/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Eeman strong

AnonymousPoster
10-01-2008, 10:39 AM
:sl:

I am a Muslim. I believe that there is only one God and I do believe that Muhammad (PBUH) was his messenger but what can I do to make my Eeman stronger?

I am a person who keeps an open mind and try to get both sides of every story.

So I have been reading refutations from Mulsims and also from Atheists and other religions in an attempt to strengthen my Eeman but seem to be going round in circles.

I have recently been reading this website and found myself to be even more confused.
<link removed>

and especially : <link removed>

How do you guys keep your Eeman so strong???

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
julie sarri
10-01-2008, 11:16 AM
I would say it would be better to stay away from such sites and concentrate on seeking more knowledge on Islam read the Quran and try and understand it read it with the translation if necessary if you look to much in to other religions this will confused you and shatan tries to miss lead you in to doubting. I try and keep my Eemaan strong by reading Quran every day even if it one ayah or even one page Make du'a a lot as well asking Allah swt to increase you in faith trying to read beneficial books on Islam. try also hanging around with pious practicing Muslim's.

Thinker
10-01-2008, 12:18 PM
I don't know what the sites were as they have been deleted (!!) but I would say that God gave us the ability to make decisions and if we don't examine the evidence before us (by burying our heads in the sand) we are not using the gifts he gave us.

AnonymousPoster
10-01-2008, 12:58 PM
It is not that I have any doubts about Islam or about the message of Allah. Those are crystal clear and un-deniable to anyone with an open mind and understanding.

My question may have come across as though I was doubting my faith. That is not the case. What I really wanted to know is how some of you have such a strong dedication and commitment.

As for the refutations they do seem confusing but also tend to go off on tangent and always seem to be about trivial things that are hardly important.

Thanks for your advice sister Julie. I will follow it seriously.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
10-01-2008, 01:31 PM
It may appear that everyone is in top form when it comes to their imaan, but that is not so. Sometimes, you come across people who seem to be so strong in their deen but as you get to know them better, you find they too have bad days and faults like anyone else. It's said that the imaan is like the wings of a bird. So naturally it goes up and down. All we can do is keep asking Allah to forgive our weaknesses and keep striving to please Allah.

I don't know if it's like this for others but my view is that, providing you keep trying, the imaan matures over time and when you do fall, you don't fall all the way down.. perhaps you slip a few rungs down the ladder. And so you don't have far to climb back up again inshaAllah. Allahu alim we all have the same goal but different ways of getting there. May Allah help us all. Ameen.

P.S. Sorry if that wasn't helpful. I'm not particularly feeling very strong right now. :(

Ansariyah
10-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Learn new things bout ur deen everyday, with knowledge u can always do more inshaAllah.

be sensible
10-01-2008, 09:08 PM
That is not the case. What I really wanted to know is how some of you have such a strong dedication and commitment.

As for the refutations they do seem confusing but also tend to go off on tangent and always seem to be about trivial things that are hardly important.

:w:[/QUOTE]

Knowledge is the key to everything more knowledge you gain about Islam you will notice that your faith and imaan will increase day by day. Make your dua to Allah (swt) personal ask Allah to help you and make your path easy for you.

The way I look at is in simple context such as what is required in Islam how to be a good muslim the basic teaching of the Quran. Take instructions and apply it to actions.

such as always remember the purpose of life is a test. you can keep your imaan strong by doing what is good and forbidding what is bad. That can be done in one way. The way I see it is Allah (swt) is everwhere he knows what is in our heart he knows what we think he sees everything. We may hide it from the world but we cant hide anything from Allah (swt) So always remember Allah in every situation.

You can also think of the three elements below
Control your tongue: speak what is good other wise its best not to say anything.
Control your eyes: If you see something your not suppose to see after first glance look away.
Control your mind: You cant control what comes into your mind but you can control the things that you choose to dwell over. Your thoughts become your actions and your actions becomes your desitny.

Remember for every action comes with consequence so take responsibilty always choose to follow what is good for your self and for the people around you. Good deeds can increase your faith and bad deeds decrease your faith. Such as music movies all play with our imaan. Media can often portay picture which can be misleading on the outside everything looks happy and simple and but it can actually influence the mind in a negative way. Things are not always as they seem there is something always deeper than that. How many times did you think of something to be in a certain way but at the end it turned out to be something else.

Try to evaluate your day and ask your self what you did today. You be amazed how much the littlest things make difference likebeing nice to your family being kind to your eldest and controlling your tongues in anger. You get reward for all the littlest things you do. For every goodness their is great reward it enhances the person you are. Read upon stories on Muhammed (pbuh) and how he lived his life. Inshallah remember that this life is test and what ever comes in our way it is only will of Allah. Rememberence of Allah will inshallah strengthen your imaan.

I dont know if this will be any help but thats my view point and how I look at it. (sorry if it is looooong lol)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.