us), starring a real life married couple.

anyway, akhee you made me think, isnt our existacne a bit like the notebook, Allah created us and we made him a covenant (the beggining of our union with Allah as his creatures), and then we forgot due to being distracted by the world (alzheimers) and then he sent a notebook (the quran) to remind us? , but we keep forgetting.

:)

MustafaMc
10-02-2008, 12:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
anyway, akhee you made me think, isnt our existacne a bit like the notebook, Allah created us and we made him a covenant (the beggining of our union with Allah as his creatures), and then we forgot due to being distracted by the world (alzheimers) and then he sent a notebook (the quran) to remind us? , but we keep forgetting.

:)
Yes, you are exactly correct. When we read the Qur'an we Muslims catch glimpses of that forgotten covenant with Allah made before our birth and the Qur'an speaks to our heart. However, our worldly life and the temptations to sin distract us from the Divine. Then every once in a great while we may experience a moment of clarity and we pray to Allah as if we see Him and the words we recite strike us to our core. In those moments of ihsan (perfection), it is as if nothing whatsoever exists except yourself standing, bowing or prostrating before your Creator, Allah, often with tears streaming uncontrollably down your cheeks. ...and then we rise from this moment to go again about our worldly life with all of the distractions that it entails.

Unfortunately, like you said, "we keep forgetting".:cry:

------
10-02-2008, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
Love is being in a state of delusion. :D

Oh SNAP!!!!

truemuslim
10-02-2008, 02:46 PM
aww parents love? i didnt kno thers a such thing.

love for god is the true love, love for humans is.............is...*thinks of sum used vocabulary words that would describe wat ima bout to say in one word* ....is....hard.

FatimaAsSideqah
10-02-2008, 02:52 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

MashaAllah. Nice poem!

Jazaak'Allah Khair.

Sahabiyaat
10-02-2008, 03:19 PM
this thread just reminded me of a saying, from a book i read.A man tells a woman he loves her and she replies "what is this thing called love, ...that makes even enemies of friends"...which is exactly what happens as his friend also likes her and he ends up stabbing his friend out of jealousy.

Re.TiReD
10-04-2008, 05:09 PM
I dunno wat love is anymore.

But...I think its sacrifice.

Not everybody can manage that though.

ASeeker
10-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Chacha jalebi's quotation comes from the New Testament, 1 Corinthians 13, as Eric indicates. It was written by the great Christian apostle and martyr St. Paul.

Fascinating.

doorster
10-04-2008, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ASeeker
Chacha jalebi's quotation comes from the New Testament, 1 Corinthians 13, as Eric indicates. It was written by the great Christian apostle and martyr St. Paul.

Fascinating.
Its already been established, ta very much! :rollseyes

جوري
10-04-2008, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
Its already been established, ta very much! :rollseyes
Saul/paul was talented wasn't he?
He also seemed to have Poppaea in common with Nero.. fascinating historically.. you should check her out..

doorster
10-04-2008, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
Saul/paul was talented wasn't he?
He also seemed to have Poppaea in common with Nero.. fascinating historically.. you should check her out..

(for reasons that are very apparent in this thread and elsewhere on this site) I have spoken against use of google/and or pasting from other sites.

if some text looks Islamic it does not mean that it is. when I make use of google or see any text on any site that looks appealing (and has something in common with Muslim texts) or worth sharing, I try to find out where it came from and give credit where it is due.

if, however, I fail to, then later upon being told by someone, I amend the post (or remove its content) to admit to my stupidity

edit. at risk of blowing my own trumpet, I would say that I am well versed with Paulism (as much as I need to be to realise that it aint for me, at the very least):w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.