To use against Muslims;;;

OH BY THE WAY;;

DID I MENTION THAT I AM WHITE;;;;;
I AM ON YOUR SIDE;

PROUD ISLAMIC REVERT;

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamayun
10-02-2008, 08:40 AM
If you don't want to deal with Alcohol then don't work in a place that sells it. Simple...

But at the same time Tesco should have been a bit more flexible and maybe transfered him to another department.

I think both parties could have avoided the situation.

Cabdullahi
10-02-2008, 08:41 AM
brother u are on our side to preach islam not hatred,but if u are into hating then we are not with u!

MARTYR
10-02-2008, 09:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
brother u are on our side to preach islam not hatred,but if u are into hating then we are not with u!
Perhaps you have misunderstood what i am saying;;
I AM NOT IN TO HATING;;
But to be honest,, since Reverting, i have spent a lot of time
Defending my reasons for Embracing Islam, to non believers
and this sort of behaviour simply does not help.

Martyr

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamayun
10-02-2008, 09:05 AM
Bro you do know that in Islam the person who handles Alcohol is just as bad as the person who drinks it? I can understand if he didn't wanna have anything to do with the alcohol.

But saying that if you know that where you work is dealing in Haram things then you should change your job.

MARTYR
10-02-2008, 09:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamayun
If you don't want to deal with Alcohol then don't work in a place that sells it. Simple...

But at the same time Tesco should have been a bit more flexible and maybe transfered him to another department.

I think both parties could have avoided the situation.
Good point Brother;;

I understand that, as he had trained to gain his fork truck license
at Tesco expense, it was in his agrreement to work as a fork lift driver
in the warehouse.

Martyr

MARTYR
10-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Bro you do know that in Islam the person who handles Alcohol is just as bad as the person who drinks it? I can understand if he didn't wanna have anything to do with the alcohol.

But saying that if you know that where you work is dealing in Haram things then you should change your job.
Yes Brother,,

Being a recent Revert I Am of course aware that it is against Islam
To touch Alcohol in any way,,
Which of course brings me to the point that this brother must have been
aware when he took this Job;; which leads me to the sneaking suspicion
was he in it for the compensastion, i may of course be wrong,
Martyr.

Hamayun
10-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Yeah it would be adviseable to check before taking up a job to make sure that you job doesn't involve doing things that go against your religion.

We can't judge because only Allah knows what was in his heart but yes I agree that he is to blame to some extent for not checking before hand.

julie sarri
10-02-2008, 09:41 AM
I am a white revert sister and in the beginning it was hard i felt i had to Defend my reasons for Embracing Islam to non muslims but then i said to my self i wanted to revert to Islam it was my choice so why should i worry about what they think about me i worry only what Allah swt thinks of me.

And as Muslim we all should no that handling Alcohol is haraam and a place like tesco it all to easy to end up touching things that would be haraam such as alcohol and pork products i think depending on where you live is also a thing becouse in my local tesco my husband has friends and they work only in the fruit and veg and also the bread parts of the shop and they don't get asked to touch anything haraam. i live in a area where there are a lot of Muslim's but if you live in a area where there are not that many muslims it would have been better for a Muslim to fine another job.

whether or not he has done it for compensation then we should just say Allah knows best

MARTYR
10-02-2008, 10:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by julie sarri
I am a white revert sister and in the beginning it was hard i felt i had to Defend my reasons for Embracing Islam to non muslims but then i said to my self i wanted to revert to Islam it was my choice so why should i worry about what they think about me i worry only what Allah swt thinks of me.

And as Muslim we all should no that handling Alcohol is haraam and a place like tesco it all to easy to end up touching things that would be haraam such as alcohol and pork products i think depending on where you live is also a thing becouse in my local tesco my husband has friends and they work only in the fruit and veg and also the bread parts of the shop and they don't get asked to touch anything haraam. i live in a area where there are a lot of Muslim's but if you live in a area where there are not that many muslims it would have been better for a Muslim to fine another job.

whether or not he has done it for compensation then we should just say Allah knows best
INSHALLA SISTER

Thank you for your understanding answer to my post,,
Being a Revert yourself, you understand where i am coming from,
perhaps when i originaly posted my thread i could have worded it slightly better,
I dont want to give people the wrong impression.

MARSHALLA
Martyr
Proud Islamic Revert

glo
10-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Martyr, perhaps you need to understand that writing in CAPITALS in forum posts is often equated with SHOUTING.
That may be the reason why your original posts was perceived quite negatively by some ...

Peace

Muezzin
10-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Yeah, using all capitals often is interpreted as shouting online. Use bold instead. It fulfills the same function and it makes you sound like Arnold.

Exactly.

MARTYR
10-02-2008, 01:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Martyr, perhaps you need to understand that writing in CAPITALS in forum posts is often equated with SHOUTING.
That may be the reason why your original posts was perceived quite negatively by some ...

Peace
Point Taken

Martyr

MARTYR
10-02-2008, 01:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Yeah, using all capitals often is interpreted as shouting online. Use bold instead. It fulfills the same function and it makes you sound like Arnold.

Exactly.
I have still got my L plates on ref computers;;

But Who Is Arnold;;

Martyr

Muezzin
10-03-2008, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MARTYR
I have still got my L plates on ref computers;;

But Who Is Arnold;;

Martyr
Everyone knows Arnold.

Silver
10-03-2008, 06:16 PM
A muslim is not supposed to even be in a place where he knows there is alcohol. He knew of course that Tesco sold alcohol so he shouldn't have worked there in the first place.
He has no right to sue Tesco...

suffiyan007
10-03-2008, 06:20 PM
My local here have tesco also, they have liquor department...is for those who non-muslim to handle liquor selling...why wanna so typical...? even though i last time working in a small mini market...selling beers tiger,carlsberg,and etc and lotsa liquor like oTard,brandy and etc..i know in hadith Muhammad SAW talk about drinking khamar(liquor),serve khamar,give khamar and etc...is a serious sin...but we in modern world of working sometime we are force to do that work and to earn money for our living...if can i wouldn't handle liquor...is because of forcing and we must patience..:rollseyes

layla is here
10-03-2008, 06:22 PM
what a stupid guy!

suffiyan007
10-03-2008, 06:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by layla is here
what a stupid guy!
is a ready past....i didnt work in liquor section..because last time i am cashier..so everyday count customer money that non-muslim buying liquor...so i had to do this because of the job..Allah is understanding...i am not Stupid..:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Snowflake
10-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Allah is understanding...i am not Stupid..
^lol I'm sure she meant the guy in the news bro

it's clear that handling alcohol for the purpose of delivering it to consumers with the intention that they will buy/drink it is haram, but since the guy was only 'moving it' from one place to the next, I wonder if it's considered as transporting it for the same reason? Just a thought...

Anyway.. I think the guy's making a big deal out of it. Doesn't he realise his wages also come from sales that involve alcohol?!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.