/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pls help.... I can't pray anymore.

Tanya Khan
10-02-2008, 02:51 PM
:sl:

OK, this might sound really silly and childish, but my house is infested with mice and a few weeks ago I saw a big one in my room :ooh: I'm so scared of them. :X

I used to pray so peacefully in my room because that is the only place I can concentrate and be at peace while praying.

I live in a rented property and there is only one other girl living there. She doesn't clean up after herself. I've told her many times that it's because of her they have increased and she does it one day, then is back to her normal dirty ways.

They have breaded so quickly and I see so many :cry: I start trembling and shaking. I have a great big fear of mice and spiders. I know I shouldn't be scared of anything or anyone accept Allah Ta'ala (Ya Raheem please forgive me) :cry:

I can't pray in any other part of the house because there are mice everywhere. :(

If I do pray (which I very much doubt after seeing those mice in my room) then I'll be petrified that it'll run across me or on me while I'm on the floor praying :ooh:

Please help what can I do??? :cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
10-02-2008, 09:32 PM

Thread approved

U can try and buy those high frequency sound things that u put on, nd it scares mouses away?

Güven
10-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Well you can EXTERMINATE them :Evil: naah just kiddin

maybe a cat to scare them away or maybe...uhmm

how do you get alots of mice out of your house without hurting them ???

Lamees
10-02-2008, 09:53 PM
u know what?
I can't handle seeing a picture of a mouse..how abt seeing it face to face+o(+o(+o(+o(+o(+o(

May Allah help u sis..and let all of these mice get out of your room soon..:statisfie

But plz..prayer is a very important pillar of islam..don't let these bad creatures prevent u from praying..
Fight them sis.:raging::D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Brother_Mujahid
10-02-2008, 10:04 PM
face ur bed towards the qibla, and pray on your bed.

problem sorted.

maryam87
10-02-2008, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid

problem sorted.
i have to admit love ur advice lol

i think the cats idea works the best and then maybe use mouse traps

مـحـمد نـبـينا
10-02-2008, 10:43 PM
:wasalamex

dont know if u knew, Allahu a3lam, but kill them? or are u asking how to kill them?

What Ruling on killing mice and rats ?

Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing wrong with killing mice and rats, because ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both) narrated that Hafsah said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“There are five animals for which there is no blame on the one who kills them: crows, kites (hawk-like birds), mice/rats, scorpions and mad dogs.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1828. (Translators’ note: the Arabic word fa’rah may refer to rats or mice, so both are mentioned in the translation).

Al-Qaasim ibn Muhammad said: I heard ‘Aa’ishah, the wife of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), say: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say:

“There are four things which are faasiq (corrupt) and may be killed at all times, whether one is in a state of ihraam [for Hajj and ‘Umrah] or not: kites, crows, mice/rats and mad dogs.” Narrated by Muslim, 1198.

Mice and rats are harmful creatures, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained:

Ibn ‘Abbaas said: a mouse (or rat) came and started dragging the wick (of the lamp). It threw it in front of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), onto the mat on which he was sitting, and it burnt a hole the size of a dirham. He said, “When you go to sleep, extinguish your lamps, for the Shaytaan will tell creatures like this to do something like this so that you will be burned.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 5427.

The mice or rats that may live in people’s houses are among the harmful creatures or vermin (fuwaysiqah) which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded us to kill in all situations, whether we are in ihraam or not. The root of the word fuwaysiqah (fasaqa) means to deviate from the right way and to do harm; hence a sinner is described as “faasiq”, and these animals are called fawaasiq, as a metaphor for their evil nature; or it was said that it is because it is not haraam to kill them, whether one is in ihraam or not, for they have no sanctity or protection in any circumstances. Al-Tahaawi narrated in Ahkaam al-Qur’aan with his isnaad from Yazeed ibn Abu Nu’aym that he [Yazeed] asked Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri why mice/rats were called fuwaysiqah. He said: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) woke up one night and saw that a mouse/rat had taken the wick of the lamp to burn down the house of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), so he got up and killed it, and said that it was permissible to kill them whether one is in ihraam or not. This was mentioned by al-‘Allaamah al-Dumayri.

Al-Bukhaari and Muslim narrated in their Saheehs that Abu Moosa al-Ash’ari said: A house in Madeenah burned down with its people inside. When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) heard about this, he said:

“This fire is an enemy to you, so when you go to sleep, extinguish it.”

Al-Bukhaari narrated that Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“Cover the vessels, for the mouse/rat may drag out the wick (of the lamp) and burn the occupants of the house.”

Something similar was narrated by Muslim, in which he says: “For the fuwaysiqah may start a fire and burn the house and its occupants.”

Al-Tabari said, explaining these ahaadeeth: if a person wants to spend the night in a house in which there is no one else, and in which there is a fire or a lamp, it is a duty on him to extinguish it before he sleeps… The hadeeth was narrated by al-Haakim; he said its isnaad is saheeh.

(From ‘Awn al-Ma’bood Sharh Abi Dawood).

IslamQA

:w:

Eric H
10-03-2008, 05:25 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Tanya Khan;

You can buy traps that are like a small cage, you put food in, and when the mouse goes in the door closes behind it. Then you can release it in some distant place, or give it to the neighbours cat !!!!!

Take care

Eric

Cabdullahi
10-03-2008, 05:45 AM
the best rodent catcher is the cardboard mats with strong glue,all you do is just place it in the holes and other pathways and just chill ,go to bed and when you wake up the next day BAM! you will see it wriggling for its dear life then all you have to do is get a broom and flatten it... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Hamayun
10-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Don't kill the poor mouse!!! :cry: That is so cruel :(

Just catch it and release it in the wild.

julie sarri
10-03-2008, 08:45 AM
cats are the best form of deterrent becouse the mice can smell the cat and wont come any where near have you spoken to the person you rent the place from its there job to deal with this issue becouse you are paying them rent

Tanya Khan
10-03-2008, 09:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by raOnar

Thread approved

U can try and buy those high frequency sound things that u put on, nd it scares mouses away?
Do they really work though? I need something effective as I have also bait down on many occasions, but they don't touch it. The little buggers are too clever. :raging:

Tanya Khan
10-03-2008, 09:04 AM

problem sorted.
If only I was brave enough to move the bed. I'm scared it migth shoot past me. :X

Can they climb on my bed while I'm sleeping?

Tanya Khan
10-03-2008, 09:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by مـحـمد نـبـينا
:wasalamex

dont know if u knew, Allahu a3lam, but kill them? or are u asking how to kill them?

What Ruling on killing mice and rats ?

Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing wrong with killing mice and rats, because ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both) narrated that Hafsah said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“There are five animals for which there is no blame on the one who kills them: crows, kites (hawk-like birds), mice/rats, scorpions and mad dogs.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1828. (Translators’ note: the Arabic word fa’rah may refer to rats or mice, so both are mentioned in the translation).

Al-Qaasim ibn Muhammad said: I heard ‘Aa’ishah, the wife of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), say: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say:

“There are four things which are faasiq (corrupt) and may be killed at all times, whether one is in a state of ihraam [for Hajj and ‘Umrah] or not: kites, crows, mice/rats and mad dogs.” Narrated by Muslim, 1198.

Mice and rats are harmful creatures, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained:

Ibn ‘Abbaas said: a mouse (or rat) came and started dragging the wick (of the lamp). It threw it in front of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), onto the mat on which he was sitting, and it burnt a hole the size of a dirham. He said, “When you go to sleep, extinguish your lamps, for the Shaytaan will tell creatures like this to do something like this so that you will be burned.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 5427.

The mice or rats that may live in people’s houses are among the harmful creatures or vermin (fuwaysiqah) which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded us to kill in all situations, whether we are in ihraam or not. The root of the word fuwaysiqah (fasaqa) means to deviate from the right way and to do harm; hence a sinner is described as “faasiq”, and these animals are called fawaasiq, as a metaphor for their evil nature; or it was said that it is because it is not haraam to kill them, whether one is in ihraam or not, for they have no sanctity or protection in any circumstances. Al-Tahaawi narrated in Ahkaam al-Qur’aan with his isnaad from Yazeed ibn Abu Nu’aym that he [Yazeed] asked Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri why mice/rats were called fuwaysiqah. He said: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) woke up one night and saw that a mouse/rat had taken the wick of the lamp to burn down the house of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), so he got up and killed it, and said that it was permissible to kill them whether one is in ihraam or not. This was mentioned by al-‘Allaamah al-Dumayri.

Al-Bukhaari and Muslim narrated in their Saheehs that Abu Moosa al-Ash’ari said: A house in Madeenah burned down with its people inside. When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) heard about this, he said:

“This fire is an enemy to you, so when you go to sleep, extinguish it.”

Al-Bukhaari narrated that Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“Cover the vessels, for the mouse/rat may drag out the wick (of the lamp) and burn the occupants of the house.”

Something similar was narrated by Muslim, in which he says: “For the fuwaysiqah may start a fire and burn the house and its occupants.”

Al-Tabari said, explaining these ahaadeeth: if a person wants to spend the night in a house in which there is no one else, and in which there is a fire or a lamp, it is a duty on him to extinguish it before he sleeps… The hadeeth was narrated by al-Haakim; he said its isnaad is saheeh.

(From ‘Awn al-Ma’bood Sharh Abi Dawood).

IslamQA

:w:

I didn't know mice/rats were that bad (Ya Allah help me) :exhausted

Mikayeel
10-03-2008, 09:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tanya Khan
Do they really work though? I need something effective as I have also bait down on many occasions, but they don't touch it. The little buggers are too clever. :raging:

Yee they work very well! As long as u buy a decent brand. Our friends had the same problem, until they bought one of them, and it casted them all away.

Tanya Khan
10-03-2008, 09:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
the best rodent catcher is the cardboard mats with strong glue,all you do is just place it in the holes and other pathways and just chill ,go to bed and when you wake up the next day BAM! you will see it wriggling for its dear life then all you have to do is get a broom and flatten it... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
No I think they are the worst, especially for a weak hearted person like me. :-[ Can you imagine me waking up in the morning and seeing those disgusting mice wriggling away on the glue trap +o( I would faint.

Also, the thought of having to pick it up afterwards makes me shiver. :enough!:

Tanya Khan
10-03-2008, 09:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by raOnar

Yee they work very well! As long as u buy a decent brand. Our friends had the same problem, until they bought one of them, and it casted them all away.
Where do the mice go? Do they stay in the house and hide or do they leave?

Thank you for your advice brother and to everybody else. May Allah (SWT) keep you happy always. :)

Cabdullahi
10-03-2008, 09:21 AM
mice are very clever until you get a cat and the glue mats they wont go

------
10-03-2008, 09:25 AM

problem sorted.
:salamext:

Snap!

Ushae
10-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Tanya

Buy a cat ! It's the best way I can think of and you can keep it indoors too.
Some other things..

1. Mouse Traps
2. Poison

I think you should get rid of these things ASAP, they're regarded as vermin for a reason becuase they carry many diseases that can be potentially harmful/fatal.

zircon
10-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Salam,
oh i hope your prob would be solved before long.
i dont know if its a good idea..but..
try nailing a long strip of hard net made of metal along the downside of your house's entrance doors so that no rat could come inside. As for those already trapped in, the mousetrap might handle them.
the best way so far mentioned is still having a cat inside the house

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.