/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Day of Rising.

Tanya Khan
10-01-2008, 03:27 PM
:sl:

I have just read a book called, 'The Day of Rising' and I have never been so scared and fearful in my life. I cried through it. :cry:

I have done so many bad things that I will have to account for on Judgment Day. I read so many Islamic books,yet I never change. What is wrong with me? Why is it so hard to follow the straight path? :cry: :enough!:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
10-01-2008, 09:38 PM
:sl:

thread approved.

Brother/sister, u do want to change ur details to muslim, is better dnt u think ? :D

alcurad
10-02-2008, 03:47 AM
well, just reading 'Islamic' books will not change anything. Theory is different than practice, and unfortunately the theory in many so called 'Islamic' books is not practical.

first of all determine what needs to be changed, something that could be actually done, if it's too hard and you still want to do it, divide and conqueror:).

by saying 'I can't change' you are convincing yourself that you can't.

secondly, there are many good articles/books - and they don't need to be Islamic, whatever that means- that offer concrete ways to change behavior you don't like, found in the self help section of libraries for example.

you don't need to buy some expensive glossy covered bestseller, Google is quite handy...

generally programs and routines are better than impulsiveness that withers away after a little while. I liked an article by one brother in his blog, who upon the start of this year's Ramadan stated that he will pray and perform Ibadah in an amount that he could keep up throughout the whole month. not more, not less.

and yes, it is important to remember the last day, but if you find youself dwelling too long on such concepts then you've missed the point.

I hope this helps, and best of luck.

Hamayun
10-02-2008, 11:13 AM
No book will do what Salaat will. (May Allah help me practice before I preach)

Pray once a day at least. It does wonders. Speak to Allah and ask him to guide you. You will be surprised with the results :)

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
be sensible
10-02-2008, 03:54 PM
It can be hard following the right path but take it each day at a time step by step. Do one good thing every day try to keep positive. It can be hard to implement every thing when we read reliious books it can be a lot of information to take in and it also makes you think I know it can be frightening but take that as a positive inforcement.

Look at as now you have the knowledge you know why we are all here and every actions we make we are judged for it. try not to be frightened about it take control of the situation. Ask for forgiveness for the past and focus on today and try your best to do much good as you can each day.

Read the quran translation for guideness and try to do your regular prayers because salah is the key to way of life. It has been said that praying five times a day and doing ozu five times a day is like washing your sins away there are some good hadith quote regarding salah you can read up on those to see how they can benefit you.

You can ask Allah (Swt) to make your path easier for you through salah. Also you can spend some time watching islamic talks and lectures I watch this programme call faith horizon on peace tv which is quite good as it teaches about how to be a good muslim as on a general basis.

change can take place via getting more knowledge acting up on what you have learned. Try to gain more knowledge and inshallah it will come naturally to you take step by step.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.