/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When I give Advice I feel bad

Ansariyah
10-02-2008, 11:28 AM
:sl:

I dnt kno why I feel this way. Every single time I try to give dawah I get so sad. Like I am not worhty to give it not old enuff etc. I fear that I come across as judgemental. Am I judgemental? I think I should stop wid it. It's better that way.

But then again I like helping people! (When I have the time). I feel like its better that people dont know that I am capable to give dawah or advice, n when I do I feel so bad.

Its my heart, it hurts so much. Like there is this feeling. Even I dont know whats wrong...I will stop talking :X

Gosh im such a drama queen *exits this thread*. Wats my problem!?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamayun
10-02-2008, 03:24 PM
No need to feel sad... you are only trying to help.

I am in the same boat as you. Still learning about Islam etc. But I like to help too.

As long as the information you are sharing is not false then there is no need to be sad. :)

------
10-02-2008, 03:25 PM
:salamext:

Sis I'm like that as well, don't take the advice I give other people. But hey, if they will benefit from your advice, then it's all good right?

Lamees
10-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Subhanallah!
I've just been thinking abt the same thing..but,you know what?
every time I think so ,verse 117 from surat Hud comes to my mind..read it carefully plz..

ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ ــــ

sis. If every stops advising people because he thinks that he is not capable or feels sad,then..who will do so?!

As long as the information you are sharing is not false
This is a vey important point..and remember..no one is perfect but Allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
layla is here
10-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Do not give up on advising people.
I reckon your advice is more useful then you think.
As long as you are sincere then people will understand any errors you make inshaAllah

IbnAbdulHakim
10-02-2008, 08:50 PM
i kinda get where your coming from.

its like you FEEL as though you become this huge giant degrading fish atop a horse right? and then you can feel their eyes sayin "get off that high horse you fish!!!!!!!"

yep i get you, guess what you should do, same thing i do, mainly jus give advice when the opportunity arrises, assess every situation. like a lot of people actualy ask me for advice, make yourself approachable etc etc

i get your feeling tho, you'll overcome it, try to speak wisely.. time urself pace urself

Güven
10-02-2008, 09:01 PM
I understand what you mean, I feel the same

sometimes they ask me questions wich i have not much knowledge of
and i feel like , i have to answer this right and im struggling to give the right answer wich i dont know if its right or wrong and
i feel so bad when i cant answer it right ..

Lamees
10-02-2008, 09:08 PM
sometimes they ask me questions wich i have not much knowledge of
If I don't know the right answer 100%, I say I don't know immediately..and I don't feel bad ...

Güven
10-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Well those people who i talk with dont have any other person to ask for , so its me giving the most right answer or nothing...

:w:

Lamees
10-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Aha!!

May allah guide u to the right answers brother..

Baraka Allahu Feek..

Güven
10-02-2008, 09:25 PM
^Ameeen JazakAllahu Khair Sis! :)

Ansariyah
10-02-2008, 09:59 PM
thnks everyone jkk. I just dont know why I feel this way, this isnt even for a matta thats serious or that requires any loaded knowledge, even something as simple as " say Bismilah"..like when I see people stress about how they feel anxiety, I want to tell them to say Bismilah because When I say it I feel relaxed n fearless. I just feel a lil bit like *do I have to butt in everywhere*:-[..but then again I feel Allah might punish me for my silence cause I cudve helped a situation get better:S

I try to give dawah through my behaviour, but sometime u have to talk too?

Lamees
10-02-2008, 10:12 PM
I try to give dawah through my behaviour, but sometime u have to talk too
yesssss u r right..

u know ..the solution for your problem is very simple and easy ..it is:

Du3a'..just ask Allah the almighty to remove these bad feelings..and help u to do and say the righteous things..ameen

ayan333
10-02-2008, 10:31 PM

wow same here

i feel as if the few times that i actually do give advice,that im not worthy of it..like im not knwledgable enough to be listen to

but like sis Serence said,if it helps them then its all good

ALLAHO A'3lm

youngsister
10-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Yanoorah sis you give amazing advice! Masha Allah.

I read a few replies you gave to those in need in this section and your advice is amongs the best ones subxanallah.
Keep it up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.