/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Doctors: Is this true?

Hamayun
10-02-2008, 11:03 AM
:sl:

My uncle has been a Doctor for 25 years. He has seen many people die before his eyes.

Last night we were talking about death. He said that in every single death he has seen the person who is dying knows it about 3 minutes before he dies.

His observations were:
  • Old people seem to cry more for their life than young people when dying.
  • 3-5 minutes before death people crying for life will stop crying and seem relaxed. Almost as if they know whats happening and its not so bad.
  • 3-5 minutes before the person dies he starts pulling off his drip etc and signalling to say "Its ok. Time to go."

These observations were based on people dying from an illness only. Not an accident or sudden death.

Are there any Doctors here that have had similar experience?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
youngsister
10-02-2008, 11:10 AM
:sl:
Subxanallah I didnt see many people die alhamdullah but I am sure when i graduate i would see plenty (midwifery/nursing student).

3-5 minutes before death people crying for life will stop crying and seem relaxed. Almost as if they know whats happening and its not so bad.
^Very true, i seen a woman who cried for days but before she died she just stopped and did seem relaxed, I was kind of freaked out. Subxanallah.

Another muslim brother who is dying was also quiet he could make noises but in a weird way he seemed so relaxed, his family was by his side making lots of Dua, subxanallah :(

جوري
10-02-2008, 06:44 PM
yes people know as they are dying..
I remember one guy in particular, an AIDS patient, who was suffering from AIDS related dementia ( was completely out of it). He crashed, we got the crash carte, 'brought him back' and then we were rushing him to ICU.. his eyes met mine.. he had the most lucid understanding look on his face.. a look of someone conceding his surrender.. he died later that evening in ICU..

It is never easy being around so much death.. it is anyone's turn at any moment...
It is actually nice when you leave the hospital, and it smells of night or rain, or people simply walking .. it is so surprising how people take such simple pleasure as being granted a day of life for granted.. Every day truly is a gift..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.