/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what is your favorite food in Eid mubarak?

suffiyan007
09-30-2008, 07:13 PM
i like curry beef(rendang tok),chicken curry,porridge(bubur lambuk),ketupat,
lemang,sataY,chicken wing(burn chicken wing),noodle soup,and etc...Real Sedap...mmmmmm !

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
09-30-2008, 07:16 PM
I don't know what half of these dishes are, Suffiyan ... but you are making me HUNGRY! :D

Hasan Ali
09-30-2008, 07:17 PM
bbq chicken pizza seer korma tacos you know how i am

Güven
09-30-2008, 07:18 PM
favourite food in eid ????????????? eid is just a couple of days so do you get special food orsomething ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
09-30-2008, 07:24 PM
Why is this in education issues ;D

lol well yeah we do have food on Eid that we make once in a blue moon.

One of them being Rasmalai...

Güven
09-30-2008, 07:33 PM
^We need to educate from this food ;D

ooh now i know what you mean well what comes up to my mind right now is these things :

:D

Hasan Ali
09-30-2008, 07:50 PM
yeah after a long month of ramadan i love my pizza and tacos and bbq chicken. All i eat were fry and more things i love my junk food lol

suffiyan007
10-01-2008, 03:36 AM
this is malaysia rendang beef..! curry beef...must try when u come to malaysia:thumbs_up

H@fiz Aziz
10-01-2008, 03:58 AM
i be on that bbq chicken you know what i mean, them cheese/gyros pizza and them kalakan

suffiyan007
10-01-2008, 04:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by H@fiz Aziz
i be on that bbq chicken you know what i mean, them cheese/gyros pizza and them kalakan
hehehe...i am mouthwatering on the pizza u have said.:D

جوري
10-01-2008, 05:20 AM
sea food pasta but with penne in lieu of linguine

I like pomegranate soda, and chilled lemonade, but you can't really qualify those as food :D

I also like eggs.. eggspectations if one of my fav resultants

they have a thousand recipe for eggs.. but I wouldn't recommend the really funky stuff.. like 100 year old eggs, or half egg half chick dishes.. those are just disgusting
:w:

north_malaysian
10-01-2008, 06:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
:sl:
Thread moved. and title left unchanged <_<

It's so hard to check such threads when u r fasting :(
You're still fasting? Eid is going on full swing here in Malaysia...

north_malaysian
10-01-2008, 06:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
favourite food in eid ????????????? eid is just a couple of days so do you get special food orsomething ?
In Malaysia, eid al fitr is celebrated for the whole month of Shawwal...in fact people bring Eid cookies and organise Eid parties at workplaces, schools etc for the whole month.

جوري
10-01-2008, 06:54 AM
I think I love Malaysia seems like a delightful place :statisfie

north_malaysian
10-01-2008, 06:55 AM
Just had this: Spaghetti bolognaise a la Malaysia :D Alhamdulillah..

2904273156 e97574ab16 1?v0 -

Danah
10-01-2008, 08:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
In Malaysia, eid al fitr is celebrated for the whole month of Shawwal...in fact people bring Eid cookies and organise Eid parties at workplaces, schools etc for the whole month.
Oh for a whole month of Shawal ??? thats really wonderful......they must be waiting for Eid impatiently....masha allah

and do u celebrate the whole month of Ramadan like Singapore? I heard that they lighting the whole street for the whole month of Ramadan like this:

masha allah they are living their holy month moment-for-moment.....it looks sooo amazing :)

------
10-01-2008, 09:25 AM
:salamext:

Lamees
10-01-2008, 09:28 AM
My favorite Food in Eid Al-fitr is "Fseekh"..

"fseekh" is a very very very salty kind of fish..cooked with tomato or lemon..
Btw eating "fseekh" is a traditional habit in Jordan,Palestine and Egypt..

Danah
10-01-2008, 12:04 PM
this is my favorite sweets in Eid

north_malaysian
10-01-2008, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA

and do u celebrate the whole month of Ramadan like Singapore? I heard that they lighting the whole street for the whole month of Ramadan like this:

masha allah they are living their holy month moment-for-moment.....it looks sooo amazing :)
Yeah... we have lights on the streets too in most cities...

suffiyan007
10-01-2008, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Yeah... we have lights on the streets too in most cities...
north malaysian, arini raya makan apa? lepaks kat mana?

selamat hari raya North malaysian Eid mubarak!

Re.TiReD
10-01-2008, 09:04 PM

Today I ate like never b4...

Roast chicken, Biryani, Kebabs, Rasmalai, Gajar Halwa, Raita, Halwa...And loads more. Do the google image search yerselves :D

مـحـمد نـبـينا
10-01-2008, 10:30 PM

ummi's food!

:w:

suffiyan007
10-02-2008, 07:09 AM
today i cook porridge for lunch eid mubarak 2nd day? real tasty...mmmmmmmm

inside got eggs,mushroom and tomatoes...wallah!

Cabdullahi
10-02-2008, 07:32 AM
onion bhaji

suffiyan007
10-02-2008, 07:59 AM
i run out of the onion...hehe..so i put sesame oil, blackpepper, and whitepepper and some thyme!

Periwinkle18
10-02-2008, 08:20 AM
i lyke my moms Spaghetti ,chicken stick and milai boti its very gud. Rasmalai are my favs.

FatimaAsSideqah
10-02-2008, 03:42 PM

Baklava , reduced-sugar version of this classic Middle Eastern dessert, and just as delicious.

Lamb and rice casserole, lamb biryani is studded with onions, sultanas and almonds and topped with hard boiled eggs.

:D

layla is here
10-02-2008, 06:09 PM
my favourite is greek pizza

suffiyan007
10-02-2008, 06:18 PM
wow! real mouthwatering food...i would be like garfield and scooby doo eating all one shot...aahhahaha....thanks for ya post...i gain more knowledge about your cultures.:thumbs_up

'Abd-al Latif
10-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Anything, as long as i'm not eating alone :offended:

north_malaysian
10-03-2008, 12:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suffiyan007
north malaysian, arini raya makan apa? lepaks kat mana?

selamat hari raya North malaysian Eid mubarak!
Hari Raya Kedua saya balik ke Pulau Pinang melawat berdozen-dozen rumah sanak saudara di seluruh pulau (Batu Ferringhi, Teluk Bahang, Balik Pulau dan Teluk Kumbar).
(On the day after Eid I returned to Penang Island and visited dozens of relatives' homes all over the island (Batu Ferringhi, Teluk Bahang, Balik Pulau dan Teluk Kumbar)

Saya makan macam-macam jenis makanan....saya rasa berat badan saya telah naik 5 kg:D
(I've eaten varieties of meals.... I feel that I've gained 5 kg weight.:D)

Hari ini saya akan ke Sungai Petani....Insya Allah! Ada perhimpunan sanak saudara sebelah ibu saya.
(Today, I'll be going to Sungai Petani....Inshallah! There is a gathering of all relatives from my mother's side)

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri... Maaf Zahir dan Batin!!!:thumbs_up

Mikayeel
10-03-2008, 12:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lamees
My favorite Food in Eid Al-fitr is "Fseekh"..

"fseekh" is a very very very salty kind of fish..cooked with tomato or lemon..
Btw eating "fseekh" is a traditional habit in Jordan,Palestine and Egypt..
:sl:

U forgat sudan!:blind: Its our national food! Fseekh, its sooo smelly nd nasty+o(

Egyptians tend to eat it raw

Güven
10-03-2008, 12:23 AM
Fseeekh?, lol even the name sounds weird
isnt that the smoked fish thing?
Is that realy bad ? :D

Mikayeel
10-03-2008, 12:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Fseeekh?, lol even the name sounds weird
isnt that the smoked fish thing?
Is that realy bad ? :D
Its not smoked, but sundried for loooong time (the longer the better)

It does really smell bad! So bad that i have to leave the house when its made.
It taste kind of soury, nt the worst of tastes, but the smell will put u off it for as long as u can remember ;)

Mikayeel
10-03-2008, 12:30 AM
I think different countries prepare it differently though. We sundry it, others might smoke it.

More info :

Feseekh فسيخ
Feseekh in English can be transliterated into various forms, such as fisikh, fesikh, ...etc.

It is a semi-putrid form of salted and dried Grey Mullet species (Mugil spp.), a saltwater fish that lives in both the Mediterranean and the Red Seas.

The traditional process of preparing it is to dry the fish in the sun before being preserved in salt. It has a distinctive stench to it, that only its true lovers would appreciate.

The process of preparing feseekh is quite elaborate, passing from father to son in certain family. The occupation has a special name in Egypt, fasakhani فسخاني

Feseekh is traditionally eaten during Sham El Neseem شم النسيم ("Smelling the Breeze"), which is a spring celebration from ancient times in Egypt.

Every year, just before Sham El Neseem, there is a scare about feseekh consumption, and its dangers. This is not unfounded, because when prepared or stored incorrectly, Feseekh can be indeed deadly, due to toxins by food poisoning bacteria. Baldwin I, King of Jerusalem learned that the hard way, meeting his death after a feseekh meal in Egypt's north. Footnote 3 on this page on Sinai's history goes into more detail on the debate on the identiy of the Baldwin in question.

Some consider feseekh part of the good things of Egypt. Personally, I never eat it, because of the stench.

Melouha ملوحة
Melouha is considered a delicacy in the south (Upper Egypt). It is a freshwater fish called Seer (صير), which I do not know the exact English name for, but it seems to be from the Chad family.

Melouha is known to be very salty.

Research on Feseekh and Melouha

Research into odd subjects never ends.

Here are two fairly recent research papers by Egyptians about Feseekh (putrid salted Grey Mullet popular in the spring festival known as Sham El Neseem in Egypt) and Melouha (salted fish, popular in Upper Egypt).

Wonders never cease ...

STUDIES ON MICROORGANISMS CONTAMINATED SALTED FISH IN EGYPT
El-Tahan, M.H.; Hassan, S.A.; El-Awamry, Z.K. and Hamza, A.S.

Central Lab. for Food & Feed (CLFF), Agricultural Research Central, Egypt

J. Union Arab Biol., Cairo, Vol. 6(B), 339-352, 1998

270 samples of Feseekh, Melouha and Sardine (90 samples of each) were collected from Cairo markets over a period started from January 1997 to March 1998. The samples were purchased from nine main markets representing three socio-economic levels (high, medium and low). The two main factors studied were the season (summer and winter) and the sites according to the socio-economic levels. All samples were subjected to microbiological examinations to determine their hygienic quality. Results showed under all studied factors that, the total bacterial count, Staphylococcus aureus and E. coli count were higher than the acceptable limit. All the samples under observation were free from Salmonella, Clostridia and mycotoxines.

Re.TiReD
10-03-2008, 11:22 AM

Yesterday I ate the yummiest thing ever, alhamdulillah :D

Twas Falooda:

Lamees
10-03-2008, 11:41 AM
I think different countries prepare it differently though. We sundry it, others might smoke it.
Feseekh..ummi..I like it so much ..we cooked it in the 1st n 2nd days of eid el-fitr..
it is cooked it with tomato or lemon..
preparing it:
my grandma -peace be with her-once told me that they prepare it by putting a very big amount of salt on it and then burying it uderground..and after a very long time -almost months-they get it out and cook it..I don't know if they're still using this method now ..:-[

It is cooked in the same way here in jordan and palestine:)

and people here love it so much..

truemuslim
10-03-2008, 04:23 PM
aw i shouldnt have went passed this thread while fasting...now im very hungry............

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.