/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Any Dr Zakir Naik fans here?

Hamayun
10-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Seems like when it comes to the methods of Daawah by Dr Zakir Naik people seem to have mixed feelings.

Some people love him and some hate him.

I personally admire his efforts.

Although I am a much bigger fan of Sheikh Ahmad Deedat. He was such a powerful speaker.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
10-02-2008, 02:18 PM
:salamext:

Yeah I grew up listening to Ahmed Deedat (Even though I may not have understood) I remember I was so upset at his passing. SubhanAllah... Both are good masha'Allah

noorseeker
10-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Mashallah, both are very good speakers

------
10-02-2008, 02:36 PM

As I have hardly heard any Ahmed Deedat lectures, I have the utmost respect for Dr. Zakir Naik.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
10-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Yes Definitely
Dr Naik is one of my best masha allah
may allah bless that man

Hamayun
10-02-2008, 03:00 PM
If anyone has not seen the Sheikh Ahmad Deedat Vs Brother Swaggart debate then you are missing out bigtime!!! Beats watching a Hollywood action thriller hands down :D

Do a search on Google Videos for it. Get some pop corn. You will be gripped when he starts to speak :D

Re.TiReD
10-02-2008, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamayun
If anyone has not seen the Sheikh Ahmad Deedat Vs Brother Swaggart debate then you are missing out bigtime!!! Beats watching a Hollywood action thriller hands down :D

Do a search on Google Videos for it. Get some pop corn. You will be gripped when he starts to speak :D
Ahmed Deedat and Shorrosh! :D

Mikayeel
10-02-2008, 03:04 PM
:sl:

Yep zakir naik is great!! I do not understand why some people hate him, u cnt blame him for the accent he has!

TestData
10-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Ahmed Deedat was a great speaker and had some truly great debates, but his approach was more aggressive and in your face.

Dr Naik is more subtle in his approach but is equally talented, and more importantly for the modern age, he is able to give dawah to athiests.

SixTen
10-02-2008, 03:09 PM
I won't even start on this thread :X though I should advice you that he is not reliable.

Hamayun
10-02-2008, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
Ahmed Deedat and Shorrosh! :D
I am off to search for that right now :D

format_quote Originally Posted by raOnar

Yep zakir naik is great!! I do not understand why some people hate him, u cnt blame him for the accent he has!
There are several articles I have seen while searching google about Dr Zakir Naik with a heading "Zakir Naik is a Kafir" :X

There are many Muslims who say he is misleading people and mis-representing Islam.

SixTen can you please tell us why you think that?

SixTen
10-02-2008, 03:10 PM
I am off to search for that right now :D

There are several articles I have seen about Dr Zakir Naik with a heading "Zakir Naik is a Kafir" :X

There are many Muslims who say he is misleading people and mis-representing Islam.

These accusations are more fact than you may give it credit for.

Mikayeel
10-02-2008, 03:14 PM

SixTen could you back that up? Otherwise do no make comments like that!

Hamayun
10-02-2008, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SixTen
I won't even start on this thread :X though I should advice you that he is not reliable.
Can you please explain what you mean by that :)

------
10-02-2008, 03:21 PM

If you are a Muslim, then respect Zakir Naik. If you aren't, respect him anyway. The amount of knowledge and debates he has done, and the amount of people he has converted to Islaam, I doubt you would be even equal to an inch of that.

May Allaah sort your mind out, Ameen.

Assalamu Alaikum

Hamayun
10-02-2008, 03:26 PM
I have never heard Dr Zakir Naik say anything that would be against Islam. I don't understand what people mean when they accuse him of being a Kafir? :?

Mikayeel
10-02-2008, 03:34 PM
I have never heard Dr Zakir Naik say anything that would be against Islam. I don't understand what people mean when they accuse him of being a Kafir? :?
Exactly, the only people who might not like him are those who debate agianst him.

julie sarri
10-02-2008, 03:34 PM
his knowledge alone is great marshaallah even my husband who perfers to stick to the scholars of knowledge such as sheikh fowzaan, sheikh bin bazz sheikh al-albanne and so on even like to listen to dr zakir naik and we also listen to Ahmed deedat i think its good that they they both have there own way of giving dawah as some times different ways of dawah work better for different people

Güven
10-02-2008, 03:43 PM
dr. Zakir Naik is one of the best , even tho i didnt understand him in the beginning cuz of his accent :X but i got used to it MashaAllah :D

and Ahmed Deedat .....He was Great MashaAllah!
May Allah be pleased with him !

:w:

chacha_jalebi
10-02-2008, 04:13 PM
first of all, before we say anythin to scholars, we need to remember they are scholars and they have much more knowlegde then us nobooodiessss!

secondly the Yazeed issue, imam ghazali, who is really respected amongst many muslims, even gave a fatwa along the lines of the claims which were made againist yazeed, are false and have not been proven, and he said its mustahab to say Radi-Allah-Anhu for him, and you an check this fatwa up in his books!

and sheikh ibn taymiyyah, said its not right to curse him

also dont believe the shia events of karbala, Yazeed wasnt even present in karbala, he was in syria, so we cant blame him for somethin which is not proven, so its best not to speak about someone without knowlegde

personally, i think zakir naik is thaaa man :D i really love and respect him, he is doin so much for islam, and may Allah (swt) preserve him and grant him a high rank in jannah, he is just another sheikh deedat, and dare i say, a more advanced one :embarrass

journey to skyz
10-02-2008, 04:14 PM
I really like to listen Dr Zakir Naik but havent listened to ahmed deedat (i only know his name) anywayz for those people who dont like Dr Zakir i would like to know wats wrong with him........
well, just hating someone cuz you hate him iz quite ridiculous...

m102313
10-02-2008, 04:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

If you are a Muslim, then respect Zakir Naik. If you aren't, respect him anyway. The amount of knowledge and debates he has done, and the amount of people he has converted to Islaam, I doubt you would be even equal to an inch of that.

May Allaah sort your mind out, Ameen.

Assalamu Alaikum
Yeah i agree with that, Dr. Zakir Naik is a great da'ee. I think SixTen likes to be the odd one out, because we all like Dr. Zakir.

And Ameen to the Du'a ^.

Güven
10-02-2008, 04:19 PM
and yes ive heard that too that yazid wasnt there :X

but anyway ...i think ahmed deedat was a lil better but dr zakir comes close tho :D

Hamayun
10-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Zakir Naik is amazing but I preferred Ahmad Deedat's aggressive style :D. You could really see his passion in his speeches. He spoke fearlessly and with conviction. May Allah be pleased with him :)

truemuslim
10-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Yehh mashallah dr. zakir naik is veryyy knowlegable (and he can spell) , its just the accent thats so....:muddlehea..^o)..;D..but then u can understand it after. So yall quit playa hatin on a indian ,man! (or was he paki? i dunno, it dont matter)
did ahmed deedat die?

chacha_jalebi
10-02-2008, 04:43 PM
^ yeah he did die, may Allah (Swt) accept him :D

and yup he is from india,

truemuslim
10-02-2008, 04:47 PM
ohh, i never knew he died since he always on the tv and all givin his speeches, may allah grant him jannatul firdaous.

lol actually its coz the way they talk, indians and paki's talk so confusin, but yeh the point is that he is muslim

i have seen things of zakir naik that are totally stupid and against islam...but that was only because a lifeless person decided to edit it. and even worse, this lifeless person "claimed" to be muslim :(

Cabdullahi
10-02-2008, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

As I have hardly heard any Ahmed Deedat lectures, I have the utmost respect for Dr. Zakir Naik.
sister?? why havent u seen ahmed deedat's lectures mashallah he is a comedian

check it out >>http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=52DZg1ucofM

islamirama
10-02-2008, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by journey to skyz
I really like to listen Dr Zakir Naik but havent listened to ahmed deedat (i only know his name) anywayz for those people who dont like Dr Zakir i would like to know wats wrong with him........
well, just hating someone cuz you hate him iz quite ridiculous...
Ahmad Deedat was called the scholar of the bible. Mashallah he knew a lot on comparative religion and was world wide famous. I definitely recommend listening to his lectures.

Naik is trained medical doctor living in Mumbai, India. Some say Naik is like Deedhat, but the thing with Naik is that he doesn't have as much knowledge and he spread himself out too much on every topic rather then sticking to one field of study. This makes him know a little bit of everything but not a lot one any one thing, thus making his knowledge weak and sometimes unreliable. Even the scholars had to correct him on several occasions in things he had said. He's maybe good on comparative issues but not islamic fiqh.

For examle,
Zakir Naik Says:

quote:....Arabic was at its Zenith, the thing that the Arabs were most proud of, was their language, it was the age of literature and poetry, they were excellent in literature and poetry. So Allah says, that these are your letters! With your letters which you are so proud of, I (Allaah) have produced the Holy Qur’aan. He challenges all the human beings, if they want they can take the help of Jinn also, anyone besides Allaah, to try and produce a single Surah like the Holy Qur’aan.....
Said the Imaam Of Ahl-is-Sunnah wal-Jam’aa’ah :

And the Qur’aan is the Word of Allaah. It is not created . And he should not be too weak to declare it is not created and that the Word of Allaah is not (something) distinct and separate from Him (i.e., an entity in itself) and that not a single thing from it is created.

And beware of argumentation with the one who innovates in this matter and says that his recitation of the Qur’aan is created and other such claims.

And whoever hesitates in this matter and says, ‘I do not know whether it is created or not created. It is but the Word of Allah.’ Then he is a person of innovation and he is just like the one who says, ‘It is created. ’

“Indeed it is the Word of Allaah and it is not created.”

Ibn Abee Duwaad came to Imam Ahmed and said, ‘0 Ahmad, say in my ear: ‘The Qur’aan is created,’ So that I may save you from the hand of the khaleefah.’ So Imaam Ahmad said to him, “0 Ibn Abee Duwaad, say in my ear: ‘The Qur’aan is the Speech of Allah, it is not created,’ so that I save you from the punishment of Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic.”

[Taken from Usool-us-Sunnah by Imaam Ahmed (rahimahullah) ; Published by http://www.spubs.com/ ]
Should we listen to Dr Zakir Naik ?

Question:
On Sky TV, there is a lecturer Dr Zakir Naik. I
would like to find out if he is a credible, Sunni lecturer?

Answer:

Dr. Zakir Naik has proved himself to be a very credible academic on issues such as comparative religion, and this is for what he is best known. Recently however, he has began talking on other areas of Islam, where he has made some fundamental errors. Recently, he talked about the tragedy of Karbala, and he said ‘Yazid, may Allah be pleased with him.’ All scholars agree that he should not be referred to with this title, because he was responsible for the martyrdom of Imam Hussain (may Allah be pleased with him). In the past, he has made other clear errors on the issue of Aqeeda.
On this basis, he is not a credible Sunni scholar, despite his expertise in comparative religion.

http://www.islamiccentre.org/index.p...=412&Itemid=25

Güven
10-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Now This is Comedy !! One of the best speech ever :D

Media Tags are no longer supported

Ahmed Deedat was the best , MashaAllah! May Allah be Pleased with him !

Hamayun
10-02-2008, 06:56 PM
:D Haha!! That is a really funny one. He wasn't afraid of speaking his mind.

Ahmad Deedat was the best. No doubt. May Allah reward him.

chacha_jalebi
10-02-2008, 07:49 PM
to be honest, people that dont like zakir naik, have just got their own issues, like for example look at the link, islam centre thin, that bro islami rama posted up, you can see by their latest events and some of the answers to the questions they posed, they are brelvis lol, and we all know brelvis have got their serious own issues which we shall not discuss :D

so it just shows, no one can mess with zakir naik, he is a great scholar, he speaks the truth and people dnt like that, and also people get jealous of him tbh, because he is so well known and humble, and people that criticise him, are just fools o the net, or hidin behind walls, no one has publically condemned him or challenged him to a debate, which in itself shows quite a lot

Musaafirah
10-02-2008, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
sister?? why havent u seen ahmed deedat's lectures mashallah he is a comedian

check it out >>http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=52DZg1ucofM
Umm, I'm not big on videos as such,though I have seen one of his videos and thought it was great! Do you have any audio versions of his lectures. Plus as he has passed away, is it permissible to be watching his videos? Allahu a'lam
Also, I never have much time to sit and watch things, so would you know of where I can listen to audio versions of Zakir Naik's lectures so I can listen to them whilst doing my work?
Jazakallahukhair in advance!

ayesha309
10-02-2008, 08:11 PM
I think Dr. Zakir Naik is an amazing speaker. Masha'Allah he has soo much knowledge and has an amazing memory. May Allah preserve him and help him in his efforts. On account of him being younger and more "our generation" (i guess) sometimes i find his speeces more effective then Sheikh Ahmed Deedat (Allah Yarhamho). That being said, both are amazing and Dr.Zakir Naik himself has said he was inspired by Ahmeed Deedat (Allah Yarhamho)

ayan333
10-02-2008, 08:35 PM

Best speaker after Ahmed Deedat (May ALLAH (SWA) have mercy on him)

he was tought by the best

i love watching peace tv for a reason...i wrote in one post that one of my goals is to be the female version of Zakir Naik

everything he says has proof.form either the Qur'an or Hadeeth

he's memorized the Qur'an,probably thousands of Hadeeths,not to mention other holy books..he's truly amazing,ALLAH (SWA) has blessed him

1.Ahmed Deedat
2. Zakir naik
3.Anwar Al-Awlaki

and the rest i forgot their names but there are many great speaker MashALLAH

Mikayeel
10-02-2008, 08:38 PM

I am suprised 3 people do not agree with him. I would like to know why, so if thy could post a reason mayb in anonymous if yad prefer :D

Soulja Girl
10-02-2008, 08:43 PM

Ahmed Deedat (Rahimahulla) was :thumbs_up mashallah...
Hamdulillah we have a Ahmed Deedat in Zakir Naik. :D

layla is here
10-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Yes shaik Ahmad Deedat is an excellent speaker. MashaAllah.

islamirama
10-02-2008, 09:06 PM

I am suprised 3 people do not agree with him. I would like to know why, so if thy could post a reason mayb in anonymous if yad prefer :D

read my post below on him :D

truemuslim
10-02-2008, 09:07 PM
^ bcuz he makes mistakes? (or am i mistaken?)

Güven
10-02-2008, 09:08 PM
well who doesnt make mistakes

islamirama
10-02-2008, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
well who doesnt make mistakes

and you want to take your deen from someone like that when we have more knowledeable scholars present? Do you take your deen that lightly, upon which your akhirah is dependent on? Would you go to the best doctor or one that makes mistakes?

"In the past, he has made other clear errors on the issue of Aqeeda.
On this basis, he is not a credible Sunni scholar, despite his expertise in comparative religion. "

SixTen
10-02-2008, 09:40 PM

SixTen could you back that up? Otherwise do no make comments like that!
Many of his dawah, regarding the Qur'an, is utmost contradictive of what authentic tafseers state - as well as contradict many of the greatest scholars. Yes, he seems so good, when you do not have a lot of knowledge about Islam, but if you took your time to study the Qur'an, regarding what he preaches, you will find him not being just wrong, but intellectually bankrupt on many of the things he says and how he justifies oh so many things.

To put it simply, he has just made his own version of Islam, if you know what I am saying. In that, he makes verses mean things which they do not. Sure, people try excuse him with, verses could have several meanings. But believe it or not, the Qur'anic verses were given with meanings - and its one thing to have 1 verse mean a lot - but to mean contradictive meanings is an insult to the Qur'an.

Most people start getting into Naikh, in the teen years, as I did. I thought he was the grand master of dawah. Until you saw, everything he says has been refuted. Not just by non-muslims, but also MUSLIMS.

Their are things, he does say right and answer correctly. But I think, he has, imo, robbed muslims of real Islam, you can't so easily forgive him or, call him a speaker. Its more than just a "mistake". Sadly, from such roots, we have the weak dawah being spread all over the world - for many young muslims. This in turn makes them give dawah which is actually isn't true. What good is it if you convert muslims over somthing which isn't really factual? Ontop, alot of the arguements, would just make intellectuals laugh - as they really are that bad.

As for Ahmed Deedat, he doesn't get the same treatment as Naikh as, as far as I know, he hasn't "butchered" the Qur'an. He does comparative religion a lot. Again, although his arguements seemed great when I was young, having learnt a bit more about several faiths, I do feel that he does to Christianity, to say, what Robert Spencer does to Islam. Sure, Robert Spencer seems to make perfect sense to non-muslims about Islam, but that is because they are non-muslim. I have found people converting to Islam over his work, but then I know people who left Islam over works criticising Islam. Does this mean either of the dawah was factual? No not at all, just that it convinced the person. Personally, both sides actually use very weak arguements.

Want to learn about Islam? Go for the real stuff, not this modern re-translation of Islam.

truemuslim
10-02-2008, 09:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
and you want to take your deen from someone like that when we have more knowledeable scholars present? Do you take your deen that lightly, upon which your akhirah is dependent on? Would you go to the best doctor or one that makes mistakes?
Oh cmon Obama makes mistakes on his great campaigns. its called bein human.
You make mistakes (like right now). We all make mistakes, Unless we're not immune to perfection, thats completly normal.

stop hatin on zakir naik man! he is the most humanist human in the world of humans....ok not really . but cmon give him a break, he memorizes the quran, the bible, the every possible religon related book in the world, hadiths, and well he prety much has the world in his head, and he's only like 37 or worrever.

Güven
10-02-2008, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Well the best doctor obviosly if you have the money , but isnt Ahmed Deedat a good scolar ? or i mean zakir Naik not a good scolar ?

islamirama
10-02-2008, 10:06 PM
You go to a doctor who is not among the best, what happens? you loose a limb, longer illness, maybe death. You go to a questionable source of knowledge, what happens? maybe loose jannah due to wrong aqeedah....is it the same as loosing life? is it worth it?

no thanks, i don't need to go to self made scholars when something so great is on the online, and when the option exists of going to someone MORE knowledgeable.

chacha_jalebi
10-02-2008, 10:13 PM
akhi can you name us some modern day scholars which you would as you say go to...

ayan333
10-02-2008, 10:25 PM

^ subhanALLAH..iplz let me know of this "great" scholars..i must be missing out

Dr.Zakir Naik is a great scholar

what mistakes?

please inform me

it seams like theres more hatred on here then love..i mean more critics

everyones has their oponion though

JazakALLAH Khair

Hamayun
10-02-2008, 10:28 PM
No one so far has mentioned any real mistakes apart from the Yazid incident.

maryam87
10-02-2008, 10:28 PM
i have heard of Dr Zaki, his pretty good but i swear if u havent listened anything from iman Anwar al-awlaki ur missing out. In my opinon he tops, just listen to 10min from his lectures and u would gain soo much knowledge
i have all his stuff if anyones interested

maryam87
10-02-2008, 10:30 PM
What happened in the Yazid incident?

chacha_jalebi
10-02-2008, 10:37 PM
No one has mentioned a single mistake yet apart from the Yazid incident.
and that wasnt even a mistake!

these so called scholars who point out mistakes in other muslims, are just ridiculous, they want to look good by puttin down others, and the best way to find them out, is check their aqeedah, and then you can shame them up!

Güven
10-02-2008, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam87
What happened in the Yazid incident?
This isnt the right thread to talk about , it is an very important event that happened in the islamic history

well.. I leave it to Chacha :)

Ansariyah
10-02-2008, 10:41 PM
I dont know him, but I Do know what he looks like? thats about it.

maryam87
10-02-2008, 10:41 PM
ok ill google it

Güven
10-02-2008, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam87
ok ill google it
Well I have to say dont trust google so fast , cuz there are some different opiions on this matter

maryam87
10-02-2008, 10:49 PM
ok ive given up
i dont have a background knowledge on islamic history so i dont understand what they r talkin bout

Lamees
10-02-2008, 10:49 PM
I haven't known him until I searched abt him in google>>
he has a program -i guess- on Huda Tv..right?

chacha_jalebi
10-02-2008, 10:51 PM
ok i think its time we closed this thread lol!

tbh, it dont matter what we think of zakir naik, Allah (Swt) is the judge! l

i think he is a great scholar, and those who go againist him, like i said check their aqeedah and you will clearly see who is wrong! also before judgin someone else, we should judge ourselfs and see if we are perfect!!

may Allah (swt) preserve zakir naik! and may he give him the strength to give more lectures brap brap!

:threadclo

any objections phone us on our LI hotline :embarrass

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.