/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ebrahim College?

'Abd al-Baari
10-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh,

Does anybody know anything about Ebrahim College, London? Would they recommend it?

Any information is much appreicated, Insha'Allah! :D

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
10-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Wa Alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

I was thinking of going there a while back, hmm, I didnt really like it, I only had stepped in there to speak to some brothers and see what the place was like but I didnt really like to be honest, I set up an interview and then on the day I didnt feel like going there, it was not as welcoming as I thought it would be. But the thing is that I could be wrong, it could have been the stress they ahd of trying to sort out places and everything, Allah knows best.

I would recommend you go there and see for yourself.

As for info, it does distance courses I think, as a sister once came into a booksho and asked for a book because of a course she was doing there, and also, it does Alevels I think in some subjects. It is very close to whitechapel Masjid.

'Abd al-Baari
10-01-2008, 04:16 PM
:sl:

JazakAllah Khayr akhee,

I'm seriously considering doing a course there, from what I understand so far, they run a 7 year 'aalim class, and through the first three years, it runs alongise 2 A-Levels [RE & Arabic] and through the second three years it runs alongside a BA Degree [Islamic Sciences & Society].

At the moment it sounds very appealing to me! I'm hoping to Insha'Allah go and check it out someday.

Do you know anything about the area? Since it doesn't provide boarding, accomadation would be something that i'd have to look for..?

layla is here
10-02-2008, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Baari
:sl:

JazakAllah Khayr akhee,

I'm seriously considering doing a course there, from what I understand so far, they run a 7 year 'aalim class, and through the first three years, it runs alongise 2 A-Levels [RE & Arabic] and through the second three years it runs alongside a BA Degree [Islamic Sciences & Society].

At the moment it sounds very appealing to me! I'm hoping to Insha'Allah go and check it out someday.

Do you know anything about the area? Since it doesn't provide boarding, accomadation would be something that i'd have to look for..?

Subhanaallah, that sounds great. Good luck in your studies!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali.
10-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Have you visited the site, bro'?

I think it'd be best if you check the place out personally yourself. :)

Trumble
10-09-2008, 12:21 PM
From their own website;

"All assessment and subsequent certification is currently internal. This means
that courses in their existing formats are not accredited by any formal awarding body".

In other words, any qualification obtained there (as distinct from what you might actually learn) would be completely useless. Avoid; there accredited alternatives, at degree level at least.

Umar001
10-09-2008, 06:02 PM
The area is full of Muslims, asians I think. loads, and it is near a big mosque. like 5 minutes away, not even that I dont think. Also, it is near Tayyibun institute.

'Abd al-Baari
10-09-2008, 07:11 PM
:sl:,

From their own website;

"All assessment and subsequent certification is currently internal. This means
that courses in their existing formats are not accredited by any formal awarding body".

In other words, any qualification obtained there (as distinct from what you might actually learn) would be completely useless. Avoid; there accredited alternatives, at degree level at least.
I must have missed that, thank you for pointing that out. :)

The area is full of Muslims, asians I think. loads, and it is near a big mosque. like 5 minutes away, not even that I dont think. Also, it is near Tayyibun institute
masha'Allah!, jazakAllah Khayr bro!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.