/* */

PDA

View Full Version : making up fasts....money...husbands

AnonymousPoster
10-01-2008, 09:29 AM
Assalamualikum.

I was hoping that someone could help me with some advice and evidence, as I will just print all these out and hand it to the sister..
If there is a sister, who is married to someone who does not practice Islam, but he did convert to Islam before marrying this sister, during the month of Ramadaan, she did not fast due to health problems, this is an ongoing health problem so she is not able to make them up, but has to pay or feed the poor….is that right? However, she does not have the money to pay for this, and will not ask her husband as he does not ‘believe’. What should she do? How should she go about making up for these fasts?
Thank you in advance

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
10-01-2008, 09:43 PM
:sl:

Thread approved

Sorry for the delay!

islamirama
10-01-2008, 09:56 PM
wa'alaikum as'salam

i would ask at fatwa-online.com or scholar by other means. The first issue here is of the husband. He no longer believes then she can't remain married to him. This has to be sorted out first and ramadan comes 2nd. Inshallah check with scholars on this, it's a shar'iah (islamic law) issue and not one requiring ppl's opinion.

AnonymousPoster
10-01-2008, 10:19 PM
:sl:
I did try looking on islamqa, and other sites, but nuthing was the right info, as in...I think this story was too specific, so I was more hoping that rather than opinions I be directed to useful sources..and thankyou for the advice, I will look into it!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.